1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-ZX2 DAP

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Nov 16, 2014.
First

Back
943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952
954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963
Next

Last
  1. kms108
    I you have Google the apk.

2. rennwerkes
    There are a bunch of apk files.
    Is there any particular one to use?
    And any particular site to use?
    Seems as though they're all third party host sites.

3. amat milan
    hi.. how to print screen nw-zx2 ?
    thanks

4. DONTGIVEUP
    Sony could probably had fix it with a software upgrade. Maybe they have to pay android for further improvements and never thought about those who need it in the long run.
    Since they have now ditched android platform for 2 years now it is very likely an upgrade won’t happen.
    And you are right it’s android is just too weak of a system for many newer apps.
    And now with the WM they are having these ‘super upgrades’ for their own system.

5. purk Contributor
    We need a software update really or just create a pure audio mode for snappy audio performance.

G_T_J and Richter Di like this.
  6. kms108
    I think the ZX2 is at end of life status.

Everything has gone into DAP with Sony's own OS.

It's works without a problem for playback on it's own player, with files stored in the player, that's enough for me.

7. TooFrank
    FWIW: I agree that the end appears to be near for the ZX2, but I still love mine and I'll try to keep it alive as long as I can. It has become slow in reacting, but I can live with that as long as it can play/stream Tidal:) So I am carefull in updating any apps. To this end, I have deleted almost everything, so it really only should play music stored either my own or via Tidal....:L3000:

8. DONTGIVEUP
    I love my ZX2 too. This is/could be Sony’s last all-in-one media player.

It will follow me when time comes...

9. DONTGIVEUP
    Would be nice if they brought out a limited software upgrade concentrating on the media player formats and a few WiFi app capabilities.

Richter Di likes this.
  10. purk Contributor
    The second I turn wifi on my ZX2 is stalling a bit. Without the wifi on, the player is just fine. However, I want to take the advantage of Tidal streaming on the ZX2.

11. Isloo
    If you haven't done so already, uninstall and delete the cache of all the apps you don't use. While I have a bit of lag on mine sometimes, it is relatively infrequent and perfectly manageable. I found using about half of the internal storage (which is 1.97GB) seems to keep things running smoothly. I'm not sure if this coincidence, but it works for me.

12. purk Contributor
    Thanks, I will try that. I have cleared catche before but I may have less internal storage than what you have. Back when I was using the Zx2 everyday, it was a little more responsive but since I have rarely used them now because of the 1Z...every bootup seem like a grind.

13. Richter Di
    I can fully relate to this. I am using Qobuz and not Tidal, but changing from one Playlist to another or even starting it can easily 30 seconds to one minute for one action.

I have deleted all apps I could delete. There is not much left on the ZX2. I even deleted the paid version of the Onkyo HF player just to make sure.

The bootup was in my experience always slow. I can not see much of a difference. I only wish I could give the ZX2 a faster CPU.

14. lipanz
    Hi,

New member here. Been using ZX2 for more than a year currently and I'm happy with it. I would to ask a question, do you have any recommended app for music player that can display only HR files just like Sony OS in other walkman where u can just tap on HR, it will display list of HR songs only.

15. kms108
    Hi you use hiby player, plays hi res, but out only low res.

First

Back
943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952
954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963
Next

Last