SONY NW-ZX100
Jan 15, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #2,341 of 3,849
Wondering what is the mAh rating of the walkman battery? I have a small stick-shaped battery that ACCENTURE gave me when i was part of their mobility team (android dev)... it  is for half-carge cellphones (my xperia M2, charges to 50% before the accenture battery dies) but curiously the ZX100 was chraged almost compltely, didn't finish charging it due to going to sleep. But i remember my A10 was always charged to FULL

Jan 15, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #2,343 of 3,849
Do the buttons feel mushy with the case on or do you get a good "click" still?

No the buttons don't feel mushy. Probably a little dampened down but still feel the click. The volume button gets affected more though. The front feels just as clicky.

Another thing I found out is if u are using the case without lights on, u might end up pressing the wrong buttons initially. Found this out yesterday night while navigating the menu to select some songs b4 sleeping lol.

Jan 15, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #2,344 of 3,849
Are these an upgrade over the Fiio X3II? I love my X3II but I'm looking for something with better SQ and with a little bit of warmth to it. I'm planning on spending around $400 to $500 so the ZX100 is on my list. I have a pair of Sony Z7s so I thought it would sound good with a Sony player.

Jan 15, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #2,345 of 3,849
Are these an upgrade over the Fiio X3II? I love my X3II but I'm looking for something with better SQ and with a little bit of warmth to it. I'm planning on spending around $400 to $500 so the ZX100 is on my list. I have a pair of Sony Z7s so I thought it would sound good with a Sony player.

Big upgrade for sure

Jan 15, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #2,347 of 3,849
I'm considering zx100, dx80 (I loved dx90), or sticking with xduoo x3. Battery life and Bluetooth are bonuses of the sony, but 5x cost of xduoo. Xduoo and dx80 have same DAC chip, but dx80 is dual.

SQ is great

Jan 16, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #2,348 of 3,849
No the buttons don't feel mushy. Probably a little dampened down but still feel the click. The volume button gets affected more though. The front feels just as clicky.

Another thing I found out is if u are using the case without lights on, u might end up pressing the wrong buttons initially. Found this out yesterday night while navigating the menu to select some songs b4 sleeping lol.

Thanks!

Jan 16, 2016 at 5:46 PM Post #2,349 of 3,849

To my ears the ZX100 is much better DAP than the X5II (which I owned for almost 2 months) in SQ. The ZX100 has less background noise/hiss and better detail. I have not heard the X3II, but I would have to think the ZX100 would be a huge improvement since it is an improvement over the X5II.

I'm considering zx100, dx80 (I loved dx90), or sticking with xduoo x3. Battery life and Bluetooth are bonuses of the sony, but 5x cost of xduoo. Xduoo and dx80 have same DAC chip, but dx80 is dual.

This past year I set out to find the perfect DAP (for me). I purchased the Sony ZX2 earlier this year and it was by far the best (and most expensive) DAP I had ever owned. Sound quality and build quality was unlike anything I had previously experience; stellar! I was totally in awe of the ZX2, but unfortunately it was just too expensive for me to keep. I have since owned the AK Jr, FiiO X5II, iBasso DX80, and Lastly the Sony ZX100. The ZX100 has put me, again, in awe. The ZX100 does everything right for me and almost to the level of the ZX2. The ZX100 is the closest to come to the ZX2 of all the DAP's I've owned/used this year. The AK Jr had to narrow of soundstage. The X5II did not have enough detail. The DX80 had too much background noise and the build quality was horrible (I returned 2 to B&H Photo due to lack of build quality). Minus the ZX2, the ZX100 is the cleanest/darkest background compared to the other DAP's listed. It really is just a step behind the ZX2 (which has just a tab more detail and greater soundstage). The ZX100 just checked all the boxes for me in what I wanted in a DAP. Excellent SQ, capable of playing Hi-Res 24bit files, at least 200gb storage (done 128gb internal + 200gb microSDXC), great UI, and awesome battery. I'm tired of seeing these HI-Res DAP's get only 10 hours of battery life. The ZX100 got almost 50 hours of battery life in the 1st charge cycle listening to all FLAC files Imostly 16 bit and some 24 bit HI-Res) and I know the battery will only get better after a couple more charge cycles. And lastly the ZX100 is a pure music file player, which is what I wanted. The one thing the ZX2 had and thankfully the ZX100 doesn't is Android. Android added to much extra apps that I did not need and wasted battery. I just needed a DAP to play my music files. I did not need access to emails, other media files (such as video, etc), streaming services, etc. The ZX100 just fits my needs perfectly and has allowed me to end my search for a DAP at least for now, lol. But seriously, I'm totally happy with the ZX100 and have no need to look further. I would not hesitate to recommend this awesome device!!!

Jan 17, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #2,353 of 3,849
I'm sold, especially since I'm considering Sony MDR 1abt or a noble bts for Bluetooth. Have you used the Bluetooth at all? Does it have close to same sound?

If you're using Bluetooth with these, I'd just save the money and use the Bluetooth on your phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back