SONY NW-ZX100
Jan 29, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #2,416 of 3,849
Do you seriously believe that? No DAP actually needs to cost more than 200 Dollars based on their components and the fact that not much R&D needs to be done for DAPs nowadays.
It's outdeveloped and with new models makers only are generating new nicesounding terms for existig technology.

Let it be 300 bucks so that makers can make nice profit.

It's just marketing for self-declared audiophiles who think that "more expensive" means "better".

DAPs are generating a profit which would cause any druglord having wet dreams. 

$200 is way too low. Realistically its like $400-500.

Why people spend 1k+ on an iPhone is beyond me.

Jan 29, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #2,417 of 3,849
Hi guys- I have what may be a very dumb question, so bear with me:

I have an amp coming for my home audio setup. (nothing fancy, but a couple steps up from a sound bar). 
The amp has a USB input. 

With the zx100 play through it using the USB cable? Or will I have to use the headphone jack?

Jan 29, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #2,418 of 3,849
Hi guys- I have what may be a very dumb question, so bear with me:

I have an amp coming for my home audio setup. (nothing fancy, but a couple steps up from a sound bar). 
The amp has a USB input. 

With the zx100 play through it using the USB cable? Or will I have to use the headphone jack?

Use headphone jack, unless u have digital out cables for zx100

Jan 29, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #2,422 of 3,849
  Thanks for the info!

Sony has their own WMC-NWH10 digital-out cable... its only sold in japan oficcially an dis very expensive too arround $40 USD as minimum and well drains abttery super duper fast

Jan 29, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #2,424 of 3,849
Bought new Music  both physical and Digital Download

Handel complete Harpsichord music 8 CD arriving on Feb 6 - Feb. 9
Locatelli Edition arriving on Mar. 2 Apr 1... #$%&!!!!!
The young vivaldi, Scheidt Tabulatura Novae Vol. 1 and 2 instant Gratification of digital Download
biggrin.gif

Jan 29, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #2,425 of 3,849
Not sure I could handel 8 discs worth of harpsichord music
cool.gif

Jan 29, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #2,426 of 3,849
  Not sure I could handel 8 discs worth of harpsichord music
cool.gif

And mre CDs are coming too ... this late... thnaks to mexican post handlers and customs officials ... a month to delive his christmas gift to me.... aside from CDs, lots of german things to eat. My German BF is disappointed with Mexican postage being toooooo sloooooooooow

I aready had 4 CDs of handel Harpsichord music from that set... "recycled music" Briliants repackaged the 8 Grand suites and added 4 more discs... at leats i will re-rip the Suites CDs as i had them as FLAC from my uni Lib.

Jan 29, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #2,427 of 3,849
$200 is way too low. Realistically its like $400-500.

Why people spend 1k+ on an iPhone is beyond me.

Even if we assume that the cost of a DAP is $200 as argued based on the components, it is a little naive to think that the difference between the retail price and this cost price is the actual net profits (or even gross profits) earned by the manufacturer.  The following are just some of the expenses which I can anticipate (I am no DAP manufacturer) :

1.  Cost of R&D;
2.  Cost of employees running the assembly/production lines;
3.  Cost of admin and support; 
4.  Cost of running the production lines (electricity, upgrade and fair wear and tear);
5.  Storage charges both at the factory/warehouse as well at warehouses all over the world where the stock is kept;
6.  Transport and shipment charges from the factory to the port and all the way to the retail shops;
7.  Warranty for the DAP;
8.  Cost of unsold stock (there is a minimum quantity for each production run and it is inconceivable that the manufacturer will be able to sell 100% of its stock at the end of the day);
9.  Cost and expense of running Sony Centres all around the world or ensuring that the Sony authorised dealers can earn sufficient profit after paying their own expenses;
10. Advertising & promotion (A&P) cost.

Clearly, adding 50% to the cost of the DAP will not be enough to even cover these expenses, much less generate "a profit which would cause any druglord having wet dreams".

As for your comment about iPhones, well... Apple is fortunate to have iSheep... fan boys who will pay almost anything for Apple products... NO OFFENCE intended... although I do not consider myself a fan boy, I do own iPads and a Mac (but not iPhones). Apple does make great products... 

Jan 29, 2016 at 9:09 PM Post #2,428 of 3,849
Tested this little baby today... and I was disappointed by the ergonomics...

Square buttons do not click frankly enough and both slim buttons above the square are way too small for big hands.
Clearly this is a stepback from the previous "non-tactile" Walkman series (NWZ-A/NWZ-E and the older ones).
The cache for the SD card was not even locking properly anymore.

I know it was a demo unit, but the built felt underwhelming compared with the NWZ-ZX2 and even the "baby" NWX-A15.

Jan 30, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #2,429 of 3,849
Even if we assume that the cost of a DAP is $200 as argued based on the components, it is a little naive to think that the difference between the retail price and this cost price is the actual net profits (or even gross profits) earned by the manufacturer.  The following are just some of the expenses which I can anticipate (I am no DAP manufacturer) :

1.  Cost of R&D;
2.  Cost of employees running the assembly/production lines;
3.  Cost of admin and support; 
4.  Cost of running the production lines (electricity, upgrade and fair wear and tear);
5.  Storage charges both at the factory/warehouse as well at warehouses all over the world where the stock is kept;
6.  Transport and shipment charges from the factory to the port and all the way to the retail shops;
7.  Warranty for the DAP;
8.  Cost of unsold stock (there is a minimum quantity for each production run and it is inconceivable that the manufacturer will be able to sell 100% of its stock at the end of the day);
9.  Cost and expense of running Sony Centres all around the world or ensuring that the Sony authorised dealers can earn sufficient profit after paying their own expenses;
10. Advertising & promotion (A&P) cost.

Clearly, adding 50% to the cost of the DAP will not be enough to even cover these expenses, much less generate "a profit which would cause any druglord having wet dreams".

As for your comment about iPhones, well... Apple is fortunate to have iSheep... fan boys who will pay almost anything for Apple products... NO OFFENCE intended... although I do not consider myself a fan boy, I do own iPads and a Mac (but not iPhones). Apple does make great products... 

Well said. And yeah, i can't complain about apple products either, they are user friendly and have nice build quality.

Jan 31, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #2,430 of 3,849

Users who are viewing this thread

Back