SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #9,301 of 45,723
  Just to further confirm, that is the bogus/scam seller that I have mentioned several times. If you see a seller asking you to contact them by e-mail, don't do it. At best you will never receive a response or the item. At worst they will scam you. 

This scammer seems to have hacked many seller accounts, so many of their sale posts look legitimate and have many favorable ratings. Look a little closer and you'll see that they often originally were small sellers in specialized items, not selling mass electronics. This scammer also often states that the items were on display in their store. If it's a third-party seller, not fulfilled by Amazon, and the price looks too good to be true, it almost certainly is a scam. They do sometimes drive Amazon's prices down though, that's the only upside.

Thank you
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 15, 2017 at 4:39 PM Post #9,302 of 45,723
  Just to further confirm, that is the bogus/scam seller that I have mentioned several times. If you see a seller asking you to contact them by e-mail, don't do it. At best you will never receive a response or the item. At worst they will scam you. 

This scammer seems to have hacked many seller accounts, so many of their sale posts look legitimate and have many favorable ratings. Look a little closer and you'll see that they often originally were small sellers in specialized items, not selling mass electronics. This scammer also often states that the items were on display in their store. If it's a third-party seller, not fulfilled by Amazon, and the price looks too good to be true, it almost certainly is a scam. They do sometimes drive Amazon's prices down though, that's the only upside.

so what happens if someone buy from that seller will amazon refund the money if you do not get the item

Feb 15, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #9,303 of 45,723
I doubt Amazon would offer much help. The way it works is they ask for your PayPal and physical address and say they will send it to Amazon so you are covered and you hear back from Amazon upon confirmation. The email will hit your spam box and at first inspection it appears legit- looks as though its from "auto-confirm@amazon.co.uk" it fills the address completely. When you look closer though you realize the address was cut off and the full one is actually similar to this - auto-confirm@amazon.co.uk-83745278560.com

Feb 15, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #9,304 of 45,723
  so what happens if someone buy from that seller will amazon refund the money if you do not get the item

If you e-mail a seller direct and pay outside the Amazon system then I doubt very much Amazon would offer any assistance, as it's against their terms. 

Feb 15, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #9,305 of 45,723
I need a good open headphone, and have decided to return the HD800S as I massively prefer the sound of the Z1R with the only issue being that the Z1R's bass is a little much for me occasionally (but it's less of an issue the more I listen to it).

The Z1R has a much richer, textured sound with just as much, if not more detail as the HD800S, particularly in the mids. I also find certain instruments sound unnatural on the HD800S, especially some percussion instruments, and also the positioning is much more vague. 

I'm in the difficult position that I can't demo any headphones before buying without flying to the UK. I'm looking at the Focal Elear, Focal Utopia and Hifiman HE1000 V2. 

Probably a bit of a silly question, but after many hours of reading reviews and forum threads i'm still pretty clueless on this. Which of these, if any, would have the most similar sound signature to the Z1R, but with less bass?

Generally I seem to prefer fairly neutral headphones, for example I much preferred the HD600 to the HD650. However I prefer the Fidelio X2 to both of those as it's livelier/more dynamic. Unfortunately compared to the Z1R it sounds like i'm listening to the X2 through a thick towel.

Cost wise, the Elear would cost me £633, the HE1000 V2 £1,613 and the Utopia £2,572. I might be able to negotiate better prices, but that is the starting point. Cost isn't the main factor (but still important), sound and comfort are.

At the moment my heart is more for the Utopia, but my head is on the HE1000 V2 due to the lower price, plus it comes with a balanced cable, and some people put it equal to the Utopia in SQ. The Elear sounds good, but some say it sounds like an improved HD650, which I wasn't keen on.

I would like to make a decision tomorrow, so any views are very much appreciated.

Feb 15, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #9,306 of 45,723
  Has anyone removed that ugly "made in malaysia" sticker at left bottom of the player?

I tried to remove it but could only succeed in removing the top layer . Didnt wish to scratch at it for fear i would scratch of some of the gold finish... 
biggrin.gif

Yes, it's easy to remove. Just grab it with a fingernail and pull off. No scratches and no adhesive residue.

Feb 15, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #9,307 of 45,723
I need a good open headphone, and have decided to return the HD800S as I massively prefer the sound of the Z1R with the only issue being that the Z1R's bass is a little much for me occasionally (but it's less of an issue the more I listen to it).

The Z1R has a much richer, textured sound with just as much, if not more detail as the HD800S, particularly in the mids. I also find certain instruments sound unnatural on the HD800S, especially some percussion instruments, and also the positioning is much more vague. 

