SONY NW-ZX100
Feb 14, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #2,510 of 3,849
Anyway, if you could get a good condition 2nd zx1 about 30% cheaper than a zx100, would any of you do it?

Or would you guys still get the zx100? Main focus on sound quality, android, battery life, extra storage not deal breakers, etc

Feb 14, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #2,511 of 3,849
Sony USA is simply a drag and a big disappointment.

Feb 14, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #2,513 of 3,849
Anyway, if you could get a good condition 2nd zx1 about 30% cheaper than a zx100, would any of you do it?

Or would you guys still get the zx100? Main focus on sound quality, android, battery life, extra storage not deal breakers, etc

Look I like the ZX100 because simpler UI, better battery-life and added bonus of expandable mSD storage​

Feb 14, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #2,515 of 3,849
I think it's more to with the amount of returns Sony US has, when their items are sold in brick stores.
With online purchases, many orders are not sent back and consumers are stuck with it esp. with international orders.
JVC does the same thing with their headphones. There's barely any of them available in the US market but Sony has more products to choose compared to JVC.
'
it's not sony us. it's the morons back at sony japan. sony's got a spectacular record of shooting themselves in the foot.

Feb 14, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #2,516 of 3,849
It's a choice u have to make with what u prefer.
Lack of touchscreen for a device released in 2015 is a shame at its selling price.
ZX1 price has come down considerable and has a speaker too.

Feb 14, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #2,517 of 3,849
  it's not sony us. it's the morons back at sony japan. sony's got a spectacular record of shooting themselves in the foot.

Why not?  I think Sony USA is still to blame here if they show a little more effort wanting to carry the product.  The ZX100 is selling in most major market but is absent here in North America.   No matter what they are thinking, they are still a disappointment.   
It's a choice u have to make with what u prefer.
Lack of touchscreen for a device released in 2015 is a shame at its selling price.
ZX1 price has come down considerable and has a speaker too.

I have the ZX1 still and continue to wonder about the ZX100.  The smaller size and super long battery as well as a supposedly better sound quality tick more boxes for me.

Feb 14, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #2,518 of 3,849
  Why not?  I think Sony USA is still to blame here if they show a little more effort wanting to carry the product.  The ZX100 is selling in most major market but is absent here in North America.   No matter what they are thinking, they are still a disappointment.   
I have the ZX1 still and continue to wonder about the ZX100.  The smaller size and super long battery as well as a supposedly better sound quality tick more boxes for me.

Are we sure that Sony USA has the option to carry it now, or even the ability to pressure Japan for it? Asking that, I do agree, it seems odd that such a large market can't get more attention. Could there be a glut of DAPs they really want to clear out through the US and Canada?

Feb 14, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #2,519 of 3,849
Finally able to fully burn in my zx100 to probably 130+ hours..... SQ is great and great pairing with the legendary MDR-EX1000. Really loving the sound and practicality of this setup.

Sorry can't give any comparisons as i actually retired and sold all my gear about 3 years ago.. But from memory this zx100 opened up the soundstage a lot as well as details.. A little like my hd800 setup before but with my ex1000 which i absolutely love.

However do have to warn potential buyers... It is a very very simple dap... No other functions just a dap... Which made me think its slightly overpriced.. I am paying just for the SQ and battery (i dont bother with dsd or BT functions)

However SQ alone is worth it.

I am still having problems with album art with some albums... Tagger didnt work either. :/

Feb 15, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #2,520 of 3,849
Finally able to fully burn in my zx100 to probably 130+ hours..... SQ is great and great pairing with the legendary MDR-EX1000. Really loving the sound and practicality of this setup.

Sorry can't give any comparisons as i actually retired and sold all my gear about 3 years ago.. But from memory this zx100 opened up the soundstage a lot as well as details.. A little like my hd800 setup before but with my ex1000 which i absolutely love.

However do have to warn potential buyers... It is a very very simple dap... No other functions just a dap... Which made me think its slightly overpriced.. I am paying just for the SQ and battery (i dont bother with dsd or BT functions)

However SQ alone is worth it.

I am still having problems with album art with some albums... Tagger didnt work either. :/

Go a few pages back, I had the same problem. If you use media-go it fixes it. 

I hear a lot of complaining about this DAP and the UI. Personally I love it. I hate touch screens and I don't want any other functionality to eat up battery life. When I'm out for a weekend I don't want to have to worry about how I'm going to charge my DAP. For ME, this DAP is just about perfect. Simple, great SQ, incredible battery life, and good amount of storage. (looking forward to a 256 micro SD though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back