SONY NW-ZX700
Feb 10, 2023 at 5:52 AM Post #661 of 2,751
I just found out the A307 has output impedance of 2.2ohm which is bit too high for some of my IEMs like Andromeda (makes them sound too bright). Might be a nogo for me unfortunately - i love the form factor though
Yes, I hear slight hiss with my Shure SE846 while not when using WM1AM2. IEM's I use most now are Fiio FD7 and Sony M9 and those are both over 20 ohm so nice silent background on A307. I tend to just use my SE846's these days on a short cable to BTR5 with LDAC BT LDAC for wireless use.

With SE846 you can hear slight hiss between tracks or in silent sections in music. I do have an IEMatch for use with my SE846's as needed, though rarely these days.

61lxtj-MyEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2023 at 6:33 AM Post #662 of 2,751
Feb 10, 2023 at 7:23 AM Post #666 of 2,751
Feb 10, 2023 at 7:52 AM Post #667 of 2,751
Well i didn't know that the new 707 was a big deal. I was in Japan last week and while walking through Akihabara district ; i came across a big headphone store (like a 4-5 storey building) and they were promoting this. Im nowhere near as experienced as you guys but i bought a Kanto and a BQEYZ Winter just to try it out.

I wont talk about the sound etc...since im no use to you guys but comparing the battery life to anything Sony has ever made and i can say they made a biiig step up.

Feb 10, 2023 at 8:24 AM Post #668 of 2,751
Well i didn't know that the new 707 was a big deal. I was in Japan last week and while walking through Akihabara district ; i came across a big headphone store (like a 4-5 storey building) and they were promoting this. Im nowhere near as experienced as you guys but i bought a Kanto and a BQEYZ Winter just to try it out.

I wont talk about the sound etc...since im no use to you guys but comparing the battery life to anything Sony has ever made and i can say they made a biiig step up.
25hrs max for ZX700 series vs 36hrs for A300 series and 40hrs for WM1AM2.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #670 of 2,751
Yes, I hear slight hiss with my Shure SE846 while not when using WM1AM2. IEM's I use most now are Fiio FD7 and Sony M9 and those are both over 20 ohm so nice silent background on A307.
Have you been happy with the A307 for your M9s? I really prefer the footprint of the 307 vs the 707 and it'd just be for my M9s anyways.

Feb 10, 2023 at 10:19 AM Post #671 of 2,751
Have you been happy with the A307 for your M9s? I really prefer the footprint of the 307 vs the 707 and it'd just be for my M9s anyways.
The A307 & M9 work beautifully together :thumbsup: Battery looks to last for ages using Walkman App in particular. I'm not missing the 4.4mm balanced of my WM1AM2 with them.

Feb 10, 2023 at 5:18 PM Post #673 of 2,751
Any (English-friendly) reviews yet?
Surprisingly, no English reviews yet.

I don't do reviews, but having used the Japanese NW-ZX707 for almost a week, I can highly recommend it as a DAP.
  • Sounds amazing. Good low end with satsifying slam and bass extension. Lush mids and sparkly highs. Everything sounds clear and detailed with no distortion. Great soundstage.
  • Solid, sleek, and beautiful build quality
  • Good battery life (when not using/leaving the screen on)
  • Expensive but affordable (especially if you got it with 10% off deal I posted a few days back)
  • Screen is bright and looks good. Not as good as top tier OLED or mini LED screens out there but good enough for a DAP
  • SOC is snappy for most tasks but could get slightly laggy in certain conditions. It can even play video files smoothly.
So far, my only gripes is that it doesn't come with parametric EQ. The system EQ is very basic and not too customizable.

Even with high gain turned on, it might not be enough to power extremely power hungry headphones, but it sufficiently powers all of my personal IEMs and headphones.

Do not buy the nerfed version of NW-ZX707 that doesn't have high gain option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back