SONY NW-ZX100
Feb 15, 2016 at 11:02 AM Post #2,521 of 3,849
Go a few pages back, I had the same problem. If you use media-go it fixes it. 

I hear a lot of complaining about this DAP and the UI. Personally I love it. I hate touch screens and I don't want any other functionality to eat up battery life. When I'm out for a weekend I don't want to have to worry about how I'm going to charge my DAP. For ME, this DAP is just about perfect. Simple, great SQ, incredible battery life, and good amount of storage. (looking forward to a 256 micro SD though :)

Well i ensure my album art is always JPEG and baseline JPEG (won't work with progressive jpg or if te cover is not a jpg file)

As for Hobbes, i  have the 200GB microSD and for me is more than enough

check my thread called walkman tips and tricks

Feb 15, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #2,523 of 3,849

Yes, thanks for that thread! 

My experience wit walkmnas has been a smooth one until i got my X series back in 2009 and tats wen i realized the album art woes...

I am excited and waiting for my MDR-Z7's
beerchug.gif
 still in transit

Feb 15, 2016 at 1:35 PM Post #2,524 of 3,849
Who uses progressive JPEGs? That was used to speed up image loading times back in the day. I guess they are still around? Surprising.

Feb 15, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #2,525 of 3,849
  Who uses progressive JPEGs? That was used to speed up image loading times back in the day. I guess they are still around? Surprising.

some websites of some labels use progressive jpegs, i've come across this and aside from that i think wikipedia because they way hhow images look when loading

Feb 15, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #2,526 of 3,849
  Well i ensure my album art is always JPEG and baseline JPEG (won't work with progressive jpg or if te cover is not a jpg file)

As for Hobbes, i  have the 200GB microSD and for me is more than enough

check my thread called walkman tips and tricks

Thanks for the tip!

Album art not working properly will definitely drive me nuts!!!!

Feb 17, 2016 at 5:23 AM Post #2,527 of 3,849
I think it's more to with the amount of returns Sony US has, when their items are sold in brick stores.
With online purchases, many orders are not sent back and consumers are stuck with it esp. with international orders.
JVC does the same thing with their headphones. There's barely any of them available in the US market but Sony has more products to choose compared to JVC.
'

Interesting, could be.

Though in my opinion, I'd more likely believe that it's because Sony is extremely scared.

The products they've been launching for the last few years, all the execution for marketing and distribution has been extremely half hearted. They probably shifted their budget and manpower towards supporting the sales more mainstream products like smart phones. They're not doing well so I can't completely fault them, though they'd probably get better results if they were more aggressive and committed like the Koreans.

Anyway, thanks to all of you folks, it looks like I've set my eyes on the zx100. Will be hunting for deals in the next few weeks.

Thanks! (and no thanks too - wallet)

Feb 17, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #2,528 of 3,849
  I hear a lot of complaining about this DAP and the UI. Personally I love it. I hate touch screens and I don't want any other functionality to eat up battery life. When I'm out for a weekend I don't want to have to worry about how I'm going to charge my DAP. For ME, this DAP is just about perfect. Simple, great SQ, incredible battery life, and good amount of storage. (looking forward to a 256 micro SD though :)

Totally agree!!!  The ZX100 is an awesome DAP for what it is intended to be, a portable digital music player!  If I need media streaming I have smartphone, tablets and computers for that.

Feb 17, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #2,529 of 3,849

Totally agree!!!  The ZX100 is an awesome DAP for what it is intended to be, a portable digital music player!  If I need media streaming I have smartphone, tablets and computers for that.

I Like as it is a simple DAP, no frills... just a humble DAP wit GREAT SQ (everybody knows SQ matters most ere on head-fi. Ah and betteyr life
biggrin.gif
). I have a massibe Library 43,100+ tracks, 2570 album about 735GB... for 300GB of this player (115.4GB + 183.3GB sanDisk 200GB card) is more than enought listening time, about 5 or 6 month

Feb 17, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #2,530 of 3,849
So without reading many of the previous pages what does the zx100 offer that the a15 range does not?  My ipod touch is dying and rather than spend the money on getting it repaired I'm looking around for a new one.

Feb 17, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #2,531 of 3,849
  So without reading many of the previous pages what does the zx100 offer that the a15 range does not?  My ipod touch is dying and rather than spend the money on getting it repaired I'm looking around for a new one.

They are mostly te same, aside that ZX100 has better sound and more storage (inisde memory)

Feb 17, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #2,532 of 3,849
Has anyone tried using ZX 100 as digital transport? I have been meaning to try to connect it to my Cypher Labs -dB, but getting hold of the custom cable is a pain in the ass. I just want to see if there'll be any improvement in the sound so that i can plug it into my speakers at work place.

Feb 18, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #2,534 of 3,849
Aren't the mdr 1a phones 48 ohm? If so then 50 ohm would be no problem.
250ohm dt990s however are too quiet.

EDIT: MDR 1As are 24 ohm. So I don't know.

EDIT 2: just tried with my 62 ohm K702s and at full volume (30) it was 'loud enough' but you'd probably want some more headroom, especially in a loud environment like a plane. BTW I have the Australian version so I don't know if it's volume limited or not.

Feb 18, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #2,535 of 3,849
  do you guys think the X100 could handle a 50 ohm headphone? Im loloking at the MEE P1s but im worried that this DAP would be unable to drive them

The zx2 has the same output as zx100 and they say it can drive the Z7 which are 70 ohm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back