SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #9,781 of 45,723
New items all sounds sublime @ headfi.
All older items like Sony ZX2, AK240 nowadays nobody bothered to mention anymore.
New toys are always fun to play with.

Totally not true Bengkia.

If i could turn back time with what i know now, i'll gladly pick both those players you mentioned. Heck, i'll still pick either AK240 or SS over the 380 in a heartbeat. 

Having said that, the 1Z right now is a just a sonically different beast imho and personal preference. It just seduces me with its refinement, articulation and spatial presentation which quite possibly stems from it's "dark like the abyss background ". 

Feb 24, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #9,786 of 45,723
Different brand,different build, different price
wink.gif

Difficult to buy one high end dap if you can't compare them...which one is better for female vocals?

Feb 24, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #9,789 of 45,723
Sorry i still dont understand why do one still need to burn in se when the optimised output is in bal? I listen mainly in bal mode.

Because not everyone has balanced headphones.

Feb 24, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #9,790 of 45,723

I've reached 500 hours in SE

Sorry i still dont understand why do one still need to burn in se when the optimised output is in bal? I listen mainly in bal mode.

​I need to gather moeny to buy my adapter cable
beerchug.gif
​ jobless  no wonder i don't have money for a the adapter i need

Feb 24, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #9,794 of 45,723
  Is anybody selling a 4.4mm to 3.5mm SE adapter at the moment? Kinda annoying to have to swap cable to listen to every other device in the world.

Do not do this. You can adapt a balanced headphone for use with a single ended device, but please do not try to adapt a single ended headphone for use with a balanced output. You run an incredibly high risk of damaging your gear. It could theoretically work for a device with a 4.4mm output that's single ended, but the NW-WM1 is not that device.

Feb 24, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #9,795 of 45,723
Do not do this. You can adapt a balanced headphone for use with a single ended device, but please do not try to adapt a single ended headphone for use with a balanced output. You run an incredibly high risk of damaging your gear. It could theoretically work for a device with a 4.4mm output that's single ended, but the NW-WM1 is not that device.

Yep I'm not. I want to use my balanced headphone currently with 4.4mm balanced cable on single ended device with regular 3.5mm jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back