SONY NW-ZX500
Mar 30, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #7,069 of 8,642
Hi there, I do have that combination. I think its a great combo, very nice synergies between them both. I also have the A&K SE100 + amp but I prefer to have a lighter combo for daily commute. This combination provides you with the true Sony punch/ 80s type of music sound signature. Its important to find a good ear tip. I don't like the Sony's. I prefer the Symbio W. Typically I listen at 108/120 volume in a plane. Good luck.
Hey, thanks very much for the input. I looked around for a used 507 until I found a good deal on the WM1A. Impatiently awaiting delivery...

Mar 30, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #7,070 of 8,642
Everyone,
I have personally sent an email to Sony of how to fix the DAP issue. It does require a new OS. So hopefully all will work out and be well, this would be moving away from android.

It's a simple OS in theory... applicable for tablets, consoles, computers etc... it's just a really neat one and it's unbelievably fast and beyond secure!

- Ransom

Mar 30, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #7,071 of 8,642
Everyone,
I have personally sent an email to Sony of how to fix the DAP issue. It does require a new OS. So hopefully all will work out and be well, this would be moving away from android.

It's a simple OS in theory... applicable for tablets, consoles, computers etc... it's just a really neat one and it's unbelievably fast and beyond secure!

- Ransom

And why do you assume that Sony is incapable of figuring this out?

Mar 30, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #7,072 of 8,642
ezgif-6-14e025608a80.gif

Mar 30, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #7,073 of 8,642
Everyone,

- Ransom

Can’t say you aren’t ambitious. Sorry to say this, but there is zero chance of Sony listening to you. This is regardless of if you personally sent the email or got one of your team of staff (nurses ?) to do it on your behalf.

Mar 31, 2021 at 3:09 AM Post #7,077 of 8,642
I think with this new firmware’s brighter sound tuning, the Walkman app doesn’t sound as warm/mushy as before. Also the aggressive mid bass has been tone down. I really liked the spatial sound staging on the Walkman music app more, plus you have better battery life on it.
I have the Sony nw-106 and with the latest update it sounds fantastic, better than before.

Apr 1, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #7,078 of 8,642
Is anyone rocking a portable amp with their walkman? Just curious how the likes of the Topping NX1s pairs with the walkman? Never had a separate amp before but I have the 'want a new toy' bug and the NX1s looks like a bargain. Its also almost the exact same size as the A105 which is handy.
Try the Oriolus BA300S. I use it with my WM1A. Get the version 1 because it provides a +3db gain.

Apr 1, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #7,079 of 8,642
Try the Oriolus BA300S. I use it with my WM1A. Get the version 1 because it provides a +3db gain.
Thanks but the BA300S is nearly 10x the price of the NX1s so really isn’t an option

Users who are viewing this thread

Back