SONY NW-ZX500
Jan 31, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #1,891 of 8,639
Shure SE846 are a truly stunning earphone, I only sold as I struggled with fit with my right ear (common issue for me)

Jan 31, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #1,892 of 8,639
no, I've tried sony ier-m7 today. I disliked them. they are not loud. I've also tried andromeda in the past (green). I disliked them too. they are not detailed, however pretty clean sound. both iers had no bass.
You have to try SE846 if you can. I have two pair I love them that much!

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #1,895 of 8,639
what is "a modded 1A"??????
The internal wiring is swapped out from unshielded plain copper to high end enameled cables. In my case I swapped them out for 20 gauge Neotech Solid OCC Copper cables.
The MOD increases resolution, reduces noise, offers a dark black background, Dynamics and stage are deeper and wider.
Check out the 1A/1Z thread to find out more.
It's a very simple MOD.

Feb 1, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #1,896 of 8,639
I'm at a bit of a junction with DAPs at the minute.

For years I've load the Walkman range, cassette, minidisc and various digital models right up to the wm1a. However I'm a bit stuck now, I really want to try the 507 but I'm afraid I've been spoiled by my Ifi audio micro idsd black label DAC/amp.
For me it sounds better than my mojo/poly combo did and better than the DX220 that I sold recently.

I fear that I will be disappointed by the 507 in comparison. I don't use portable players in the way I used to, I'd say 99% of my listening is in the house this taking away the need for a DAP.

So tempting though as I do love the Sony house sound.
Order off Amazon, give it a try for a couple of days, if don't like send it back for refund. Simples.

I'd love to stick with amazons non android range but not podcast/bookmark facility makes that a no from me personally :frowning2:

Feb 1, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #1,897 of 8,639
Order off Amazon, give it a try for a couple of days, if don't like send it back for refund. Simples.

I'd love to stick with amazons non android range but not podcast/bookmark facility makes that a no from me personally :frowning2:

I've just contradicted everything I've said and ordered the Fiio M15 from Amazon!!!

Decided against the Sony as after reading around it appears it is probably sitting between the zx300 and wm1a, both which i've owned.

Feb 2, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #1,904 of 8,639
It depends a lot on the file source resolution. You can last a while if you are on MP3 and a lot shorter in 16/44.1 high resolution and even worse if you do MQA or higher quality. It is just logical so
Most of my files are flacs 44.1/16 and 96/24. I used Tidal MQA sometimes. This is my second dap so I don't have much experience with the daps. Well, I will readjust my expectation as you suggest.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back