1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

SONY NW-ZX2 DAP

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Nov 16, 2014.
First

Back
922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931
933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942
Next

Last
  1. Richter Di
    MH01 any progress?

2. goody
    Has anyone got a zx2 to sell pm me

3. davidcotton
    Check the trade section here, saw a few the other day.

4. proedros

unless you want a dap able to tidal/spotify/etc , i suggest you spend a little more and get the wm1a

a definite upgrade , imho

Virtu Fortuna likes this.
  5. sete
    This has been asked before but I couldn’t find a definitive answer:

how do I store my Tidal downloads in the micro sd card?

In the app I only see the option for internal storage, and I can’t find a way to set the SD card as the destination in the device settings.

Any ideas?

Thanks

6. talan7
    anyone using the ZX2 with the ifi idsd black label? Are you getting the distortion issue where you have to unplug the headphone and turn off and on the idsd? Is there a fix for the distortion that keeps coming? Am I missing a driver or something for the ZX2?

7. Johbremat
    Posted the following on XDA Developers if anyone wants to stay in the loop (if there is a loop to be had):

Is anyone able to validate a successful root process yet? I'm seeing some recommendations that have been non-events for most.

Also, discovered http://oss.sony.net/Products/Linux/Audio/NW-ZX2.html today: unfamiliar with ROM development, would this content provide all that's necessary to build a ROM or is it missing things like hardware drivers?

Would love to Android 8.0 deployed to what is a fantastic device (and the last Sony are deploying with Android?).

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=74137173&postcount=17

8. reginalb

The SoC in the device is older, and the limiting factor. You will never see Android 8.0 supported, because the OMAP TI 4430 only has support up to Android 4.3

9. Gosod
    The power output is what's Zx2?

10. wirefriend
    15mW+15mW(JEITA 16Ω/mW )
    Seems low but drives my Audeze Sine portable planars well.

11. TooFrank
    Hi guys. Question about updating Tidal on NW-ZX2. Knowing that the Android will never be updated on this device, I am concerned for accepting updates to the Tidal app, fearing that someday this old android version is not supported anymore. I am currently running Tidal version 1.16.7.709.2. Any thoughts?

12. Paulus XII
    Hi everyone,

I'm from EU and am going to buy a ZX2 second hand from the uk. My question is: is there a way to disable the volume limiter? I had pretty frustrating experiences with previous SONY DAPs due to this. Not loud enough for me.

13. wirefriend
    I'm from EU and I have ZX2 without volume lock (US version) to sell. Please PM me if interested.

14. riotgrrl
    There is no way to disable the volume cap on EU models. I would strongly advise against buying a UK model if you have had previous issues with volume levels.

15. cfc7
    It seems there is a way though:

First

Back
922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931
933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942
Next

Last