SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 23, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #45,541 of 45,723
I don't own the 1Z, but I'm fairly certain that a WM1A with CHAMELEON 2.0, switched to 1Z, sounds the closest possible to the actual 1Z, minus the hardware differences.

The soundstage is indeed wide. It's wider than the WM1A, and also wider than the FiiO M11 PRO. The FiiO DAP is the only other player I owned.

My opinion is that these players have their own way of presenting the music. I say this because the WM1Z doesn't have that soundstage just because of the different components. So it's obvious that Sony tuned these players differently.

For example, I like soundstage. I don't want the sound to be as technically accurate as possible, I just want to hear something I like, so WM1Z would be a nice player to own. Luckily, WM1A can come very close to that, and I don't feel like I need to buy the WM1Z. I was considering it at some point, some months ago, but not anymore.

In the end it should be about experimentation and finding out what you like. Reviews can help you get an idea about a certain product, but in the end it's your experimentation with it that will lead you to a conclusion.

By the way, I get that we like these players so much, and we may feel aggressive when someone may seem like trying to say something bad about them. Don't hesitate to ask questions if you have any. :)

Sep 23, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #45,542 of 45,723
This is what I'm trying to avoid. If the source is full of crap, rather than throwing dirt at the author, I would prefer you guys to provide personal opinions on the statement base on your experience on the said DAP. ✌🏼

The best reviews have you kind of know they are telling the truth. They will go around some of the bad points but in a way that doesn't have to be critical to get the reality across. So..........they may have keyed into some aspects that you can relate to. Then you know it's true because they are taking about concepts that you already understand. They will describe some stuff that makes you curious. Reviews should simply generate curiosity. Then on the demo you find if there is anything they missed or find out there are descriptions which may not coincide with your understanding of the IEM. Reviews can be misleading, especially if they are simply to generate advertising or ARE advertising. But I know of a reviewer which loves this $200 IEM and has talked about it often. I may have a different idea about the same IEM. At that point I realize that they simply value a different sound signature than I. They are sincere but have different taste.

A demo will tell you what was correct for you about the review. But hopefully the reviewer made you emotional to the point of getting into the demo seat. That's their job; to get people to try stuff by correctly conveying concepts and ideas.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2020 at 9:53 AM Post #45,543 of 45,723
I'm also using Windows Defender, but the fact that it just "detects" something that it isn't, it's not a sign of the best antivirus.

Standalone AV scanners such as Emsisoft Emergency Repair Kit and Kaspersky KVRT don't detect. Both are standalone on demand tools with no impact to the system. making them an ideal backup to MS Defender.

Q-6

Sep 23, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #45,545 of 45,723
Well, feel free to do what you want to do with that.

They are just some files, packed together with WinRAR - a self-extracting archive.

Maybe for those AV programs it's suspicious that there is a small .exe file with a .bat script inside, I have no idea.

For anyone, feel free to bring it up in the future if you wish, but I won't try to explain it anymore. Maybe once there is a separate thread for all these firmware mods, there will also be a frequently asked questions section, where I'll mention it.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #45,546 of 45,723
EEK still detect, shows Model Switcher v3.0.exe as Malware :hammer:

Also detects Rockbox V25, it's related to how the original files are manipulated, this is why I recommend both. You can also link MS Sysinternals Process Explorer to the Virus Total database for real-time evaluation, where hash's and or files are reviewed by over 70 AV engines.

Q-6

Sep 23, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #45,547 of 45,723
Well, feel free to do what you want to do with that.
They are just some files, packed together with WinRAR - a self-extracting archive.
Maybe for those AV programs it's suspicious that there is a small .exe file with a .bat script inside, I have no idea.
For anyone, feel free to bring it up in the future if you wish, but I won't try to explain it anymore. Maybe once there is a separate thread for all these firmware mods, there will also be a frequently asked questions section, where I'll mention it.
I'm not afraid of false virus communiques - some AV programs false recognising even custom ROMs for Androd phones.

Sep 23, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #45,548 of 45,723
I'm not afraid of false virus communiques - some AV programs false recognising even custom ROMs for Androd phones.

Well, I didn't know this.

I'm just "afraid" that someone will think I'm trying to spread viruses in the people's computers. :)

Sep 23, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #45,549 of 45,723

I'm just "afraid" that someone will think I'm trying to spread viruses in the people's computers. :)

Your spreading life-changing perfection. Cheers!

Sep 23, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #45,551 of 45,723

Indeed you’re definitely spreading something here. Its a poison. It’s musical bliss and enjoyment. Way better than any virus or malware false positives out there.

Sep 23, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #45,552 of 45,723
Sep 23, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #45,553 of 45,723
Sep 23, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #45,555 of 45,723

I can confirm windows deffender is in fact a virus released by microsoft wich will false detect all kinds of files even good ones as viruses and more over if you let it will delete usefull file sfrom your computer and will not let you recover them so beware of windows so called deffender its in fact a very dangerous program...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back