SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 21, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #2,071 of 45,723

Utterly irrelevant post of absolutely no use to anyone.

Seriously dude, sort yourself out.

I don't know, I think he is just trying to be funny and friendly. Sure, it has little to do with the thread topic, but I still don't see it as that big a deal. Now if there were constant posts that were way OT and useless, that is another story. We all deviate sometimes, that is normal in these communities, but I also do get it that some members just do not like OT and humourous posts, which is a fair position to take.

Sep 21, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #2,072 of 45,723
I think he should donate his old and unwanted players to me rather than destroying them.  Seriously, donate to someone in need is a good thing.

Sep 21, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #2,073 of 45,723
  I think he should donate his old and unwanted players to me rather than destroying them.  Seriously, donate to someone in need is a good thing.

​Yes only funny LOL i will attempt to sell it again but this time only europe that is friendly to shippers USA, Can, mexico (domestic), asia or australia

Sep 21, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #2,074 of 45,723
I saw a pic of WM1Z info screen and saw partially at least it is 230GB, my ZX100 128GB is 115.4GB

doing some math and approximation

128GB microSD formatted 119.1GB thats 0.93049 or 93.049% of usable space, the 200GB micro SD i had once formatted is 0.915 usable space or 183GB

if we approximate thhis to 91.5% usable space then a 256GB is 234.2GB, then sony OS is taking 4GB space, same as zx100 128 format 119.1 sony os gobbles 4GB then remaining 115.4GB

I think IMHO too heavy for a basic OS, even i think Android at 5GB is too heavy, wonder if they can optimize it to make it smaller or if they can use a ROM chip to store the OS and leave alone the NAND chip

Sep 22, 2016 at 2:02 AM Post #2,075 of 45,723
hello I have to apologize to all the headfiers that have tried to bring me to reason , when i , with all the facts that i had , believed that the Amazon.es not would make me look bad, but after two days saying in my order "envio aproximamente" that is translated "shipping soon" i contact by chat ( again) and now the answer was the oposit of two days ago, they don't have the sony for sale and didn't have the honesty of telling me,i don't know how much time will take to the sony Daps be on sale but maybe i will have time to have money for the 1Z ...but Amazon.es is fu^#^#@^ bad

Sep 22, 2016 at 2:53 AM Post #2,078 of 45,723
hello I have to apologize to all the headfiers that have tried to bring me to reason , when i , with all the facts that i had , believed that the Amazon.es not would make me look bad, but after two days saying in my order "envio aproximamente" that is translated "shipping soon" i contact by chat ( again) and now the answer was the oposit of two days ago, they don't have the sony for sale and didn't have the honesty of telling me,i don't know how much time will take to the sony Daps be on sale but maybe i will have time to have money for the 1Z ...but Amazon.es is fu^#^#@^ bad

Spain and UK don't show the A at all. Germany has it with an expected delivery between 1 and 3 months. All 3 have the Z with expected release date 4th October.

I'm just leaving my order sitting quietly and seeing what will eventually happen

Sep 22, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #2,079 of 45,723

Utterly irrelevant post of absolutely no use to anyone.

Seriously dude, sort yourself out.

Wait, I thought I was the only one allowed to submit posts that are of no use to anyone.  Not sure if I want to share that privilege. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 22, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #2,080 of 45,723
139 pages already

we should make a poll/guess

how many pages in , until the first user actually buys/listens to 1A/1Z 
tongue.gif

Sep 22, 2016 at 3:24 AM Post #2,081 of 45,723
  I saw a pic of WM1Z info screen and saw partially at least it is 230GB, my ZX100 128GB is 115.4GB

doing some math and approximation

128GB microSD formatted 119.1GB thats 0.93049 or 93.049% of usable space, the 200GB micro SD i had once formatted is 0.915 usable space or 183GB

if we approximate thhis to 91.5% usable space then a 256GB is 234.2GB, then sony OS is taking 4GB space, same as zx100 128 format 119.1 sony os gobbles 4GB then remaining 115.4GB

I think IMHO too heavy for a basic OS, even i think Android at 5GB is too heavy, wonder if they can optimize it to make it smaller or if they can use a ROM chip to store the OS and leave alone the NAND chip

The OS likely sits in its own hidden partition in system memory.  Some additional space could be reserved as a page file like a computer to speed up operation of the DAP.  No mention of how much operational ram is available in the DAP.

Sep 22, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #2,082 of 45,723
139 pages already

we should make a poll/guess

how many pages in , until the first user actually buys/listens to 1A/1Z :p  

Well we are several who have bought but Sony don't want to deliver yet

Sep 22, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #2,084 of 45,723

While not untrue I would rather prefer people to avoid lenghty full quotes (and very often even with ALL pictures) and then just adding a five word comment to it..

Lol, that is a pet peeve of mine as well!

Charming

Dang, beat me to it!

All of that notwithstanding, I think that @ThisCharmingMan also has a somewhat of a point there. @gerelmx1986, I'm sure you're a nice guy and would be really fun to hang out with, and I say this with the greatest respect for what you bring to this forum, but don't you think that sometimes you're oversharing a bit? I'd just wish that you would ask yourself more often if the whole of the head-fi community really needs to know what goes on in your private life at the moment or what thoughts on any given subject happen to go through your mind at any given time. Sometimes it really does feel a little like a public diary. On the other hand, this is an open forum and there's little we can do to stop you. I just think it's a matter of personal discretion. I must confess that I have sometimes been close to blocking you just to filter out the noise a little bit, but it would really be a shame because at other times you're a helpful member with a great knowledge of diverse Sony products who contributes valuable info. But just as often, it's merely noise. It really does not even bother me as much, because I've gotten used to just quickly scroll through threads and kind of filter out the unimportant stuff, but I can see how it would bother folks more, and it can be time-consuming if you're not a quick reader. So "Think before you post" is really all I want to say, and not just to you, but as a general guideline. Oh, and I'm fully aware that I've been posting lots of nonsense and lame jokes in this forum myself. I guess it's just at everyone's discretion to make sure the ratio does not go completely wonky. All that being said, good to have you here! 
beerchug.gif
 <-- Mexican cerveza; you do live in Mexico, right?
(Just kidding.)

Sep 22, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #2,085 of 45,723
I guess it's just at everyone's discretion to make sure the ratio does not go completely wonky. All that being said, good to have you here! 
beerchug.gif
 <-- Mexican cerveza; you do live in Mexico, right?
(Just kidding.)

yes hehe live in mexico and food is yummy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back