SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #3,571 of 45,723
Congrats @Mimouille

I can't wait to hear your thoughts....even though i'll never be able to afford one !

Thank you, will share them as they come, mostly on the other thread I think.

Is this the Japanese version with English language? Hopefully other places on Europe will get the version without the volume cap.After paying all that money you want to have free volume control:wink:
Looking forward to see how it compares woth Lotoo Paw Gold, but Sony may be superior even in the normal, where balanced could have us for a big surprise.
Can you share the transfer speed for files when connected to the laptop? Thanks.I hope is not as slow as AK380 is.

It is international version with English included and no volume cap. 50g transferred in one hour, but could be faster as my laptop is very old and has no USB 3.

Congrats Mike! Enjoy! :)

Thanks, I am, sure you will like this too.

Is that a scratch I see?

Was on the plastic film thank God.

WM1Z vs LPG is all I ask for :D

Will compare after burn in. But the WM1Z is fuller for sure.

Oct 27, 2016 at 5:45 AM Post #3,573 of 45,723
But even if your laptop had USB 3.0 port will not make much of a difference as the Walkman is USB 2.0 ..
But when using the LPG with the right card in a USB 3.0 laptop port the speed was incredible, 87 mbps in my case.
Let's see if they will address the above issues quickly.

That would require them reinventing the WMport to be USB 3 compliance.  You can get by with a faster microSD card however.  My Samsung Evo 256gb can get up to 60-70  mbps too.  

That's one of the reason why I absolutely love the Paw Gold.  Transfer speed, SD card, and a great sound.  Of course, the lack of digital transport output was a deal breaker for me.

Oct 27, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #3,576 of 45,723
Thank you, will share them as they come, mostly on the other thread I think.
It is international version with English included and no volume cap. 50g transferred in one hour, but could be faster as my laptop is very old and has no USB 3.
Thanks, I am, sure you will like this too.
Was on the plastic film thank God.
Will compare after burn in. But the WM1Z is fuller for sure.

I'd put a screen protector on it ASAP, if I had one.

It might turn really ugly at about 40hrs if it's anything like it's little streaming sibling, the zx2 and start blossoming say about 100hrs.
Congratulations..

Lol, the clock....

Oct 27, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #3,577 of 45,723
Thanks, Mike! I'm sure I will. I hope to get mine next week, customs clearance permitting

Oct 27, 2016 at 7:49 AM Post #3,578 of 45,723
I'd put a screen protector on it ASAP, if I had one.

It might turn really ugly at about 40hrs if it's anything like it's little streaming sibling, the zx2 and start blossoming say about 100hrs.
Congratulations..

Lol, the clock....

Lol, and drop it on a concrete edges next day ? Yeah, your screen is not broken or scratches for sure, but the copper gold would have some printed arts on it. The worse thing than buying a new player is the burn-in period ... Lol

Oct 27, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #3,579 of 45,723
Lol, and drop it on a concrete edges next day ? Yeah, your screen is not broken or scratches for sure, but the copper gold would have some printed arts on it. The worse thing than buying a new player is the burn-in period ... Lol

You would have to baby this Walkman and treat it with extreme care, it will be easy to put a mark/dint on its soft metals, I think the pouch is a good idea, and control it using a Bluetooth remote.

Yeah the burn in would seem to take forever. Especially 200hrs for each socket.

Oct 27, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #3,580 of 45,723
I just contacted my local Sony Centre about the WM1A and received the following reply:

"Thank you for your enquiry.

This item is available on special order at the moment and it is priced at £1024.99.

Delivery normally takes 3-5 working days."

Tempting I must admit.

Oct 27, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #3,582 of 45,723
Mike, does it come with any screen protector? If I were you I'll get my hands on some Gorrila Glass.

Oct 27, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #3,584 of 45,723
http://www.kumitatelab.com/4.4mm5polecable/

More aftermarket cables terminated with 4.4mm plug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back