SONY NW-ZX100
Feb 11, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #2,493 of 3,849
Would love that, but it doesn't have balanced out, and I am a fan of balanced connection
biggrin.gif

I'm guessing you re-terminated your Z7? 

Feb 12, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #2,498 of 3,849

Is nobody using a dockingstation with the ZX100?

Are there still docking stations for walkman? lol.

Even sony gave up I think. There was a period of time when they made walkman docks alongside apple ones, as separate products. naturally, few bought the walkman ones and they gave up.

What they should do, is make docking stations for apple, but make the connection detachable. then, ship all walkman with the wm-port attachment. That way - 

1. You save money by not making totally separate products.
2. You don't offend your loyal walkman buyers by making them pay for extra attachments or limited docking selections
3. Walkman users get an much better choice of docking stations.

Edit:

Ah. You guys were talking about the BCR-NWH10. But I guess my comments apply to walkman docking products in general.

re: BCR-NWH10, I wouldn't be surprised if it works with the xz100. only thing missing is the backing for the player to rest on. It *should* work, but Sony being sony, they *may* have made some compromises in the zx100, so you'll get less features than with the zx2 for example. the core features, like charging, pc transfer and line out should still be there.

Feb 12, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #2,499 of 3,849
  Are there still docking stations for walkman? lol.

Even sony gave up I think. There was a period of time when they made walkman docks alongside apple ones, as separate products. naturally, few bought the walkman ones and they gave up.

What they should do, is make docking stations for apple, but make the connection detachable. then, ship all walkman with the wm-port attachment. That way - 

1. You save money by not making totally separate products.
2. You don't offend your loyal walkman buyers by making them pay for extra attachments or limited docking selections
3. Walkman users get an much better choice of docking stations.

Edit:

Ah. You guys were talking about the BCR-NWH10. But I guess my comments apply to walkman docking products in general.

re: BCR-NWH10, I wouldn't be surprised if it works with the xz100. only thing missing is the backing for the player to rest on. It *should* work, but Sony being sony, they *may* have made some compromises in the zx100, so you'll get less features than with the zx2 for example. the core features, like charging, pc transfer and line out should still be there.

Nah, not apple again. We should all know by now that Hi-Res Walkman's are far superior than any Apple mass consumer "junk" 
beyersmile.png

Feb 12, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #2,501 of 3,849
Agree with @HiFiGuy528 ZX2 IMHO android's outdated, i know sony zx100 is old-school of late 90's erly 2000's but yeah i prefer the simpler intuitive ui than android tons of menus, apps, app-switch, i even get lost on my Kitkat android phone LOL

Feb 13, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #2,503 of 3,849
I have been on the fence with this player.

Currently I have a Cowon J3 and I am ready for an upgrade.

Do you guys think that the ZX100 will eventually be released in the US?

So strange that they are totally by-passing the US market with the new gen player (ZX100 and the NWA25 etc).

May be they are still trying to get rid of the older models? I was hoping to see a price drop on the older units but so far has not happened.

Wake up Sony-US, get us the new stuff !!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, now that I got that off my chest, I feel much better   :)

Enjoy your weekend!

Feb 13, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #2,504 of 3,849

So strange that they are totally by-passing the US market with the new gen player (ZX100 and the NWA25 etc).

May be they are still trying to get rid of the older models? I was hoping to see a price drop on the older units but so far has not happened.

Enjoy your weekend!

Seems like Sony want the Us to have single digit model Zx1, Zx2, Zx3....etc...? Zx3 is not here lol

Feb 13, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #2,505 of 3,849

Enjoy your weekend!

By my experience seems like no, that's why i Imported mine to mexico

Users who are viewing this thread

Back