SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 18, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #7,712 of 45,723

As to how I like the WM1A compared to the Lotoo Paw Gold, I don't hear any obvious sound quality difference between the two devices, so it comes down to things like UI which is better on the Sony and also the battery life which is considerably better. The Paw Gold wins out for storage however. Ultimately and the real decider for me was cost, with the WM1A coming in at half the price of the Paw gold, buying from Amazon warehouse.

As I mentioned I'm super busy at the moment so I wouldn't have time to get over to South London, but you're more than welcome to come East if you want to try it out. You can pop over to my office most days of the week. Just give me a heads up first.

beerchug.gif

the (+) points for WM1A just keep adding up 

should be my next DAP ,  especially now that i will not be selling my Athenas ( = no need to get new ciems)

Jan 18, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #7,715 of 45,723
I am so busy now comparing the new Mozart 225 edition vs the Phillips (keeping notable performances only). But have been exercising my 1A internal storage moving files in and out

Jan 18, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #7,716 of 45,723
anybody have any experience with the bluetooth remote rmt-nws20

the 1z doesn't seem to find it (yet the ak240 does, although it doesn't work with it)

could it be region locked?

Where did you get yours from Stephen?

Jan 18, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #7,719 of 45,723
anyone looking for an inexpensive belt solution, this fits very snug and while walking does not interfere with bt

i got mine from ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEATHER-CASE-HOLSTER-BELT-CLIP-POUCH-FOR-SAMSUNG-GALAXY-S5-S6-EDGE-HYBRID-ARMOR-/390889821173?hash=item5b02d953f5

Jan 18, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #7,721 of 45,723

the 1z doesn't seem to find it (yet the ak240 does, although it doesn't work with it)

I use it every day with no problems and I imported my remote from Japan.

I dunno, try rebooting your 1Z, then turn on all the bluetooth connections. Make sure you follow the pairing instructions to the letter as well.

Jan 18, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #7,722 of 45,723

I dunno, try rebooting your 1Z, then turn on all the bluetooth connections. Make sure you follow the pairing instructions to the letter as well.

​There is a short cut for bluetooth remote in the settings screen in the circles for brightness and BT audio

Jan 18, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #7,725 of 45,723

i did that

hold + or play on the remote and it flashes red/blue

turn on bluetooth on the 1z and scan, it just times out (and bt works as i have used it earpieces...meanwhile other devices see RMT-NWS20

and your 1z?  i reset the region using the tool (figured that was how to get the eng menu)

looking for another battery, maybe it's weak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back