SONY NW-ZX100
Jan 22, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #2,371 of 3,849

Lol those accidents would only need to happen so many times before you can kill your hearing for goods
biggrin.gif

Yeah I had it happen twice before realizing it would be better to leave the knob unlocked...no option to cap volume setting either- plus the Jr.'s  UI can be quite laggy and the hardware pause button isn't always responsive, so if this happens the best action is to rip your headphones off. I've been mocked for complaining about laggy UI ('yeah but only sound quality is important' 'stop complaing, these aren't high-end cellphones' etc...), but something like this shows how important it can be if a device is set up a certain way- one thing Sony really gets right w/ the A10 at least (presumably zx100 too since it is same Walkman UI?).

yes, sony's classic UI is very responsive, only slightlty microlag when beginning to scroll but it last propably two seconds, rest of the ui is pretty responsive, volume acts fast and do play/pause button

Jan 22, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #2,372 of 3,849

yes, sony's classic UI is very responsive, only slightlty microlag when beginning to scroll but it last propably two seconds, rest of the ui is pretty responsive, volume acts fast and do play/pause button

+1

The UI and button response of the ZX100 far exceeds that of the FiiO X5II, AK Jr, and iBasso DX80; all of which I've used within the past 4-5 months.

I can't praise it enough.  The ZX100 is an awesome DAP; awesome SQ, great UI, and stellar battery life.

Jan 22, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #2,373 of 3,849
Can anyone provide a comparison with the F880 series in terms of sound quality? (F880 series apparently sounds identical the the ZX1 and so very similar to the ZX2?)

Would it be worth upgrading solely based on SQ? I really like the look of the build quality and the 70hrs (mp3) playback is really tempting over the 10 or so I get from my F886... but at AU$700 it'll be while away... hahaha

They are not even close.

Jan 22, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #2,375 of 3,849
  Guys i am selling my brothers brand new sealed ZX100 if anyone is interested

http://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/listing/edit/classified_id/106329/forum_id/6552

wrong link, it opens in EDIT MODE

Jan 23, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #2,376 of 3,849
Hello from Singapore! 
This is my first post here :) and I'm hoping you guys can help me out or provide suggestions.
I tried out the ZX100 in a store here and was blown away by the quality. 
I purchased it (and got the XBA 300AP) and all seemed okay.

Once I went home, I promptly updated to the new firmware (1.11) via the Sony website.

Unfortunately, I have been having problems with this specifically while browsing from the "hi-res" menu in the parent section.
Initially all seems fine but then the player (while browsing the "hi-res" menu starts freezing and ultimately restarts on its own. 

I thought this was a manufacturing defect and eventually got a one-on-one exchange.

After loading all my tracks again today, the same seems to happen again.

I am devastated as I love the sound-quality of this player but it's disappointing that it simply can't browse without the stutter-freeze-restart hell.

Initially I thought this could be a firmware issue and then went back to the old firmware without any results.

Any suggestions from you guys on what steps I should take now?

Has anyone of you experienced this before? 

I can only get a one-on-one replacement twice and this is already the second set that I've received.

I read on the forums somewhere that the NW-Axx players also have this problem.

Help! (gulp)

Jan 23, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #2,378 of 3,849
After a hiatus of 2 years, i purchased the zx100 just 2 days ago.... Didnt bother to demo it judging by your reviews and Sony's brand....

Sq is fantastic and gets better with the burn in and is very noticable!!! Nuff said it is awesome and trust it'll get better

However i read somewhere of the pitch black background... I can however hear a slight hiss. Especially when plugging in and switching from normal to HR materials... I use the legendary EX1000 so maybe its that...

Anyways ex1000 pairing is fantasticcccccccccccccccc............ cant describe it.. So happy with my purchase! Just wanna fast forward the burn in!

Jan 23, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #2,380 of 3,849
  wrong link, it opens in EDIT MODE

LOL... still for sale folks

http://www.head-fi.org/t/795648/sony-nw-zx100-walkman-hi-res-audio-mp3-player-128gb    

Jan 23, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #2,381 of 3,849
I'm sold, especially since I'm considering Sony MDR 1abt or a noble bts for Bluetooth. Have you used the Bluetooth at all? Does it have close to same sound?

Hi
I have the nw zx100 since two months. I have the Sony mdr abt. On Ldac mode the sound is awesome. But i've bought the oppo pm-3 associates with amp-Dac Oppo ha-2 : the sound is really really really amazing. You can hear everything on every style of music : bass/drums/piano/voices/saturate guitares : each part is clear!! I love it!!!

Jan 23, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #2,382 of 3,849
  Hello from Singapore! 
This is my first post here :) and I'm hoping you guys can help me out or provide suggestions.
I tried out the ZX100 in a store here and was blown away by the quality. 
I purchased it (and got the XBA 300AP) and all seemed okay.

Once I went home, I promptly updated to the new firmware (1.11) via the Sony website.

Unfortunately, I have been having problems with this specifically while browsing from the "hi-res" menu in the parent section.
Initially all seems fine but then the player (while browsing the "hi-res" menu starts freezing and ultimately restarts on its own. 

I thought this was a manufacturing defect and eventually got a one-on-one exchange.

After loading all my tracks again today, the same seems to happen again.

I am devastated as I love the sound-quality of this player but it's disappointing that it simply can't browse without the stutter-freeze-restart hell.

Initially I thought this could be a firmware issue and then went back to the old firmware without any results.

Any suggestions from you guys on what steps I should take now?

Has anyone of you experienced this before? 

I can only get a one-on-one replacement twice and this is already the second set that I've received.

I read on the forums somewhere that the NW-Axx players also have this problem.

Help! (gulp)

Miine doesn't have the problem, maybe ebcause i am usign a Sandisk microSD class 10 card  ​

Jan 23, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #2,384 of 3,849

I read some complaining in this thread that mp3 not gapless pass to the next number, apparently never heard here of a mp3 cutter? 
It works well, like if you are listening to gapless albums

For example, I use mp3DirectCut, works well and is easy to use 

http://www.techradar.com/downloads/mp3directcut

I think by using such programs like cutters, they would degrade the quality of an mp3 file worse, asumming the mp3Cutter reencodes the audio back to mp3 recompressing it again

Jan 24, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #2,385 of 3,849
Thanks
  1. gerelmx1986

So far I'm not using a MicroSD, this is more to do with internal memory.

After reading up a lot on forums, I've tried resizing the album art on my music (previously, it was a huge 1200x1200 or more and now I've reduced that to 500x500. This seems to partially solve the issue and the navigation is much faster. There is still an occasional freeze but not the hangs and restarts that I was facing earlier.

It seems to be ridiculous but this may just be the issue. I will update once I've resized all the album arts and loaded back onto the player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back