SONY NW-ZX100
Feb 4, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #2,461 of 3,849
Yes I agree, but the removal of android, maybe is a test bed for a future ZX2 replement (perhpas with sony UI or a custom-build based on Android)?

Android is good, because it has many 3rd party app. Not sure how well Sony own app in it own native OS sound like...but on zx2 it sounds like a duck compare to Poweramp alpha. Ofcourse I would love to see new flagship...had been too long

Feb 4, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #2,462 of 3,849

Yes I agree, but the removal of android, maybe is a test bed for a future ZX2 replement (perhpas with sony UI or a custom-build based on Android)?

Android is good, because it has many 3rd party app. Not sure how well Sony own app in it own native OS sound like...but on zx2 it sounds like a duck compare to Poweramp alpha. Ofcourse I would love to see new flagship...had been too long

As far i know walkman division was spun-off so let's see what the future birng to the brand walkman, hope is not like VAIO

Feb 4, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #2,463 of 3,849
Interesting, because where I'm at, the ZX1 is just priced a little above the ZX100, presumably because of the touch screen and video capability.

Was thinking about android too, because I've got an walkman f, so I bought the poweramp app which I could use on the ZX1.

So it's same to presume that the ZX100's sound quality would be similar to the ZX1? But it's smaller isn't it, which means it has different components?

I could get a 2nd hand zx1 cheaper than a new zx100. that option intrigues me too. can't seem to find 2nd hand xz100's.

I've no qualms about getting a new xz1 instead of there is indeed a tangible difference in terms of sound quality between the 2 - that's the priority.

thoughts?

Feb 4, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #2,465 of 3,849
Feb 4, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #2,466 of 3,849
  Interesting, because where I'm at, the ZX1 is just priced a little above the ZX100, presumably because of the touch screen and video capability.

Was thinking about android too, because I've got an walkman f, so I bought the poweramp app which I could use on the ZX1.

So it's same to presume that the ZX100's sound quality would be similar to the ZX1? But it's smaller isn't it, which means it has different components?

I could get a 2nd hand zx1 cheaper than a new zx100. that option intrigues me too. can't seem to find 2nd hand xz100's.

I've no qualms about getting a new xz1 instead of there is indeed a tangible difference in terms of sound quality between the 2 - that's the priority.

I have a ZX100, yesterday listening to all Beethoevn symphonies in a row (Karajan Gold edition CDs) the 5th and 9th are my all time favorites what a nice dynamism and details, but the 6yh ymphony there is a passage where some clarinets play very pianissimo, i could heard them with my combo of XBA-A3---> ZX100

Feb 4, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #2,468 of 3,849
  I have a ZX100, yesterday listening to all Beethoevn symphonies in a row (Karajan Gold edition CDs) the 5th and 9th are my all time favorites what a nice dynamism and details, but the 6yh ymphony there is a passage where some clarinets play very pianissimo, i could heard them with my combo of XBA-A3---> ZX100

thanks for the heads up. any comparison with zx1?

Feb 4, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #2,469 of 3,849

thanks for the heads up. any comparison with zx1?

i don't and nver owned the ZX1, had a fiio x3 1s gen (wolfson DAC), iPod classic the latest 209 and the NWZ-A17

ZX100 --> NWZ-A17 --> FIIO X3 --> Ipod

Feb 4, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #2,471 of 3,849
Wow, interesting. I hope this means they can cut back on the weird Sony stuff... like add SD cards to the budget players
biggrin.gif

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2015-10-01/sony-spins-off-walkman-into-new-company

Feb 4, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #2,472 of 3,849
  Wow, interesting. I hope this means they can cut back on the weird Sony stuff... like add SD cards to the budget players
biggrin.gif

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2015-10-01/sony-spins-off-walkman-into-new-company

Quite feasuble as the budget players that use sony's own UI... same as ZX100, i think would be pointless to add a MicroSD slot to these sports W-series for obvious reasons (not watertight)

Feb 4, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #2,473 of 3,849

The division was taken aside from sony, given more independency, tranformed into a new company

Surely, the Walkman's will still be sold under the "Sony" brand.

This is exactly what Pioneer did to their DJ line. They gave PioneerDJ more autonomy, but they are still sold under the Pioneer corporation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back