SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 23, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #2,132 of 45,723
Seems ZX100 is the new "Low ranger" of the series and 1A sits in the middle, possibly 1A is the "best of both worlds" a touch of warmness and musicality ith a touch of neutrality... seem it will be a good player despite 1Z being the TOP of the TOP

PS: which of the two 1A or 1Z will have the vinil'esque sound of the X1060,a warm lush sound being not too warm?

Sep 23, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #2,134 of 45,723
I think the Phileweb also mentioned that the Z has more resolutions ? Idk...need more high-end gears to impress on them

I am feeling a nice warm neutral sound and nice subtle details, like hammers hitting the string of the piano, the violin bow finely rustling the strings of it... feeling inmersed in the music (recorded n a small theater in vienna i think) Haydn complete piano trios, Beaux arts trio. slight touch of reverb nice (not exaggerated just the right amount of it)

This is a short description of ZX100 + XBA-Z5 (stock cable SE, stock tips in M size)... sooo if i pair my Z5 with the 1A... musical experience cubed...

Z5 and zx100 can extract some juice from difficult music as i have noted, esp older/remastered records, however i feel the zx100 can't drive the Z5 effortlesslya nd fluidly as i tought it would, I sense a struggle esp when power SWINGS f.e in an orchestral dynamic range chages to super loud or softer, detail fails to get these minute micro-detailing in pianissimos. I have to cranck volume to get the pianissimos right

Sep 23, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #2,135 of 45,723
I am feeling a nice warm neutral sound and nice subtle details, like hammers hitting the string of the piano, the violin bow finely rustling the strings of it... feeling inmersed in the music (recorded n a small theater in vienna i think) Haydn complete piano trios, Beaux arts trio. slight touch of reverb nice (not exaggerated just the right amount of it)

This is a short description of ZX100 + XBA-Z5 (stock cable SE, stock tips in M size)... sooo if i pair my Z5 with the 1A... musical experience cubed...

Z5 and zx100 can extract some juice from difficult music as i have noted, esp older/remastered records, however i feel the zx100 can't drive the Z5 effortlesslya nd fluidly as i tought it would, I sense a struggle esp when power SWINGS f.e in an orchestral dynamic range chages to super loud or softer, detail fails to get these minute micro-detailing in pianissimos. I have to cranck volume to get the pianissimos right

lol, a toast to the more and powerful Walkman, the WM1 series.

Sep 23, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #2,138 of 45,723
thoughts emerging from reading  the translated article

- 1Α is quite better than zx2

- 1Α is neutral yet musical

- i need to buy 1A

Sep 23, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #2,140 of 45,723
The Phil web review sounds like a lot of poetic BS you could write on mushrooms.

will WM1 series beat the mystic SQ of the Tera (player)? i wanna try he tera because the exotic DAC i never hear of R2R DAC

Sep 23, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #2,141 of 45,723

thoughts emerging from reading  the translated article

- 1Α is quite better than zx2

- 1Α is neutral yet musical

- i need to buy 1A

Lol
biggrin.gif
, no...you want 1Z

LOL and i am undecided haha flower and start removing petals 1A...1Z...1A..1Z...1A

Sep 23, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #2,142 of 45,723
Spain and UK don't show the A at all. Germany has it with an expected delivery between 1 and 3 months. All 3 have the Z with expected release date 4th October.

I'm just leaving my order sitting quietly and seeing what will eventually happen

The A is due in 2017 guys. That is the info that the CNet article gave us.

Sep 23, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #2,143 of 45,723
The Phil web review sounds like a lot of poetic BS you could write on mushrooms.

will WM1 series beat the mystic SQ of the Tera (player)? i wanna try he tera because the exotic DAC i never hear of R2R DAC

The Tera Player sounds organic,full , spacious, with a very black background.
Not even AK380 Cu didn't impressed me, but well I didn't hear the Gold Walkman, so is a waiting game.I would recommend that you get the Paw Gold if your budget is tight.

Sep 23, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #2,144 of 45,723
The A is due in 2017 guys. That is the info that the CNet article gave us.

i don't trust CNet

sony says the copper ingot is by far more difficult to CNC cutting than the aluminum.... i think sony says arround october 29 or so, lets wait for the canjam RMF to pass by and see

Sep 23, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #2,145 of 45,723
Delays from Sony on product releases are very common.  I bought my A17 on October 24th when it was suppose to be in stock and it did not arrive until November 24th.  The same happened with my STRDN860 which arrived 5 weeks after I paid for it.  The same was true when I sold Sony products.

Whatever date Sony gives for a product release add at least 30 days to it to be safe and you will be less likely to be disappointed by the delays. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back