SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2020 at 2:53 AM Post #37,336 of 45,723
I think most people in our daily life also regard us as suckers, or even idiots. Who will spend that much to buy a wm1a? Don't we have cellphones + streaming?
Such "sucker" sequence can go on and on.

Last edited:
May 12, 2020 at 2:53 AM Post #37,337 of 45,723
Agree with everything except it's not a few percentage gain with Romi mod. If so few i wouldn't justify to pay them either. I can be biased, but like @lumdicks said, it's worth every penny to me.
Agree. Was musing what will happen if I tell my missus her designers handbags are for suckers...:thinking:

May 12, 2020 at 3:08 AM Post #37,340 of 45,723
Please read my post carefully guys. I mentioned that the price is insane. I never once implied that the intention or cause for upgrade is insane. It’s 2 different meanings altogether.

May 12, 2020 at 3:14 AM Post #37,342 of 45,723
Please read my post carefully guys. I mentioned that the price is insane. I never once implied that the intention or cause for upgrade is insane. It’s 2 different meanings altogether.

Well if somebody thinks what they get is worth the price paid then the price is not insane. I have no idea how much work is involved in performing the mod or what the parts involved cost so can’t comment on what the mark up is

May 12, 2020 at 3:24 AM Post #37,343 of 45,723
I have been "suckered" countless times since I started this hobby. Dun think I have regretted it as I learn something new every single time.

I personally do not feel that the price Romi charges is insane. You can't just take into account the cost of goods. He had prob put in a lot of time and effort on R&D, destroyed more than a handful of boards along the way and it's not always possible to just put in down to pure dollars and cents.The joy experienced by some members who went ahead with the mods is worth more that what he charges and prob priceless. Money can't buy everything and in this case, I consider ourselves lucky to have the option to pay to acquire a certain level of audiophile experience. It's always good to have options in life and it boils down to individual needs and preferences.

May 12, 2020 at 3:28 AM Post #37,345 of 45,723
I have been "suckered" countless times since I started this hobby. Dun think I have regretted it as I learn something new every single time.

I personally do not feel that the price Romi charges is insane. You can't just take into account the cost of goods. He had prob put in a lot of time and effort on R&D, destroyed more than a handful of boards along the way and it's not always possible to just put in down to pure dollars and cents.The joy experienced by some members who went ahead with the mods is worth more that what he charges and prob priceless. Money can't buy everything and in this case, I consider ourselves lucky to have the option to pay to acquire a certain level of audiophile experience. It's always good to have options in life and it boils down to individual needs and preferences.
Sure. I respect your opinion. To each his own. Like I said I don’t see the value in spending that amount of cash for it.

May 12, 2020 at 3:36 AM Post #37,346 of 45,723
Lol. I am not that suicidal, yet. Being in a lockdown now cooped up at home, this is a recipe for disaster.
Ohoho, you never know till you try; I think you should try your luck, you look like quite a lucky guy..(Evil Laugh hahaha)

Last edited:
May 12, 2020 at 3:41 AM Post #37,348 of 45,723
Sure. I respect your opinion. To each his own. Like I said I don’t see the value in spending that amount of cash for it.

100% agree on to each his own and I respect your opinion on the value of the mods. As I've highlighted previously, most 1A/1Z owners will be more than satisfied with what the stock players+modded FW can give them. But there are also this small population of us who have an insatiable appetite for better SQ and who are willing to DIY or pay for modding services (like me). I envy the folks in the first group but at the same time happy that I crossed over to the darker side. :sweat_smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back