SONY NW-ZX500
Sep 24, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #5,161 of 8,642
How do I organized the audio file in MicroSD card so that it can be play via Sony music player app on the NW-ZX507 as it cannot be recognized?

Need to put under [Music] folder on the microSD card then branch out from there?

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #5,162 of 8,642
How do I organized the audio file in MicroSD card so that it can be play via Sony music player app on the NW-ZX507 as it cannot be recognized?

Need to put under [Music] folder on the microSD card then branch out from there?
Make sure your card is formatted either FAT32 or exFAT and that'll depend on size of the card. As for where to put your music on the card, I've just put everything under \Music and had zero problems.

Album art needs to be baseline JPG.

Sep 24, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #5,163 of 8,642
I am still waiting for mine to arrive jesus its sooo long!
I ordered the international model it should sound good.

Maybe v 3.0 comes out before I get my zx507 LoL
how long are u waiting?
mine came in 10 days. form JP to Ukraine 💛💙

Sep 24, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #5,165 of 8,642

either format it in zx500 or (as I heard) simply create an Music folder on sd card and put all music there.

Sep 24, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #5,167 of 8,642
Dont have amazon music hd so couldnt confirm but all these streaming apps i have and use - apple music, spotify, tidal, deezer, youtube music output 96khz regardless of their native format, even masters on tidal. But the player is indeed capable since UAPP when set to stream tidal in bit perfect does output the right resolution. Downside though is that UAPP cannot play downloaded tidal songs so i dont use that often except when in the house, and i have roon setup there so its not really much use

According to Sony help guide (https://helpguide.sony.net/dmp/nwzx500/v1/en/contents/TP0002936004.html), you can can Up-converted streaming playback at 192 kHz/32 bit.

Sep 24, 2020 at 10:38 PM Post #5,169 of 8,642
how long are u waiting?
mine came in 10 days. form JP to Ukraine 💛💙
I think my ZX507 should be here tomorrow from Japan. It took about 2 weeks.

I live in Canada and I absolutely wanted the international version as I believe sony tweaks the sound for each region... we have this wide selection of regions we can tune via rockbox on wm1a and 1z. And my preferred is E which stands for tourists international tuning. This is why I absolutely want this one and it was also lower cost. But I think its shipped from korea via Amazon usa.
Heck I don't know where its shipped from but waiting it says between September 22 and October 6 when I ordered it the 10th.

Can someone verify if sensme feature works on zx507 please.

Sep 25, 2020 at 1:40 AM Post #5,171 of 8,642
I live in Canada and I absolutely wanted the international version as I believe sony tweaks the sound for each region... we have this wide selection of regions we can tune via rockbox on wm1a and 1z. And my preferred is E which stands for tourists international tuning. This is why I absolutely want this one and it was also lower cost. But I think its shipped from korea via Amazon usa.
Heck I don't know where its shipped from but waiting it says between September 22 and October 6 when I ordered it the 10th.

Can someone verify if sensme feature works on zx507 please.

I've got the Japanese Version and it sounds amazing. You can be happy when it arrives :)

Sep 25, 2020 at 5:30 AM Post #5,172 of 8,642
I'm pretty happy with my ZX507, but what me really bothers is the delay when pressing the physical next/prev or play/pause button on the side of the device. It always happens when the screen is off. Sometimes the delay between pressing the button and the action is up to 10 seconds while hearing music. :unamused: Am I the only one or do you guys still experience the same problem? I asked one time already, but I expected the updates to solve this issue, but they didn't.:thinking: fw version 2.02.01

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #5,173 of 8,642
I'm pretty happy with my ZX507, but what me really bothers is the delay when pressing the physical next/prev or play/pause button on the side of the device. It always happens when the screen is off. Sometimes the delay between pressing the button and the action is up to 10 seconds while hearing music. :unamused: Am I the only one or do you guys still experience the same problem? I asked one time already, but I expected the updates to solve this issue, but they didn't.:thinking: fw version 2.02.01

Weird, mine doesn't have anything near those delays. It's not fully instantaneous, there is a lag but I certainly can't count seconds before something happens. I have no idea what could be causing this.

Sep 25, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #5,174 of 8,642
Today I listened to andromeda's 2020.
very good. much more entertaining than boring ier-m7
112.6 db/mw 12.6 ohm.
I realized that my 8 years old sony mdr ex510lp (106db/mw, 16 ohm) are quite competitive earphones. even though they lack sub-bass and bass, they have clear joyful sound.
I've bought them for $120 (however, I believe they could be bough for $80 on ebay.

Sep 25, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #5,175 of 8,642

Under what conditions does this happen?

Do you have Battery saver on?
have you done the tweaks? maybe you turned something off essential to the walkman?

I ask because this is very unusual behavior. Mine works ok with screen off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back