SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #13,186 of 45,723
For those who have the WM1A, can you shed some light on what type of music is best played, I intend to purchased the WM1A during my visit to Japan in December, but was told I should consider the AK70 or opus, the type of music I listen the most are slow, female vocal, ballad and mainly korean OST.

Wm1a will work great with wide genre too. but if budget allow you to, definitely go for wm1z and never look back.

Jul 31, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #13,187 of 45,723
Disagree, both MDR1000X and the Sony LDAC MUC-M2BT1 Bluetooth cable pairs extremely well even with the WM1Z, it's about 90% performance of a wired connection with those phones and accessories. I can use the Bluetooth cable with my MMCX IEMs and they sound awesome.
I have both of those and agree with you completely.

Jul 31, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #13,188 of 45,723
Disagree, both MDR1000X and the Sony LDAC MUC-M2BT1 Bluetooth cable pairs extremely well even with the WM1Z, it's about 90% performance of a wired connection with those phones and accessories. I can use the Bluetooth cable with my MMCX IEMs and they sound awesome.

I have Mdr1000x, and the sq with wire is better than wireless + ldac still. but to be fair mdr1000x is the best wireless headphone i have hear to date. Just most of the time im still listen to wm1a with iem, no need to walk around most of the time.

anyway bluetooth is lossy to me. there is always something missing when I listen to bluetooth.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #13,189 of 45,723
Thanks to all who has replied to my post, although the 1Z is a better player of the two, I don't think it's worth the money for my use, unlike many people here, i'm not demanding the best and i'm not a audiophile, but just someone after something that has good quality sound, I already have a ZX2 which is already a expensive DAP for my purpose.

Jul 31, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #13,190 of 45,723
Thanks to all who has replied to my post, although the 1Z is a better player of the two, I don't think it's worth the money for my use, unlike many people here, i'm not demanding the best and i'm not a audiophile, but just someone after something that has good quality sound, I already have a ZX2 which is already a expensive DAP for my purpose.

I bought zx2 about half year before wm1a. i have totally no idea about sony's signature series atm. and the first time i try out wm1a i immediately made my choice to upgrade. totally worth it.

Jul 31, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #13,191 of 45,723
Agree that NFC is quite useless. They did it just for their own eco, but there is literally no wireless headphone that worth to pair with wm series.

Own the MDR-1000X, very nice headphone with easy "tap and done" NFC pairing
Enjoying it while I commute with my WM1Z and ZX100

I guess this function also work with other brand's BT device with NFC chips? I like to use it, no more device searching

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #13,192 of 45,723
I bought zx2 about half year before wm1a. i have totally no idea about sony's signature series atm. and the first time i try out wm1a i immediately made my choice to upgrade. totally worth it.

I've had my ZX2 for about 2 years now, need to upgrade to a new DAP, whether it's the WM1A or another brand, may be i'll have a proper listen before I decide, I do have a few more months before I make the purchase, who know, I might even get the ZX 300.

Jul 31, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #13,194 of 45,723

Don't worry, go get the WM1A enjoy it and don't look any further for the time being. It is an excellent DAP. The guys who propose the WM1Z will probably jump on the next best ever player still within 2017......

Jul 31, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #13,196 of 45,723
Best DAP is still wm1Z :) . I will move on to WM2Z if it comes out

I dont understand you say its the best DAP, but then you just turned around and sold it..............

Jul 31, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #13,197 of 45,723
IMG_1696.JPG
I dont understand you say its the best DAP, but then you just turned around and sold it..............

I still have Wm1z :), with the latest pic here

Jul 31, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #13,198 of 45,723
I think adding WiFi connectivity won't compromise that and would allow to enjoy more content, including HiRes content for those who are interested in.
ZX2 had those, and it hissed badly, I'm glad they fix all that with the WM1A, no more annoying hiss

Dear Headfiers, is the WM1z working well with 10 to 20 ohms custom IEMs? Thanks
used Empire Zeus R and Zeus XIV on my WM1A; green lights from me :)

Jul 31, 2017 at 7:03 PM Post #13,199 of 45,723

I still have Wm1z :), with the latest pic here

Weird I thought I saw a post from you selling it for 2800. You have the Utopia's too............I want your freaking job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back