SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2016 at 7:34 AM Post #3,902 of 45,723
One thing is for shure, i will receive a 1A next tuesday and i will share my thoughts in this tread ,sound wise, and has i had both zx2 and lpg in the past i will do the comparison

I look forward to reading your impressions Dinis  
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #3,903 of 45,723
The problem is you are doing exactly what tienbasse is talking about Whitigir.

Your closing comment was 'you should sell your LPG and move on to 1A if you can't afford 1Z. It is everything better.'

Unless you have done some extensive testing of the three devices, then this is a crazy comment to make.

Please try to remember that as a senior member on Head-fi, prospective new DAP buyers may take your comments very seriously and could even base part of their purchase decision upon it.

:beerchug:

I was wrong to listed the facts that WM is better than LPG , and call it out ? Well ok, it seems I can't even read the specs and look out for features. My apologies then, and did I mention about Sound quality wise the WM was better ? Where ? Since when do member need to extensively have all units to compare about features and spec wises ?

My strong comment was specially aimed toward the person I quoted, just because he mentioned that LPG has better play time and is more accurate in it listing than WM series. It was straight out wrong, so I listed a couple more facts for him to enjoy. Because of that my strong comment was aiming toward him and specs and features between the two DAP.

I need to go back to school and take reading/writing class again.

Nov 6, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #3,904 of 45,723
I was wrong to listed the facts that WM is better than LPG , and call it out ? Well ok, it seems I can't even read the specs and look out for features. My apologies then, and did I mention about Sound quality wise the WM was better ? Where ? Since when do member need to extensively have all units to compare about features and spec wises ?

I was just pointing out that anyone can state facts and claim that makes the device better, for example;

1. The UI is far quicker on the Paw gold
2. The Paw gold is smaller and significantly lighter
3. The Paw gold has a parametric equalizer
4. The Paw gold is just over half the price
5. The Paw gold has a larger potential capacity, due to the use of full sized SD cards

Does that mean all 1Z owners should sell theirs and buy a Paw gold? probably not.  
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #3,905 of 45,723
Sony flagship dap made in Japan or China?

Nov 6, 2016 at 8:56 AM Post #3,907 of 45,723

Sony flagship dap made in Japan or China?

Neither, they are made in Malaysia
biggrin.gif

That's a shame...for such premium product, we would have hoped they are Japanese made but alas even their high end photographic gears are made in Thailand nowadays so this is not at all surprising

Nov 6, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #3,908 of 45,723
One thing is for shure, i will receive a 1A next tuesday and i will share my thoughts in this tread ,sound wise, and has i had both zx2 and lpg in the past i will do the comparison

Looking forward to them

Nov 6, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #3,910 of 45,723
Where we can buy wm1a with international shipping now? Non capped version with english lang. Maybe asian online shop?

got mine from http://accessoryjack.com, still don't ship yet! (and it is out of stock already)

edit

I have asked them if there's a possibility that my order will ship before december 1, let's see what they answer

Nov 6, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #3,912 of 45,723
It's strange because the player in stock in Asia now.
frown.gif
why online stores dont sell it? In Russia its too expensive.. About 1600 doll

​I snatched it because they (accessoryJack) contacted me about a mini pre-order of two days, I had asked them previously if they wouls handle the WM1A and if when would be in stock

For me is strange because when the ZX100 came out, they had it almost inmediately in stock and when i ordered it, it shipped within a week.

Hope i get it before 12/01 as i travel to germany for leisure, as I promised my german friend i would share some of my music

Nov 6, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #3,914 of 45,723
Listening to some Korean jazz by Min Chae on the 1Z with the FitEar 335/Tralucent Uber Too cable.

Excellent stuff: those of you who are familiar with this singer will know she has dreamy and slightly husky vocals and her albums are well recorded. The timbre of the strings are spot on and there's a nice natural resonance and then decay when the guitar is plucked. There's a lovely sense of space. The cymbals have realistic decay. There's also a satisfying 3D roundness to the drums.

All in all a very enthralling listen. :)

Nov 6, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #3,915 of 45,723
Just a prelim folks but output impedance seems to clock out at 0.94 and 0.92 respectively.  So around 1 if we're trying to be conservative.

Thank you, this is great

Listening to some Korean jazz by Min Chae on the 1Z with the FitEar 335/Tralucent Uber Too cable.

Excellent stuff: those of you who are familiar with this singer will know she has dreamy and slightly husky vocals and her albums are well recorded. The timbre of the strings are spot on and there's a nice natural resonance and then decay when the guitar is plucked. There's a lovely sense of space. The cymbals have realistic decay. There's also a satisfying 3D roundness to the drums.

All in all a very enthralling listen. :)

Nice! Spaciousness, 3D and roundness, those are awesome

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back