SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 11, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #9,181 of 45,723
  Are you getting them from E4UA? Those adapters are not cheap. My Japanese friend asked for the price and he's told 15,000 yen
basshead.gif

Yeah they came in just under 18,000¥ shipped via EMS. I may be mistaken due to the language barrier, but it's to my understanding cables are being sacrificed for the molds. Prior to committing to these I'd inquired about a custom cable from PETEREK and he wouldn't touch it. He told the after market connectors on these are just too finicky in terms of fitment/size consistency issues.

Feb 11, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #9,182 of 45,723
Yeah they came in just under 18,000¥ shipped via EMS. I may be mistaken due to the language barrier, but it's to my understanding cables are being sacrificed for the molds. Prior to committing to these I'd inquired about a custom cable from PETEREK and he wouldn't touch it. He told the after market connectors on these are just too finicky in terms of fitment/size consistency issues.
E4ua cables aren't cheap but are best built in the market, the guy is all about attention to detail.

Feb 11, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #9,184 of 45,723

It's steoretype nowadays that everything comes from China having low quality and from Japan having better quality which are totally hilarious. I seriously don't care where they are being made as long as there is good quality management behind.

Feb 11, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #9,185 of 45,723
It's steoretype nowadays that everything comes from China having low quality and from Japan having better quality which are totally hilarious. I seriously don't care where they are being made as long as there is good quality management behind.
That is more or less what my "and" implied. It is so obnoxious to single out China. Everybody's iPhone is made their and it was not for China you would pay 3k for the iPhone.

Besides China now produces excellent quality. The Lotoo Paw Gold is proof of that.

Feb 11, 2017 at 11:18 PM Post #9,186 of 45,723
Now everything directly or indirectly made in China.

China brand there are good and bad of cause.

It would depends on QC.

I would say not all are bad. There are quality ones too but expect average quality in most of unknown China brand stuffs. Don't put expectation too high. You will be fine.

You get what you paid for.

Feb 12, 2017 at 5:21 AM Post #9,187 of 45,723
E4ua cables aren't cheap but are best built in the market, the guy is all about attention to detail.

Cheaper option is your original stock cable and scissors / soldering iron and plug from sleazybay and just so you know unplugging the kimber from the adaptor after a very short while becomes loose I can vouch for that only twice in my case and there are others that will confirm that too.

Feb 12, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #9,188 of 45,723

Hi,
I am in USA, how can I purchase stuff in Amazon UK? 
Thanks  a lot for your information

Just go to Amazon.co.uk and use your standard Amazon account. It will take the VAT tax off when it sees you are from the US (the price will drop from 1000 GBP to 833 GBP when the VAT comes off - at least that's what showed when I just tried it). Cheers

and there will be shipping costs and import taxes right?

Feb 12, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #9,192 of 45,723
My WM1A yesterday had a 2nd reboot and lost other 3 hours of burn-in, so i must add +7 hours instead of 403 i have 410. Don´t know why it happened, i just deleted some albums off and proceed to select an álbum to play it froze and rebooted, perhaps i did the selection of the tracks too quickly

In one month of using i have had 2 reboots

Feb 12, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #9,193 of 45,723
Mine only reboots when it trying to play some files with errors. Only once. Then i deleted that album. Everything is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back