SONY NW-ZX500
Apr 21, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #2,791 of 8,642
Any idea when is the next firmware update coming?
Last update was on March 18... They don't seem to have a history on the official Sony website, maybe someone knows how often they issue updates?
They also push the Android security patches - so they might quite often.

Apr 22, 2020 at 3:48 AM Post #2,792 of 8,642
So just downloaded almost 100gig of music. I check storage on ssd, confirms it's got data on it, switch to offline mode, album cover shows, all the albums listed as normal, I go to play something and says content no longer exists. Happened on a couple of SD cards now. The device has been factory reset, latest version 1.21 redownload tidal. Any ideas?
You have reformatted the SD cards in the machine first? Just a thought.

Apr 22, 2020 at 3:57 AM Post #2,793 of 8,642
I just want to share my experience with ZX-507 and CA Andromeda Gold and Audeze iSine 10/20. Might be helpful for someone.

I have decided to get the Sony DAP because of the Andromeda low impedance (7 Ohms @ 1kHz Impedance). I have tested the European version of DAP but was playing at very high volumes (around 90 of of 120) with 3.5mm output. So I have decided to get the Japanese version and get 4.4mm balance cable for the Andromeda's.

My experience:
-the size and weight are correct. Easy to carry in my pocket.
-sound is massive. Lots of bass with Andromeda's. Even compared to my Chord Mojo
-listening volumes are pretty low. 30 of 120 with Andromeda's (4.4mm). 50 of 120 with iSine (3.5mm). At night I can listen at volume 5 of 120.
-I do lots of streaming. For one month I have compared Spotify and Amazon Music HD quality. Amazon was clear winner.
-with Andromeda's I use Direct Source. With the iSine I use the Equalizer to correct the frequencies.
-battery is the weakest point but its not so bad. I use the option to do automatic turn off after one hour of inactivity. This helps a lot.

Attachments

• sonynwzx507.jpg
    sonynwzx507.jpg
    772 KB · Views: 0
Apr 22, 2020 at 4:38 AM Post #2,794 of 8,642
I just want to share my experience with ZX-507 and CA Andromeda Gold and Audeze iSine 10/20. Might be helpful for someone.

I have decided to get the Sony DAP because of the Andromeda low impedance (7 Ohms @ 1kHz Impedance). I have tested the European version of DAP but was playing at very high volumes (around 90 of of 120) with 3.5mm output. So I have decided to get the Japanese version and get 4.4mm balance cable for the Andromeda's.

My experience:
-the size and weight are correct. Easy to carry in my pocket.
-sound is massive. Lots of bass with Andromeda's. Even compared to my Chord Mojo
-listening volumes are pretty low. 30 of 120 with Andromeda's (4.4mm). 50 of 120 with iSine (3.5mm). At night I can listen at volume 5 of 120.
-I do lots of streaming. For one month I have compared Spotify and Amazon Music HD quality. Amazon was clear winner.
-with Andromeda's I use Direct Source. With the iSine I use the Equalizer to correct the frequencies.
-battery is the weakest point but its not so bad. I use the option to do automatic turn off after one hour of inactivity. This helps a lot.

Nice package. Enjoy the sound.

What case and screen protector you're using? Just trying to figure out has I'll need to return my unit to accessoryjack (still shiny new but there's a dead pixel) and will try to get a case (Dignis leather is beautiful but expensive) and a screen protector.

Also I really would like to test Amazon Ultra HD or Qobuz but not available in my region.

Apr 22, 2020 at 6:06 AM Post #2,796 of 8,642
Anyone using alternative music players than Sony’s Walkman app? Any recommendations? (Non streaming apps)
My personal favourites:
1. USB Audio Player PRO
2. HiByMusic
3. HF Player

Apr 22, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #2,797 of 8,642
Thanks. I really enjoy listening my music with this setup. It's quite intense and very portable.

I have the official Sony flip leather case CKL-NWZX500. It works nice. Just the inside flip side tend to collect lot of dust. But it protects the device well when in my laptop bag or pocket with keys...

Amazon Ultra HD sounds really good to my ears. Specially compared to Spotify.

Nice package. Enjoy the sound.

What case and screen protector you're using? Just trying to figure out has I'll need to return my unit to accessoryjack (still shiny new but there's a dead pixel) and will try to get a case (Dignis leather is beautiful but expensive) and a screen protector.

Also I really would like to test Amazon Ultra HD or Qobuz but not available in my region.

Apr 22, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #2,798 of 8,642
Thanks. I really enjoy listening my music with this setup. It's quite intense and very portable.

I have the official Sony flip leather case CKL-NWZX500. It works nice. Just the inside flip side tend to collect lot of dust. But it protects the device well when in my laptop bag or pocket with keys...

Amazon Ultra HD sounds really good to my ears. Specially compared to Spotify.

I mainly use Tidal and FLAC files but would really like to try Amazon HD but it's only available in a couple of countries. Also have a list of 1500+ live shows collection (my hobby in the early days) but it's collecting dust in last years -> http://db.etree.org/Jorge.Costa/audio

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #2,799 of 8,642
I guess the plugs to protect the ports that are not in use are meant here. Just little plastic pieces to put into the „open holes“ , so no dirt or dust gets into the player. They came with my device, too.
Thank you and now i understand and sure i got mine from Japan and it came with two plugs for headphone jacks and one for usb charging port. but never used it though.Thanks

Apr 22, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #2,802 of 8,642
do you know if UAPP hi-res driver works with the zx507 and delivers unmolested sample/bit rates?

It works but you have to use Directed Driver.

Apr 22, 2020 at 7:34 PM Post #2,804 of 8,642
Anyone using alternative music players than Sony’s Walkman app? Any recommendations? (Non streaming apps)
Sony app is the only one that will play hires audio back correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back