SONY NW-ZX100
Jan 10, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #3,586 of 3,849
there's a special menu where tourists specify media go not to transfer duped songs. To access that menu you do right click drag and you reach the left panel for your Walkman and drop the songs there and select advanced

checj this http://www.head-fi.org/t/759006/sony-walkman-tips-and-tricks/15#post_11667871

Thanks. There are some really good tips in your thread.

Unfortunately, the tip above only works for me if the files already exist on the same drive. What I was hoping for was Media Go to recognise that an album I'm transferring to the SD card was already present on internal memory.

I suppose that's a limitation I can get used to.

Jan 11, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #3,587 of 3,849
http://www.sony.jp/walkman/products/STP-NWN30/

just ordered brand new official sony real leather neck strap from japan's yahoo auction via buyee, the fees and shipping was reasonable and it should arrive in a few days time

cost of strap 1300 yen
admin fee 600 yen
shipping 600 yen

my wife was in osaka for 2 days, she has a look, leather straps for mobile phone or walkmans was actually wasn't cheap at around 3000 yen

Jan 11, 2017 at 7:07 AM Post #3,588 of 3,849
Jan 11, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #3,589 of 3,849
  Just found info about this tool - tried and gave me error - went to rockbox irc channel and looks this is typo in source code so fixed software should be uploaded soon - then I'll try with my ZX100

EDIT:
Tried new version of tool (v5) and that's output:
C:\Users\Łukasz\Downloads\walkman>scsitool-nwz-v5.exe D: dest_tool get
Model: NW-ZX100
Series: NW-ZX100 Series
Destination: CEW2 (103)
Sound pressure: 1 (on)

Then I tried to uncapp it:
C:\Users\Łukasz\Downloads\walkman>scsitool-nwz-v5.exe D: dest_tool set CEW2 off

And checked if sound pressure is turned off:
C:\Users\Łukasz\Downloads\walkman>scsitool-nwz-v5.exe D: dest_tool get
Destination: CEW2 (103)
Sound pressure: 0 (off)

What can I say - it's different now - need to check with Sennheiser HD25-1 as they were struggling, but hear total difference on my cheap RHA headphones.
Please note that after using tool you need to reset player settings for modification to work!

CEW2 is capped!
You ´ll need to set Destination to E2 for Example.
THEN it ROCKS!!

Jan 16, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #3,590 of 3,849
I have noted this with my Z5

ZX100- Mostly Boomy bass, they struggled to shine at it's best 15mW per channel

WM1A - No boom and they scale well, have yet to try TRRS or BALANCED 60mW per cannel SE, 240mw per cannel on Blalance out

Would you say that the XBA-A3 sound better out of the ZX100 than the Z5?

Jan 22, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #3,593 of 3,849
Hi.

Can someone give a link with the valid wm-port audio out cable to connect ZX100 to Mojo ?

Is it true that the official digital out wm-port cable drain DAP battery very quick ? I've read that there is an alternative digitial out cable to connect to an external DAC/AMP 
that not drain the battery at al. Anyone can give me a link ?

And the last... where can I buy the rubber to join the ZX100 and Mojo.. I've searched a lot trought Ebay with no results.  
blink.gif

Thank you very much.

Jan 23, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #3,594 of 3,849
Hi.

Can someone give a link with the valid wm-port audio out cable to connect ZX100 to Mojo ?
It's not available in all territories, I had to order mine from overseas in the UK.

Is it true that the official digital out wm-port cable drain DAP battery very quick ?
Yes!! About 10 hours total with the mojo for me, very odd!!

I've read that there is an alternative digitial out cable to connect to an external DAC/AMP 
that not drain the battery at al. Anyone can give me a link ?

And the last... where can I buy the rubber to join the ZX100 and Mojo.. I've searched a lot trought Ebay with no results.  :blink:

Thank you very much.

Jan 23, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #3,597 of 3,849
Thanks for your advice, I actually read on Amazon Japan reviews and noted that there is a significant design fault as the adjustable plastic connecting clip and very weak /prone to damage

I got rid of the plastic clip, sewed the leather cord together, then got a old metal clip for a fabric belt, used this clip to strengthen the sewed/tired joint area

Furthermore, I replaced the regular lanyard string with plastic cored string for extra strength

Jan 24, 2017 at 6:39 AM Post #3,598 of 3,849
Whoa you should take a pic and show us :)

Actually it's not a default design. It's sad.... But it's meant for safety. In case somebody might grab it and pull it to rob you.... It won't break your neck or make you fall down.
I've been using it for 3 years, still strong as new, but for sure I feel safer when I attach the walkman A to it than ZX2 lol

Jan 24, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #3,599 of 3,849
Whoa you should take a pic and show us :)

Actually it's not a default design. It's sad.... But it's meant for safety. In case somebody might grab it and pull it to rob you.... It won't break your neck or make you fall down.
I've been using it for 3 years, still strong as new, but for sure I feel safer when I attach the walkman A to it than ZX2 lol

I think now with this modification, safe to use with heavy equipment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back