SONY NW-ZX100
Dec 10, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #1,981 of 3,849
Then it's all good for you, in my humble opinion. Your CFO (wifey) will need you to submit a justification and procurement report before your budget deliberation
smily_headphones1.gif
And yes, spending a grand isn't a joke. I don't have A CFO (yet) so that's why the budget coffers aka savings are not increasing at all
frown.gif

well it became the opposite in me, after getting married last year i start buying more audio things, my wife dont say "NO" i just need to show her some online reviews that
this headphone/iem/dap really sounds good according to the reviews, and good thing its cheaper here in VN compared to PH local price thats why i can easily convinced her
biggrin.gif

I have Vivaldi AND Psy's Gangman Style in my Playlist
smily_headphones1.gif

By the way, the Sony xba A3 and Nw zx100 is a really nice combo when I heard it at the local Sony shop. The low frequency is really engaging! The A3 is a much better purchase for the money than the Z5, IMHO.

for the price i can say YES, almost the same sound signature and i do more like the more extended high of the A3. while the Z5 can sounds more refine and can sounds more balanced
but from the comments and recommendations it really needs an amp to shine. im just waiting for some TET holidays discount and i might get an A3

Dec 10, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #1,982 of 3,849
Better, definitely, and refined. But if I'm saving big bucks, I will definitely pick the A3.
Good choice I have the A3 and H3 and 90 EX and Z5.

Dec 10, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #1,983 of 3,849
well it became the opposite in me, after getting married last year i start buying more audio things, my wife dont say "NO" i just need to show her some online reviews that
this headphone/iem/dap really sounds good according to the reviews, and good thing its cheaper here in VN compared to PH local price thats why i can easily convinced her
biggrin.gif

LOL i do the same for me i read reviews that justify the purchase and try to imagine the sound before buying, and proves to be good so far A17, ZX100 and XBA-A3... my XBA-H3 were impulsive shopping and didnt like them so much

Dec 10, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #1,984 of 3,849
Selling my Sony NW ZX100 Dap. Reason is cause I am not using it much and I want to buy an iem instead. It has less than 75 hrs of use. In perfect condition. Will ship it to you (DHL) total $495.

Hell good price!!! mine costed 600 USD

i tried the A3 with my Zx100, some Gangnam Style and Gentleman by PSY sounds good! try it!
biggrin.gif

I have Vivaldi AND Psy's Gangman Style in my Playlist
smily_headphones1.gif

By the way, the Sony xba A3 and Nw zx100 is a really nice combo when I heard it at the local Sony shop. The low frequency is really engaging! The A3 is a much better purchase for the money than the Z5, IMHO.

what a contrasting genres LOL, my dad is beatles fan and roc of his times 60-70's and i am classical only
biggrin.gif
, my mom is a 60-80's pop music fan and my sister today's music and a bit of everything

But the Z5 sounds a bit more refine.

Better, definitely, and refined. But if I'm saving big bucks, I will definitely pick the A3.

What i did, decided to save some bucks and i like my A3 better than the H3, they do sound good for the MSRP of 360 USD (i paid 294 USD)

Dec 10, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #1,985 of 3,849
  LOL i do the same for me i read reviews that justify the purchase and try to imagine the sound before buying, and proves to be good so far A17, ZX100 and XBA-A3... my XBA-H3 were impulsive shopping and didnt like them so much

that's a bit hard to do, buying items without trying them 1st.. i will try the unit 1st then i will buy if i like it. and i like the A3 + ZX100
cool.gif

what a contrasting genres LOL, my dad is beatles fan and roc of his times 60-70's and i am classical only
biggrin.gif
, my mom is a 60-80's pop music fan and my sister today's music and a bit of everything

im also a bit classic guy, 70's 80's 90's and some new/modern songs.
but i do more prefer the classic 70-80's , Abba, El Debarge , Air Supply , America , Queen , Scorpions, Eagles , Carpenters and much more

Dec 10, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #1,986 of 3,849
  im also a bit classic guy, 70's 80's 90's and some new/modern songs.
but i do more prefer the classic 70-80's , Abba, El Debarge , Air Supply , America , Queen , Scorpions, Eagles , Carpenters and much more

Ditto with the classics. As the years have gone by music has gotten worse and too many use electronic sounds rather than real instruments IMO. I prefer the old days of seeing a band on a stage. There are still a few good ones about but rare.

I have had the ZX100 for about a month or so now and love it. I am sure it sounds better as time goes by.  :)

Dec 10, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #1,990 of 3,849

The Z5 is definitely the better sounding headphone but man the A3's gotta be the deal of the century. I even think the Z5's are a steal for what they cost MSRP.

Dec 10, 2015 at 8:02 PM Post #1,991 of 3,849

Ditto with the classics. As the years have gone by music has gotten worse and too many use electronic sounds rather than real instruments IMO. I prefer the old days of seeing a band on a stage. There are still a few good ones about but rare.

I have had the ZX100 for about a month or so now and love it. I am sure it sounds better as time goes by.  :)

True, too much digital sound and too much digitally processed vocal. * even those DJs today using laptop and one even canceled the event
because HE lost his usb drive. LOL! this one is the best :

SCORPION addict here.

i always love to listen : Humanity
beerchug.gif

The Z5 is definitely the better sounding headphone but man the A3's gotta be the deal of the century. I even think the Z5's are a steal for what they cost MSRP.

too expensive IMO almost $700, while the A3 is half the price and almost the same SQ and doesn't need amp to shine

Dec 10, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #1,992 of 3,849
heishiro said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif  

too expensive IMO almost $700, while the A3 is half the price and almost the same SQ and doesn't need amp to shine

I agree with this, maybe the other $350 come from the Magnesium alloy casing process, don't know if it's easy to manufacture such a small metallic enclosure, I know CNC's do exists but these must be of ultrahigh precision drills etc

Dec 10, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #1,993 of 3,849
I agree with this, maybe the other $350 come from the Magnesium alloy casing process, don't know if it's easy to manufacture such a small metallic enclosure, I know CNC's do exists but these must be of ultrahigh precision drills etc
Five different sites has the Z5 going for $549.

Dec 10, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #1,994 of 3,849

Looks like the MSRP dropped by $150. That's insane. Unfortunately its still $700 here in Canada.

The magnesium is to enhance the SQ. Magnesium vibrates a lot less than standard plastic or other alloys. Plus they are made in Japan so that alone brings up the price.

True, too much digital sound and too much digitally processed vocal. * even those DJs today using laptop and one even canceled the event
because HE lost his usb drive. LOL! this one is the best :

i always love to listen : Humanity
beerchug.gif

Well fwiw, I prefer the Z5 over the JH16fp, Roxannes, 4C as well as some other high end CIEMs that cost double the Z5. The A3 IMHO sounds better than most CIEMs I've heard as well. I wouldn't be surprised if the A3 MSRP was $700.

Dec 10, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #1,995 of 3,849

wow that's a big price drop, but still near $700 at local shops here.

The A3 IMHO sounds better than most CIEMs I've heard as well. I wouldn't be surprised if the A3 MSRP was $700.

i think the deal breaker for this iem is its awkward design.. im using TF-10 and this A3 really look more bigger and more awkward to use in public
actually im still a bit 2 minded to buy the A3 because of the design, i do more prefer the Shure/Westone iem design. but if the TET sale-off comes
to near $250-270 i might get 1, but for the regular price NO, ill still stick with my TF-10 which i bought b-new for less than $120.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back