SONY NW-ZX500
Apr 2, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #2,509 of 8,639
Would love to see USB DAC enabled on this device. Much cheaper DAP alternatives have this feature such as the Shanling M0 which has one of the smallest form factors. It would be a shame if Sony were holding this back just so it can be an exclusive feature on the WM1Z and WM1A. I think for the price it should be a feature enabled on this device.

Apr 2, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #2,511 of 8,639
Hmm, how does it manifest? Could you attach a screenshot? I have a guess, but I don't want to start providing details unless I'm sure.

This should probably be in a Fiio thread, hope nobody gets angry or something :D

Apr 3, 2020 at 5:12 AM Post #2,513 of 8,639
https://www.porta-fi.com/sony-nw-zx507-walkman-review/2/

Quote from the review below. This is good news concerning Android SRC.

"The Sony team has just shared with me that a new firmware is currently in beta, this firmware release will address the 48kHz/16-bit bottleneck and allow both music streaming and music playback apps to output at a resolution of 192kHz/24-bit on the NW-ZX507."

Apr 3, 2020 at 5:40 AM Post #2,514 of 8,639

"The Sony team has just shared with me that a new firmware is currently in beta, this firmware release will address the 48kHz/16-bit bottleneck and allow both music streaming and music playback apps to output at a resolution of 192kHz/24-bit on the NW-ZX507."

Cool! I am wondering whether they can/will also add USB-DAC and BT receiver function? Like with the „bigger brothers“ of the ZX family? ☺️

Apr 3, 2020 at 5:47 AM Post #2,515 of 8,639
OMG this is huge if true.

Update: The Sony team has just shared with me that a new firmware is currently in beta, this firmware release will address the 48kHz/16-bit bottleneck and allow both music streaming and music playback apps to output at a resolution of 192kHz/24-bit on the NW-ZX507.

Apr 3, 2020 at 6:43 AM Post #2,516 of 8,639
That would be an awesome update which I expected as bypassing SRC is Android things, and since they enabled it, it would eventually arrive at Sony. It takes them sometimes due to the differences in Hardware implementations and android compatibility, but Sony is Sony. The Covid outbreak may delay all of these firmware releases though. Hopefully you guys get it as soon as you can

Apr 3, 2020 at 6:47 AM Post #2,517 of 8,639
So I have re bought it.

Apr 3, 2020 at 7:10 AM Post #2,518 of 8,639
That was quick, and I also wouldn’t believe that claim of “Sony team has shared with”. Sony has never shared with anyone, it may have leaked out information, which and whom results would be severely punished. Sony has never allowed anyone to share “future information”. Even with “interviews”, there are only so much the engineers can respond to. But for all that said, I do expect firmware to have taken care of SRC issues

Apr 3, 2020 at 7:53 AM Post #2,519 of 8,639

WOW

Apr 3, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #2,520 of 8,639
That was quick, and I also wouldn’t believe that claim of “Sony team has shared with”. Sony has never shared with anyone, it may have leaked out information, which and whom results would be severely punished. Sony has never allowed anyone to share “future information”. Even with “interviews”, there are only so much the engineers can respond to. But for all that said, I do expect firmware to have taken care of SRC issues

I think a lot of people sent them back. (I did)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back