SONY NW-ZX500
Oct 11, 2023 at 5:49 AM Post #8,536 of 8,642
Did you flash the provided dtbo file?
Yup, i flashed the one you added here in the forum, and as a test, because it didnt work the one you provided in git, everything worked great but only the processor not. i have a international zx507 with the volume cap removed (thanks to you!), and software version 4.06,can i flash/downgrade your chn 4.04? and then try again?

If so: how can i flash your: nw_zx500_4.04_chn_fastboot.tar

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2023 at 7:51 AM Post #8,537 of 8,642
Yup, i flashed the one you added here in the forum, and as a test, because it didnt work the one you provided in git, everything worked great but only the processor not. i have a international zx507 with the volume cap removed (thanks to you!), and software version 4.06,can i flash/downgrade your chn 4.04? and then try again?

If so: how can i flash your: nw_zx500_4.04_chn_fastboot.tar
Great news!
Is the battery life affected in any way?
Any idea if this will also work for A306/ZX507?

Oct 13, 2023 at 2:15 AM Post #8,539 of 8,642
Would recommend to replace the default Android Quickstep launcher with this minimalist text only UI launcher:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aurhe.ap15&hl=en_US

From my personal experience on WM1AM2 and ZX507, I find that this launcher not only help to improve UI performance, I am also noticing sound quality improvements for both walkmans. Not to mention this launcher should help to save battery too, since it doesn't have to render any icons.

Oct 13, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #8,541 of 8,642
Would recommend to replace the default Android Quickstep launcher with this minimalist text only UI launcher:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aurhe.ap15&hl=en_US

From my personal experience on WM1AM2 and ZX507, I find that this launcher not only help to improve UI performance, I am also noticing sound quality improvements for both walkmans. Not to mention this launcher should help to save battery too, since it doesn't have to render any icons.
How can a launcher improve the sound of a dap?

Oct 13, 2023 at 1:54 PM Post #8,542 of 8,642
I find this difficult to believe too, the Walkman player is already bit perfect and by passes the android resampler, so any launcher should have no effect on the sound as the sound is not travelling through the android stack.

Oct 13, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #8,543 of 8,642
This guy is delusional.
Apparently his superior hearing allows him to notice the difference not only between different MicroSD brands, but also the same card formatted in different devices :D
All kinds of nonsensical claims, just ignore him.

Oct 13, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #8,544 of 8,642
This guy is delusional.
Apparently his superior hearing allows him to notice the difference not only between different MicroSD brands, but also the same card formatted in different devices :D
All kinds of nonsensical claims, just ignore him.
I hope he pays really close attention to every app that he installs on his dap because the wrong combination could really mess up your frequency response 😂😂. Should probably check his Android settings too while he's at it.

Oct 13, 2023 at 6:53 PM Post #8,549 of 8,642
Just a reminder that there is an ignore function. Please add me to it. I will be glad to do the same to all above.
For the record, I do think the name calling is a bit too far… But you must see where some of the skepticism Is coming from especially if you offer it as advice.

Because again, how would a launcher affect the sound quality changes of a bit perfect player app? I think this warrants some caution or at least blind testing before telling other users how to improve their sound quality experience. Just my two cents…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back