SONY NW-ZX100
Jan 21, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #2,359 of 3,849
nvm

Jan 22, 2016 at 3:24 AM Post #2,364 of 3,849
  Those other players keep following the AK-ish trend and wanted to expose the volume knob as it can be easily hit inside the bag / pants. 

AK Jr at least lets you lock the volume knob when the screen is off... though actually I prefer it unlocked- the volume steps are very very small so it won't make any sudden jumps- unlike when the screen is on, because  adjusting the volume knob also makes the screen turn into a volume adjustment overlay, and if you touch any part of it the volume will jump to that point. So if you have the knob locked and you want to adjust volume in your pocket, you turn screen on and adjust, and your hand accidentally touches the screen BOOOM 120 dB in your ears
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 22, 2016 at 3:46 AM Post #2,366 of 3,849
Lol those accidents would only need to happen so many times before you can kill your hearing for goods
biggrin.gif

Yeah I had it happen twice before realizing it would be better to leave the knob unlocked...no option to cap volume setting either- plus the Jr.'s  UI can be quite laggy and the hardware pause button isn't always responsive, so if this happens the best action is to rip your headphones off. I've been mocked for complaining about laggy UI ('yeah but only sound quality is important' 'stop complaing, these aren't high-end cellphones' etc...), but something like this shows how important it can be if a device is set up a certain way- one thing Sony really gets right w/ the A10 at least (presumably zx100 too since it is same Walkman UI?).

Jan 22, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #2,367 of 3,849
Can anyone provide a comparison with the F880 series in terms of sound quality? (F880 series apparently sounds identical the the ZX1 and so very similar to the ZX2?)
Would it be worth upgrading solely based on SQ? I really like the look of the build quality and the 70hrs (mp3) playback is really tempting over the 10 or so I get from my F886... but at AU$700 it'll be while away... hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back