SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 13, 2017 at 8:11 AM Post #11,266 of 45,723
My personal opinion is to use it normally and let it burn slowly, force burning continuously can wear out the battery. You will get to the stage when the capacitors will mature.

Yep, even if you believe in burn in my advice has always been just use it normal and experience any sound changes first hand. Part of the journey of the product.

Apr 13, 2017 at 8:14 AM Post #11,267 of 45,723
Yep, even if you believe in burn in my advice has always been just use it normal and experience any sound changes first hand. Part of the journey of the product.

I usually leave things on loop during the day and listen some hours every evening and rest during the night

Apr 13, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #11,270 of 45,723

My personal opinion is to use it normally and let it burn slowly, force burning continuously can wear out the battery. You will get to the stage when the capacitors will mature.

​i am using it thru the change stage, when i cannot like being at the German courses i let it at home playing alone

Apr 13, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #11,271 of 45,723

Ouch that is more than the US price for a new unopened piece. Unfortunately as US dealers, we can't sell out of the US territory or risk losing our Sony dealer authorization and the buyer loses the factory warranty.

Please note that the price includes 19% VAT. So the net price should be comparable.

​sony mexico sells it for $20K mexican pesos about $1100 US Dollar (Price show withouth VAT) vat is usually 16%, with that the final mexican Price would be $1400 pesos less expensive tan what i got it with AJ

Apr 13, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #11,272 of 45,723

Thank you for your reply.
I guess that makes it a no go for me.
I can painfully decipher Japanese, but I do not want to bother...

Supposedly there is the International version for tourists which has the language options, but not sure where you can get those except the Sony Store.

He can also hack it with the rockbox toolkit

Apr 13, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #11,276 of 45,723

Did a bit of late night hacking: re-terminated my T1s with a 4 pin XLR, then cut off the 2.5mm jack of my Brise Audio balanced adapter and put a XLR jack on it. Sounds pretty dman good! 

Apr 13, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #11,277 of 45,723
There are different capacitors for standard and balanced? I didnt know that.
I don't like the sound coming out from balanced now as it sound tinny with no bass.

Yup Polymer FT capacitors.. LOL why my balanced cables look hideous? I thank  @Whitigir for the effort and quality components used.. 

Apr 13, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #11,278 of 45,723
​sony mexico sells it for $20K mexican pesos about $1100 US Dollar (Price show withouth VAT) vat is usually 16%, with that the final mexican Price would be $1400 pesos less expensive tan what i got it with AJ
I think Sony really needs to get their pricing more fair globally. It is crazy these differences from territory to territory

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Apr 13, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #11,279 of 45,723
There are different capacitors for standard and balanced? I didnt know that.
I don't like the sound coming out from balanced now as it sound tinny with no bass.

+1 the decrease in bass on balanced; not sure tinny would be my word of choice, but definitely less depth and impact ("slam"?).  FWIW, over 400 hours burn-in on balanced...

Apr 13, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #11,280 of 45,723
I think Sony really needs to get their pricing more fair globally. It is crazy these differences from territory to territory

We need lower prices for 1Z in UK also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back