SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 18, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #7,726 of 45,723
  i did that

hold + or play on the remote and it flashes red/blue

turn on bluetooth on the 1z and scan, it just times out (and bt works as i have used it earpieces...meanwhile other devices see RMT-NWS20

and your 1z?  i reset the region using the tool (figured that was how to get the eng menu)

looking for another battery, maybe it's weak

Mine is non-Japanese Asian model, so I doubt it is region locked.

Are you using the "remote control" setting on the 1Z? Audio device pairing and remote pairing is separate. Also maybe move away from possible interference from the other devices.

Jan 18, 2017 at 11:28 PM Post #7,727 of 45,723
Can my AK240 or Opus #2 use the Sony remote?!

Jan 19, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #7,728 of 45,723

Are you using the "remote control" setting on the 1Z? Audio device pairing and remote pairing is separate. Also maybe move away from possible interference from the other devices.

must not be

where is remote pairing? going through the help manual now :)

i see in the help manual "remote settings" but with a caveat "only available in certain regions"

i set mine to US, must be it? needs to be changed?

Jan 19, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #7,729 of 45,723
  must not be

i see in the help manual "remote settings" but with a caveat "only available in certain regions"

yeah under "settings" there's "remote settings", tap inside should give you option to pair with the remote

Did you do the uncap hack? Try another region I guess, maybe pick the Asian and non-Japanese ones, you get English there and no cap

Jan 19, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #7,730 of 45,723
  must not be

So like I mentioned, I just received mine today. Initially I had a problem pairing as well, but I figured it out.

First, you need to make sure you're at the Remote Control Settings menu, as mentioned above:

Then you need to make sure the Hold button isn't turned on, on the remote. This was my problem, and why the remote didn't pair initially. (if the button is pushed up, HOLD is engaged, make sure this isn't the case).

Finally, from the Remote Control Settings menu, just click "Add Remote". Press any button on the remote (Play, Volume + etc), and it should automatically pick it up and pair.

Took me a while to figure out (my remote is Japanese, and my reading comprehension isn't as good as some here 
tongue.gif
), but it works

Jan 19, 2017 at 1:03 AM Post #7,731 of 45,723

yeah under "settings" there's "remote settings", tap inside should give you option to pair with the remote

Did you do the uncap hack? Try another region I guess, maybe pick the Asian and non-Japanese ones, you get English there and no cap

that was exactly it, thanks and to clown as he was the one to point me to that scsitool

i set it to E and now remote settings are showing

appreciate you mentioning that menu choice

Jan 19, 2017 at 1:11 AM Post #7,733 of 45,723

First, you need to make sure you're at the Remote Control Settings menu, as mentioned above:

mine was set to U, i guess US owners won't be getting remote access

after the change (and reset) adding the remote took seconds

granted the remote is obscenely overpriced but really handy when you are walking and the player is stashed safely

found that all my BT headsets work more or less flawlessly on the belt as long as you keep your head more or less forward--move to look sideways and it gets choppy

thanks again to you and the others for your response!

Jan 19, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #7,736 of 45,723
  No worries eh? Just glad it worked out. Surprising about the US region and remote option, I'm guessing it will be added in a later update.

Maybe not.

If the option wasn't there to begin with I'm guessing it has something to do with FCC wireless device regulations and certification, perhaps Sony don't expect to sell that many units of the remote in the states and forgo certification and took the option out to cover their legal bases. 

Jan 19, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #7,737 of 45,723
Is it possible to buy / order a balanced cable 4.4 mm for EX1000?? Where?? Thanks!

Jan 19, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #7,739 of 45,723
Maybe not.

If the option wasn't there to begin with I'm guessing it has something to do with FCC wireless device regulations and certification, perhaps Sony don't expect to sell that many units of the remote in the states and forgo certification and took the option out to cover their legal bases. 

It's possible, of course. I would certainly hope that it's just temporary while they pursue whatever necessary certifications required and add it as a future firmware update for the US region.

But you're right, realistically there's not really a significant market for the remote, I don't think. They may just decide it's not worth the effort.

Jan 19, 2017 at 6:36 AM Post #7,740 of 45,723
Does anyone know what sizes of wires inside the WM1A or Z ? 22 AWG or 24 ? Something like that ? About those who asked if the sockets is playing side to side when you move it around. It is ok because these sockets are wired to the board and not direct on the board, so u won't damage anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back