SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #19,231 of 45,723
I just received a custom 4.4 balanced cable for my WM1A, but I have one question :

Is it normal that with the balanced output my Kaiser 10 are hissing quite a bit ? Because they are dead silent out of the 2.5 balanced output of my Hiby R6.

Even out of the 3.5 of the WM1A they're hissing but less than out of the balanced output I thought it was supposed to be quieter.

Thanks

My k10c and Encore are dead silent using High.

Mar 24, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #19,233 of 45,723
Mar 24, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #19,238 of 45,723
Since I tried both K10 and Isine 20 with the same 4.4 balanced cable, the cable should be out of cause right ?
In that case, if K10 is the only one hissing, possibly something went wrong with K10.
Still under warranty?

Mar 24, 2018 at 10:38 PM Post #19,243 of 45,723
I would say try first before you make decision.

It's very subjective, you might want either highs or lows more or both.

Their cables are not cheap.

I am using Leonidas for my hs1551cu.

Leonidas is a very nice cable, mostly transparent with lot of details

Thank you guys. I'll give their premium series a try first, before investing in plus or heritage series. I've placed order for Eros II. Hehe. Hope it wont disappoint me. Unfortunately, there's no effect audio cable available for me try in my place.. :frowning2: So i could only seek opinion from u all.

Mar 25, 2018 at 12:29 AM Post #19,244 of 45,723
I uploaded all my music to my WM1A via media go but I understand it’s now discontinued - does that mean it no longer functions - if I use the new Sony solftwsre are there any issues or will it work fine with files on the player previously uploaded via media go?

While I prefer the media go interface, the music center program is in fact smaller, and does not have as many functions as media go. Actually for processing bit-perfect audio using ASIO, maybe music center does a better job; can’t say.

Just seems like a faster and uses less resources which is an A+ since I have no interest in using media go video features.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back