I'm in the difficult position that I can't demo any headphones before buying without flying to the UK. I'm looking at the Focal Elear, Focal Utopia and Hifiman HE1000 V2. 

Probably a bit of a silly question, but after many hours of reading reviews and forum threads i'm still pretty clueless on this. Which of these, if any, would have the most similar sound signature to the Z1R, but with less bass?

Generally I seem to prefer fairly neutral headphones, for example I much preferred the HD600 to the HD650. However I prefer the Fidelio X2 to both of those as it's livelier/more dynamic. Unfortunately compared to the Z1R it sounds like i'm listening to the X2 through a thick towel.

Cost wise, the Elear would cost me £633, the HE1000 V2 £1,613 and the Utopia £2,572. I might be able to negotiate better prices, but that is the starting point. Cost isn't the main factor (but still important), sound and comfort are.

At the moment my heart is more for the Utopia, but my head is on the HE1000 V2 due to the lower price, plus it comes with a balanced cable, and some people put it equal to the Utopia in SQ. The Elear sounds good, but some say it sounds like an improved HD650, which I wasn't keen on.

I would like to make a decision tomorrow, so any views are very much appreciated.

Wm1z and Utopia out of 4.4mm is a very hard to beat combination. I traded away my z1r for Utopia to match better with Wm1z voicing

Why ? Wm1z sound s isn't on a bit of warmer sides. Z1R is too Warmth and dark to pair with Wm1z. While utopia is extremely neutral and balanced. They go together nicely. Utopia does not have less bass than Z1R, it has what I call "a better bass resolutions". Utopia has the dynamic body like nothing I ever witnessed from any other headphones. It is also very balanced and neutral too ! Out of the box and paired with WM1z, it drove me insane right away.

The bad thing is that it only comes with Single Ended 1/4" connector. You will need a 4.4mm cables for the Utopia to take advantage of the Wm1Z. The cables is not cheap either, the connectors for Utopia is more expensive than Hd-800, not to mention a good quality 4.4mm for Sony new balanced port.

But just out of experiences, I just want to provide you the feedbacks that you are seeking for. Beside Z1R, and Utopia, I did not hear any other headphones u mentioned above. No comment about them

Feb 15, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #9,309 of 45,723
Thanks Whitigr.

Just realised I posted this in the wrong thread, I meant to post in the Z1R thread...oops, too many open in my browser. 

Feb 15, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #9,310 of 45,723
The biggest problem seem to be that, is nowhere near London one can try the new Sony Signature products before buying.
Actually i would like to try their flagship headphones and see if they can match or are better then Ether C Flow.

Amazon UK allow you to return within 30 days, so you could buy from there and return if not happy. If you feel bad buying new and returning they have two used ones in Amazon Warehouse, which also has a 30-day return window. The only issue with Warehouse goods in so guarantee, but even then if you decided you liked them you could return and buy the brand new ones.

I've done 200 hours plus burn-in on both SE and balanced on my WM1A now, so going to give that a thorough test using the Z1R and also the EX1000. I've only got the stock cable on the EX1000 at the moment, but got a balanced cable coming from Forza Audio Works very soon.

Feb 15, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #9,311 of 45,723
  I apologize in advance if this topic has been already addressed but I have not been able to find anything in regards, also I might have made a mess with trying posting this message in the first place.

I’ve just received my NW-WM1A with additional Sandisk 200GB microSD and loaded it up with multiple albums, Ia m currently experiencing issue with cover art non displaying at all for some albums, no apparent reason as same format FLAC/AIFF and cover art size, up to 1500x1500 will shows in some and other not.

Coming from AK70 where all the same album shown without issue I am getting puzzled and a little bit frustrated as I am trying to find a logical reason on my current issue. All ID Tags have been edited using the same software, YATE, on my iMac 27”, on a side note, I have tried the same albums in MediaGo from Sony and they all show correctly the Cover Art.

Any idea on how to approach this issue before I loose my sanity? By the way this little gem is a work of craftsmanship and I am looking forward to many hours of enjoyment with my Campfire Vega and Foster TH900 MKII.

Thank you for any help or tips on this matter

​Most likely some of your covers are iether non-jpgs or progressive jpg... al cover must be baseline jpg in order to work properly

Feb 15, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #9,314 of 45,723
@Sarnia, go with your heart. In the long run you will be happier.

Feb 15, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #9,315 of 45,723
Anyone have any luck pairing Sony Remote Commader (NWS20) with WM1A/Z in the US?

Can't do it. Remote is disabled for US owners. You'll have to change the destination region to enable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back