SONY NW-ZX500
Feb 10, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #2,011 of 8,639
Folks, I need your advice. I can't decide between the zx500, a&norma sr15, and the chord poly (as I currently have a chord Mojo) to pair with my ie800 and audeze sine. Which one would you recommend me to buy to fit best to my current gears?

Feb 10, 2020 at 8:52 PM Post #2,014 of 8,639
I’m afraid 8 hours continuous streaming won’t be possible. Mine - zx507 japan domestic version - lasts around 6h although I should check better again.
Thanks for the info!

Sony's been kind of the battery king for DAPs, but this is their first foray into streaming since the ZX2. I figured there wouldn't be ZX300 level battery life, but this is an unexpectedly low number.

I know Android can learn use patterns to help optimize battery life over time, but I wonder what kind of gains that translates to for pure streaming.

Feb 11, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #2,016 of 8,639
Thanks for the info!

Sony's been kind of the battery king for DAPs, but this is their first foray into streaming since the ZX2. I figured there wouldn't be ZX300 level battery life, but this is an unexpectedly low number.

I know Android can learn use patterns to help optimize battery life over time, but I wonder what kind of gains that translates to for pure streaming.
I have the same doubts. I´ll run some tests to my zx507 about it, althought I´m not versed in Android matters

Feb 11, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #2,018 of 8,639
I'm speculating that the real battery drainer is the screen brightness. Even at 0% it's still very bright. I think it's a bug. Can anyone confirm that it's very bright at 0% compare to the other android screens? I need a way to report this to Sony.

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #2,020 of 8,639
I'm speculating that the real battery drainer is the screen brightness. Even at 0% it's still very bright. I think it's a bug. Can anyone confirm that it's very bright at 0% compare to the other android screens? I need a way to report this to Sony.

Mine is also very bright at 0% but I haven’t got another android to compare it with. It’s a lot brighter than my iPhone at 0%

Feb 11, 2020 at 12:37 PM Post #2,025 of 8,639
Well, what streaming services have higher than 48/24 quality ?

MQA is still 44.1/16 or 24/48
One of the benefits of TIDAL, and thus the ability to stream on this new player, is the abundance of MQA recordings available on there. But regardless of the sample rate is always a concern when extra conversions happen because no matter how well they are done they are likely to have some affect on the sound and there’s also more work for your player to do which affects battery life.

Obviously though this is all speculation and either you hear the difference or you don’t. Thank you for the reply though it’s an issue I will now pay closer attention to when I am auditioning the player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back