SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 19, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #5,851 of 45,723
Someone can tell me if it's possible to buy an Wm1A tourist version online please??

Dec 19, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #5,855 of 45,723

Has anyone found a US seller of the sapphire protector?

I am afraid it is not officially Sony products, but more like a 3rd party products that is being sold on Sony website in Japan....so, I doubt we will see it, unless this guy is listing it onto Us sites

If it's sold on sony's site, i'm sure sony approve of it, but it's one of the most expensive protector on the market, as for the post above your's, a agent is needed to make the purchase. But unlike a phone protector where a phone is constantly being used, there is less chance of scratching the WM1A/Z screen is minimal, so a normal glass protector is a better choice, and a fraction of the cost.

Dec 19, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #5,859 of 45,723

If it's sold on sony's site, i'm sure sony approve of it, but it's one of the most expensive protector on the market, as for the post above your's, a agent is needed to make the purchase. But unlike a phone protector where a phone is constantly being used, there is less chance of scratching the WM1A/Z screen is minimal, so a normal glass protector is a better choice, and a fraction of the cost.

It appears to be sold on the sony japan site - someone kindly shared the item number from an earlier post: CC-OCG-028. I haven't seen it yet on sony US, ebay, or amazon, but keeping an eye out for it.

Agreed with your comment about scratching being less of a risk. That said, I don't mind paying for the sapphire one after having owned a few watches with sapphire crystal and not having issues with scratches. All of my cheap screen protectors don't seem to last that long.

Dec 19, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #5,860 of 45,723
It appears to be sold on the sony japan site - someone kindly shared the item number from an earlier post: CC-OCG-028. I haven't seen it yet on sony US, ebay, or amazon, but keeping an eye out for it.

Agreed with your comment about scratching being less of a risk. That said, I don't mind paying for the sapphire one after having owned a few watches with sapphire crystal and not having issues with scratches. All of my cheap screen protectors don't seem to last that long.

The Sony website currently lists it as unavailable, and there's no mention of it anywhere on the manufacturers website either (they still list one for the ZX2 though). Seems even in Japan there's no way to buy this right now.

Dec 19, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #5,861 of 45,723
The Sony website currently lists it as unavailable, and there's no mention of it anywhere on the manufacturers website either (they still list one for the ZX2 though). Seems even in Japan there's no way to buy this right now.

Ah gotcha - I took a quick glance at it on the japan site but didn't try to add to cart or anything... hopefully it gets released soon. In the meantime, I'll probably measure the screen and head to the local best buy and look for a close fit to tide me over.

Dec 20, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #5,862 of 45,723
I bought this and its quite nice.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B01M725624/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dec 20, 2016 at 7:07 AM Post #5,863 of 45,723
Just got an email saying that my Dignis case has shipped. :grin:

Dec 20, 2016 at 7:24 AM Post #5,865 of 45,723

Ah gotcha - I took a quick glance at it on the japan site but didn't try to add to cart or anything... hopefully it gets released soon. In the meantime, I'll probably measure the screen and head to the local best buy and look for a close fit to tide me over.

I think they only released it to test the market, the rest of their glass protector are just tempered glass, and seeing sony site, they have stopped production. You can see its very expensive, something like USD 110 for just a glass protector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back