SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #33,091 of 45,723
I use a European WM1A, I could try all firmwares (after modifying the SWUpdate.xml when needed to be able to update) .. I don't have any errors just, the update is really fast after more or less 50% and goes to 100% instantly .. I also changed to J and passed all firmware again.
I don't feel any real difference in the sound with all firmwares... I am using a Z7MKII and a Ultrasone ed 15 Veritas both connected in balance mode.
Is it concerned with the European version ?
Could somebody get any noticeable improvement with european WM1A ?

Mar 2, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #33,092 of 45,723
I use a European WM1A, I could try all firmwares (after modifying the SWUpdate.xml when needed to be able to update) .. I don't have any errors just, the update is really fast after more or less 50% and goes to 100% instantly .. I also changed to J and passed all firmware again.
I don't feel any real difference in the sound with all firmwares... I am using a Z7MKII and a Ultrasone ed 15 Veritas both connected in balance mode.
Is it concerned with the European version ?
Could somebody get any noticeable improvement with european WM1A ?

I’m on EU WM1Z changed to J. I never heard major differences between any of the stock fw but I hear fairly noticable differences with these modded fw, some for the better and some for the worse. I use IER-Z1Rbalanced

Mar 2, 2020 at 4:41 PM Post #33,093 of 45,723
Guys I was playing with regions and stock fw.
I found that region E has 1 bad ass bass tuning its not like J or U its really visceral and tight it has a rumbly punch really nice and fun bass.

Treble is a little more energetic but very good overall!

The U is United States that one is one hell smoothe tuning so delicate I feel like I want to sleep lol

The J is Japan one very airy and open very soundstage oriented. Also very natural and realistic upper frequency have a different feel nothing like others did

Mar 2, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #33,094 of 45,723
Oh wow I was doing further more tests around and found Canadian region.

What a good balance between good bass and treble. Treble is not too sharp just spot on !
And bass is well controlled really juicy.

I feel like the Canadian CA version is one of the best.
It has the best balance between all frequency...

Try its CA

Mar 2, 2020 at 6:45 PM Post #33,095 of 45,723
Oh wow I was doing further more tests around and found Canadian region.

What a good balance between good bass and treble. Treble is not too sharp just spot on !
And bass is well controlled really juicy.

I feel like the Canadian CA version is one of the best.
It has the best balance between all frequency...

Try its CA

Gonna give it a try. I assume the code to use is 'CA' and what firmware did you use? Stock 3.02?

thanks

Mar 2, 2020 at 6:51 PM Post #33,096 of 45,723
Gonna give it a try. I assume the code to use is 'CA' and what firmware did you use? Stock 3.02?

thanks

Yes I decided to give a precise run on just Fw with stock.

I am blown away by the CA.
It has such deep amazing bass, one like in the clubs. Big tight and big bounce ) the decay is so unique crazy.

Vocals and soundstage with imaging are as impressive and holographic like in dmp1.02 fw!

Treble is really appealing not overly sharp just so perfect.

I really like it.

Absolutely a must try . Region code is CA

If @Whitigir and @Morbideath could give the CA region a listen and rework a new fw to push this one to a new lvl that would probably be the best sound ever.

I am immensely impressed with CA just wow + stock 3.02 fw

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #33,097 of 45,723
Ooohhh Yes

The CA + this :metal: :muscle: :scream_cat:

Mar 2, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #33,098 of 45,723

It has such deep amazing bass, one like in the clubs. Big tight and big bounce ) the decay is so unique crazy.

Vocals and soundstage with imaging are as impressive and holographic like in dmp1.02 fw!

I really like it.

If @Whitigir and @Morbideath could give the CA region a listen and rework a new fw to push this one to a new lvl that would probably be the best sound ever.

We know far a long that each region has slight change to the signatures. We have done all we could to break all the limits. You will all see new improved firmwares that were finalized by all of our subjective findings. There is absolutely nothing further that can be done.

