SONY NW-ZX700
Feb 12, 2023 at 9:19 AM Post #706 of 2,824
I can’t imagine any region loving music with such massive drop in bass. One of the primary reason to buy 300 series is to take it out for walk etc and we need more bass for that use case. Why would Sony put such a massive drop in bass for any region and not specify it in spec sheet .
Only acceptable reason would be defective unit and region based tuning is just absurd. But I remember Mr. Walkman firmware for non android used to have this region based setting and each region would sound different so who knows they do really Bork their DAP in some region.

Feb 12, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #707 of 2,824
I seem to remember for WM1A/WM1Z used region specific tuning. Noticable differences could be heard between regions like Japan JP/China CN, CA for Canada etc.
All of that to cater for country specific taste differences..

Maybe Sony still applies region specific software sound tuning explaining the sound of your Emirati player?

When I had a UK version (capped) A105 it felt lifeless compared to a Japanese A105 that replaced it, in addition to the lower volume.

Feb 12, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #708 of 2,824
Dude thats what my route going to be, upgrading from Fiio M11 plus ESS to ZX707
How is the technicalities especially imaging layering? And the bass quality or punch on ZX707? Since M11 plus ESS is more neutral signature but not as fun.
The separation and detail in instruments is better, not sure if the soundstage is wider or if it's just the better separation that gives me that feel.
The bass is the biggest difference to me. I love bass and the 707 gives my Mammoths a well controlled kick. I swear I can feel the double bass on some tracks. Yet it's tight and not overpowering. Pantera's Five Minutes Alone is incredible with the bass hitting hard without overpowering Dimbags riffs.
I have to say again, for a Rock and Metal fan the pairing of the 707 with the CA sound signature is perfection.

Feb 13, 2023 at 1:26 AM Post #710 of 2,824
For those looking to ship it from Japan, the weight I was quoted was 0.69KG and the size is around 20x15cm.

For those in Singapore, according to FromJapan, it will cost you JPY2400 for EMS and JPY2912 for FedEx for the LMD from Japan to you.

Sorry about the lack of more detailed info. I forgot to take a screenshot and the exact depth of the box.

Feb 13, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #712 of 2,824
Got my ZX delivered from Japan today!

After listening a few hours, I already notice my EX1000's having amazing synergy with it, quite possibly already outperforming my WM1Z, single DD IEMS seem to be going very well with this beast!
Also really like the build quality,very classy player

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #713 of 2,824
Awesome! Where did you order it from? I am thinking of getting a Japan unit sometime in the near future...

Feb 13, 2023 at 7:08 PM Post #715 of 2,824
Got my ZX delivered from Japan today!

After listening a few hours, I already notice my EX1000's having amazing synergy with it, quite possibly already outperforming my WM1Z, single DD IEMS seem to be going very well with this beast!
Also really like the build quality,very classy player
Wow that is interesting! I would not expect the 707 to outperform a 1Z. I would love to hear more of your impressions!
Awesome! Where did you order it from? I am thinking of getting a Japan unit sometime in the near future...
A majority of us got ours from fromjapan.co.jp and Buyee/Tenso as well. They are communicative about statuses and do not charge exorbitant fees.

Feb 13, 2023 at 7:28 PM Post #716 of 2,824
Got it, and thanks for the info! Would Japan sellers on Ebay be trustworthy, shipping to the USA?

Feb 13, 2023 at 9:16 PM Post #717 of 2,824
Got it, and thanks for the info! Would Japan sellers on Ebay be trustworthy, shipping to the USA?
I purchased the a307 from eBay but the seller sent me the a306...he's agreed to refund but I have already paid over $110 CAD in VAT fees, which would not be recovered. He's has ignored any follow up messages regarding partial refund or any type of other resolution. Not sure what to do now...

Feb 13, 2023 at 9:28 PM Post #718 of 2,824
A majority of us got ours from fromjapan.co.jp and Buyee/Tenso as well. They are communicative about statuses and do not charge exorbitant fees.
+2. Ordered mine via fromjapan on 2/7 PM and they were at my door via fedex 2/13 AM (US). Loving it so far, running both my IE600s and my TZ700s through the ringer with it. So much nicer to have a DAP with a balanced output option. As mentioned, it is a tank compared to the much smaller A series. iPhone mini/707/105
image.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back