SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2020 at 4:25 AM Post #33,062 of 45,723
I installed 1.03 as soon as I got my TA. Never even thought of rolling back the firmware. I’ll give it a go

Ok, this is something I can confidently confirm right away. I just remembered that my qdc Anole V3 was an IEM that somehow fully exploited the TA darkness, to the point that it was the only IEM in my collection which I could not use with the TA.

The qdc Anole V3 now goes well with the TA.

1.03 makes the Sony TA-ZH1ES brighter. They changed the TA sound with the new update. Strangely the TA sounds a little like the 1Z, now that it’s been treble boosted. :)

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2020 at 4:28 AM Post #33,063 of 45,723
You should make more and receive some kind of donation for them. Your sound preference really hit my alley
I can understand why many people are attracted to U1.02, it's V shape which brings out details and bass more but for me, I care about the tonal balance and the mid
In the next coming days, you will see some more versions. It is finalized, polished to take things beyond what is already there. There will be differences when you drive Headphones VS in ears buds. With these finalized FW, walkman will be able to drive headphones, even HD800S will be able to enjoy the sound performances

Walkman will be unleashed

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2020 at 4:58 AM Post #33,064 of 45,723
In the next coming days, you will see some more versions. It is finalized, polished to take things beyond what is already there. There will be differences when you drive Headphones VS in ears buds. With these finalized FW, walkman will be able to drive headphones, even HD800S will be able to enjoy the sound performances

That's good news; really enjoying your Musical FW - definitely the best synergy with my set-up and would be keen to see how this can expand to headphones, not least ZMF.

Mar 2, 2020 at 5:01 AM Post #33,065 of 45,723

Meaning walkman could get louder will be able to deliver as such?

Mar 2, 2020 at 5:03 AM Post #33,066 of 45,723

OUTSTANDING!! The work you and Morbideath have done and so generously shared with the community has been exceptional so far. Like many, I am really looking forward to hearing what you produce next. I am perhaps not as voracious a listener as many here, I am using a WM1A with CIEMs from a Vietnam builder (NCM Bella V2), but even as a casual user, have greatly enjoyed the improvements from these FW releases.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2020 at 5:14 AM Post #33,067 of 45,723

I know your busy and this is off topic, but do you have on a computer........

TA-ZH1ES firmware update 1.01

Two of us have updated to 1.03 and are wondering if the TA actually rolls back? Also is there a 1.02 too?

Mar 2, 2020 at 6:08 AM Post #33,069 of 45,723

How is this possible? I look forward to it.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2020 at 6:19 AM Post #33,071 of 45,723
Because I have ear problems - because of IEMs ...
What kind of headphones can be powered by wm1a and sound really good?

regards,
Simon
I find the Beyer T5p 2nd gen and ATH-MSR7b sound really good with the WM1A without the need for an external amp (both also sounding very good in direct mode). I also find the Beyer DT1990 Pro sound very good when paired with an ALO CV5 amp on the WM1A.

Mar 2, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #33,075 of 45,723
Me to I liked it alot its my second favorite headphone after trio! Third is M9 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back