Tuning is a nightmare, and together with subjective matters is hell....imagine that...now top that of with coding that can easily be mistaken and errors from within.

in the end, it took us many days and nights with sleepless nights and unrest hours to keep the projects going. We have achieved it to the absolute that we could. There will be different Tier of firmware and the higher is the more aggressive tuning....also regional Locked to squeeze out the absolute extreme performances.
Now, if we can say something here, your “Hardware” will play a bigger role, the better the hardware upgrades, the better the performances. You can ask @hshock76 as he has all stock and modified Walkman player

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #33,099 of 45,723
We know far a long that each region has slight change to the signatures. We have done all we could to break all the limits. You will all see new improved firmwares that were finalized by all of our subjective findings. There is absolutely nothing further that can be done.

Tuning is a nightmare, and together with subjective matters is hell....imagine that...now top that of with coding that can easily be mistaken and errors from within.

in the end, it took us many days and nights with sleepless nights and unrest hours to keep the projects going. We have achieved it to the absolute that we could. There will be different Tier of firmware and the higher is the more aggressive tuning....also regional Locked to squeeze out the absolute extreme performances.
Now, if we can say something here, your “Hardware” will play a bigger role, the better the hardware upgrades, the better the performances. You can ask @hshock76 as he has all stock and modified Walkman player

I have been helping @Whitigir beta test his Extreme Fidelity codes the last couple of days. It was non-stop listening and testing and each code got better and better to the point that we both had exactly the same conclusions with the latest release....

All I wanna say is that if you think that you are experiencing TOTL level with the stock player and the new codes, it is no where near the peak of what you can experience with the EF codes + a well modded player. I can describe the experience with just one word........ "REALISM". Ultimate TOTL is when you experience a real person singing right in front of you or you feel that you are personally there in person in a orchestral or jazz performance. The EF codes need a modded player to reap the benefits of what it can truly achieve; mainly in the resolution and fidelity areas.

I have not been able to put my player down for the last 3 days.....

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2020 at 8:04 PM Post #33,100 of 45,723
I have been helping @Whitigir beta test his Extreme Fidelity codes the last couple of days. It was non-stop listening and testing and each code got better and better to the point that we both had exactly the same conclusions with the latest release....

All I wanna say is that if you think you think that you are experiencing TOTL level with the stock player and the new codes, it is no where near the peak of what you can experience with the EF codes + a well modded player. I can describe the experience with just one word........ "REALISM". Ultimate TOTL is when you experience a real person singing right in front of you or you think that you are personally there in person in a orchestral or jazz performance. The EF codes need a modded player to reap the benefits of what it achieve; mainly in the resolution and fidelity areas.

I have not been able to put my player down for the last 3 days.....
last night I was trying my Extreme Fun version with Quad master of Pink Floyd WYWH. For several times it almost threw me off my bed with the ultra holographic realism.
Oh, not to mention the thunderous dynamics and the physical body

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #33,101 of 45,723
last night I was trying my Extreme Fun version with Squad master of Pink Floyd WYWH. For several times it almost threw me off my bed with the ultra holographic realism.
don’t forget the thunderous dynamics and the physical body

There are just too many positives that I'm lazy to type it all out haha.... I believe that this is as real as it can get... I have already been "scared" multiple times now but definitely good scares...

Mar 2, 2020 at 8:10 PM Post #33,102 of 45,723
Me with my Swift :wink:,
158D4F70-EC79-4A77-88FD-42106FF10A77.jpeg
Talk about Scares during midnight and PinkFloyd !!! That “humming” chills the bones...turning off your lights for better effects !!
78077810-5D25-4A69-8000-262F725CA368.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2020 at 8:17 PM Post #33,103 of 45,723

I really like it.

Im glad u found a new self-tuning weapon for refinement.
With the combination of region codes and FW mods we can achieve almost whatever the sound profile we prefer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back