SONY NW-ZX100
Dec 10, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #1,996 of 3,849
wow that's a big price drop, but still near $700 at local shops here.

i think the deal breaker for this iem is its awkward design.. im using TF-10 and this A3 really look more bigger and more awkward to use in public
actually im still a bit 2 minded to buy the A3 because of the design, i do more prefer the Shure/Westone iem design. but if the TET sale-off comes
to near $250-270 i might get 1, but for the regular price NO, ill still stick with my TF-10 which i bought b-new for less than $120.
to me its about the sound not looks and much less what others think.

Dec 10, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #1,997 of 3,849

wow that's a big price drop, but still near $700 at local shops here.

i think the deal breaker for this iem is its awkward design.. im using TF-10 and this A3 really look more bigger and more awkward to use in public
actually im still a bit 2 minded to buy the A3 because of the design, i do more prefer the Shure/Westone iem design. but if the TET sale-off comes
to near $250-270 i might get 1, but for the regular price NO, ill still stick with my TF-10 which i bought b-new for less than $120.

Agree i prefr SQ than fit or looks, they do sound nice and fit a bit better than the XBA-H3 if not superb as i don't get disconformt. I may wait a bit to the price of the Z5 comes a bit more lower (real MSRP of A3 is $360 USD) i got them for 294USD and that was including the ship from japan

Dec 10, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #1,998 of 3,849

agree we buy HP/IEM because they sound good.
but you cannot deny the A3's design really look awkward... like a car side mirror
redface.gif

Dec 12, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #2,004 of 3,849
n Wish it had touch screen like the X-series in 2009 or at least touch buttons

I still have mine it's still in a mint condition I loved those touch buttons ..not a fan of the clicky buttons of the zx100

Dec 12, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #2,005 of 3,849
iBasso DX80 looks pretty awesome!

I just read an in depth review on the awesome new iBasso DX80 which is for sale on bhphotovideo.com and Amazon.com for alot less than the ZX100 on Amazon.  It has a 3.2 inch 480*800 IPS touch screen + manual controls.  Also, Dual DACs and dual microsd card slots, a lot more power (260 mW into 32 ohms), decent battery life at 11 to 13 hours. Spec and feature wise it matches very well with the ZX100, no Bluetooth but it can be used as amp or DAC.  I'm not in the market for another DAP at the moment as it is still out of my price range getting it to Canada, but down the road who knows. Especially since the ZX100 is so obscenely expensive for Canadians to get imported right now.

And as an added bonus both memory slots show up at the same time as separate drive letters when connected to a PC or MAC, something Sony is still incapable of doing for some unknown reason. 

If your still on the fence about upgrading to the ZX100 then you should definitely check it out.  If it sells well then it might force Sony to drop the price on the ZX100 as the DX80 is superior in a lot of areas, especially price.   I always thought Sony overpriced the ZX100 and comparing it to the DX80 I can confirm they did.  The DX80 is priced roughly half way between the ZX100 and A25HN on amazon.com

Dec 12, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #2,008 of 3,849
pls advise how you define "better"? There is no better or worse in nowadays DAPs. There is only "different

​I like My zx100 i feel the ZX1 is a bit bright for what i've read tho i dont have owned a zx1 so i cannort comment, maybe they are on the same level and the only bonus of zx100 is the SD slot and the non-android OS thus more battery life

Dec 13, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #2,009 of 3,849

agree we buy HP/IEM because they sound good.
but you cannot deny the A3's design really look awkward... like a car side mirror
redface.gif

I actually like the design of the A3. Definitely unique but has a cool edgy look to it. I buy audio equipment for mainly for the sound but also take into consideration design as a close 2nd.

http://bassaudio.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Sony-XBA-A3-1-Bass-Audio-Headphone-Store.jpg

But hey you may like lobster but I may prefer McDonalds :)
  iBasso DX80 looks pretty awesome!

I just read an in depth review on the awesome new iBasso DX80 which is for sale on bhphotovideo.com and Amazon.com for alot less than the ZX100 on Amazon.  It has a 3.2 inch 480*800 IPS touch screen + manual controls.  Also, Dual DACs and dual microsd card slots, a lot more power (260 mW into 32 ohms), decent battery life at 11 to 13 hours. Spec and feature wise it matches very well with the ZX100, no Bluetooth but it can be used as amp or DAC.  I'm not in the market for another DAP at the moment as it is still out of my price range getting it to Canada, but down the road who knows. Especially since the ZX100 is so obscenely expensive for Canadians to get imported right now.

And as an added bonus both memory slots show up at the same time as separate drive letters when connected to a PC or MAC, something Sony is still incapable of doing for some unknown reason. 

If your still on the fence about upgrading to the ZX100 then you should definitely check it out.  If it sells well then it might force Sony to drop the price on the ZX100 as the DX80 is superior in a lot of areas, especially price.   I always thought Sony overpriced the ZX100 and comparing it to the DX80 I can confirm they did.  The DX80 is priced roughly half way between the ZX100 and A25HN on amazon.com

You can't compare the DX80 on sale to the MSRP of the ZX100. The DX80 has been out for a while (electronics gets obsolete fast and depreciate) The MSRP for the DX80 was more expensive than the ZX100.

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #2,010 of 3,849
Yes agree with @cuiter23 on the A3 Vs Z5 is like saying A woman you know she is super charming but you say mmmmm... m..... i don't know if i shall date her because of that mole, come on!!!!

Give the girl (IEMs i meant :D) a chance

On the side note I like the design of the A3 very edgy as cuiter23 says and i would evalute more closely 1) SQ,  2) Fitting and comfort and lastly 3) Looks... the first two points are met on the A3 at least for me (tho lately i've experienced a bit of an itchy canal with the sony tips, i think the tips need cleaning)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back