SONY NW-ZX100
Oct 5, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #632 of 3,849
  Has the ZX100 been officially released yet ?

biggrin.gif
 guess?

Oct 5, 2015 at 7:00 PM Post #634 of 3,849

Well Amazon in Europe don't have it in stock yet.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B013YIX9CK/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=06V5TAPV5DZR1EY8EZCQ&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=577049067&pf_rd_i=desktop

knowing that Sony have a volume cap on their EU players would you really want to purchase it there anyway? (even if it is local for you) you'd be better off getting this (link below) so long as the import taxes aren't too outrageous ( this ZX-100  will be from Hong Kong and so will have an English language menu, and more importantly no volume cap plus AccessoryJack offer the same warranty except you go through them instead of Sony and knowing Sony's reputation when it comes to customer service you're better off all around going this route imo.at any rate here is a link.
http://www.accessoryjack.com/sony-nw-zx100-128gb-ldac-high-resolution-audio-player-walkman-silver.html

Oct 5, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #635 of 3,849
knowing that Sony have a volume cap on their EU players would you really want to purchase it there anyway? (even if it is local for you) you'd be better off getting this (link below) so long as the import taxes aren't too outrageous ( this ZX-100  will be from Hong Kong and so will have an English language menu, and more importantly no volume cap plus AccessoryJack offer the same warranty except you go through them instead of Sony and knowing Sony's reputation when it comes to customer service you're better off all around going this route imo.at any rate here is a link.
http://www.accessoryjack.com/sony-nw-zx100-128gb-ldac-high-resolution-audio-player-walkman-silver.html

I was thinking of buying it on amazon.de and sent it to my BF's house but then i tought of the cap and said Oh nein! better with AJ to mexico

Oct 5, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #638 of 3,849
  The EU volume cap is real guys 
beyersmile.png
 ..dont even think about it.

if my H3's don't sell by the time i get my ZX100 i will do a three headphone comparison (XBA-H3, XBA-A3. MDR-1R) and two DAP-off (zx100 vs A17, i know it will be unfair because ZX would be not burned-in)

Oct 5, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #639 of 3,849

if my H3's don't sell by the time i get my ZX100 i will do a three headphone comparison (XBA-H3, XBA-A3. MDR-1R) and two DAP-off (zx100 vs A17, i know it will be unfair because ZX would be not burned-in)

Would have been better to compare A17 + HA2 with ZX100, knowing that ZX100 should be miles above A17 at their price points (but I could be wrong).

Hope u enjoy your ZX100 as it does look nice and the NC feature is something I'm interested as I would like to hear HIRes NC.

Oct 5, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #640 of 3,849
What is the rush to get the ZX100?

It isn't even widely available yet,  wait until it is in full distribution and then shop for the best price.   Accessory Jack shows Canadian price is $796.00 + 46.00 tax and shipping.   If I was interested I think I could wait a month until I can buy it hear and save what I am estimating would be around $100.00.  I would also be worried about warranty coverage as I don't know if Sony honors warranties for items purchased from other countries in Canada. You say warranty coverage is handled by Accessory Jack and not Sony.   That would worry me as I would be concerned about getting a fake ZX100 and you would have no recourse if you aren't happy with any repairs that were done on the player if needed.  Not to mention how long it would take for it to be shipped to say Hong Kong, get it fixed and then having it shipped it back.

If I buy mine in Canada I get access to local warranty service.  I don't know about Sony service in other countries but I have never had any problems getting my Sony products replaced or repaired in Canada.

There aren't any indepth reviews on the ZX100 yet and with any new product there is always the possibility of issues that need to be addressed.  

I find it interesting that the ZX1 is still listed for sale on Sony Canada site but not the Sony US site.

Oct 5, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #641 of 3,849
  Would have been better to compare A17 + HA2 with ZX100, knowing that ZX100 should be miles above A17 at their price points (but I could be wrong).

Hope u enjoy your ZX100 as it does look nice and the NC feature is something I'm interested as I would like to hear HIRes NC.

From what I have read Sony's Noise Cancelling is quite different and you would need Sony noise cancelling headphones to use it.   Personally I wouldn't want to be limited to having to use Sony headphones as I have never been overly impressed with them.

Oct 5, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #642 of 3,849

Yes me too and the NC looks interesting for this noisy office haha

Oct 5, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #643 of 3,849
The chance in getting a defective Sony is highly unlikely though possible. i understand your concern with warranty as it is an expensive product but if the player lasts the manufactures' warranty period (90 days) it should last you couple of more years once the warranty expires provided one is careful about falls and spills.
Right now I'm not planning in buying it. I dont like paying max. price knowing prices fall after 6-9 months (I can wait, just like I did with ZX1 and ZX2)

Quote:
  What is the rush to get the ZX100?

It isn't even widely available yet,  wait until it is in full distribution and then shop for the best price.   Accessory Jack shows Canadian price is $796.00 + 46.00 tax and shipping.   If I was interested I think I could wait a month until I can buy it hear and save what I am estimating would be around $100.00.  I would also be worried about warranty coverage as I don't know if Sony honors warranties for items purchased from other countries in Canada. You say warranty coverage is handled by Accessory Jack and not Sony.   That would worry me as I would be concerned about getting a fake ZX100 and you would have no recourse if you aren't happy with any repairs that were done on the player if needed.  Not to mention how long it would take for it to be shipped to say Hong Kong, get it fixed and then having it shipped it back.

If I buy mine in Canada I get access to local warranty service.  I don't know about Sony service in other countries but I have never had any problems getting my Sony products replaced or repaired in Canada.

There aren't any indepth reviews on the ZX100 yet and with any new product there is always the possibility of issues that need to be addressed.  

I find it interesting that the ZX1 is still listed for sale on Sony Canada site but not the Sony US site.

Some versions of the ZX100 come with a high rez noise cancelling iem. It was in an unboxing video posted earlier. I too am not impressed with the nc as there is a hiss which cancels the background noise to some extent but adds noise to the listening experience. Hope they rectified it as I am not sure what this Hi Res NC is capable of doing.

From what I have read Sony's Noise Cancelling is quite different and you would need Sony noise cancelling headphones to use it.   Personally I wouldn't want to be limited to having to use Sony headphones as I have never been overly impressed with them.

Oct 5, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #644 of 3,849
Their automatic NC shall have barking chihauhua herd and crying baby/tantrumical kid modes
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back