SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #13,609 of 45,723
Aug 20, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #13,613 of 45,723
Do you know which are the best mmcx connector around? For cables.
For me eidolic premiums or PW Audio if you don't want to spend too much but if your cables decent and your set up is don't add cheapo stuff to it. Made my own 3.5mm to rca silver solid silver cables with rhodium and silver solder and the 6.3mm plug on the silver Aeon cable is as furutech anti magnetic rhodium plated one that set me back £45 alone. The cable is always a debatable subject for some but I know from my job silver, gold rhodium and aluminium have Rf / noise / and frequency and quality changing properties, but that's my take on it not forcing my views on others plus they look nice which is a bonus.

Aug 20, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #13,614 of 45,723
In anybody's honest opinion would I be wasting my money if I listen to mostly (Mp3,AAC little bit of FLAC) Pop,Hip Hop,rock,EDM,R&B? I've owned thee Zx1 and just received the Zx100. I currently use the Sony H3's which I find pretty good to me. I accidentally bought the Sony Cables that were for balanced 4.4 so at least I'll have those ready and not just sitting around not being used. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #13,615 of 45,723
In anybody's honest opinion would I be wasting my money if I listen to mostly (Mp3,AAC little bit of FLAC) Pop,Hip Hop,rock,EDM,R&B? I've owned thee Zx1 and just received the Zx100. I currently use the Sony H3's which I find pretty good to me. I accidentally bought the Sony Cables that were for balanced 4.4 so at least I'll have those ready and not just sitting around not being used because I o my have a 3.5 jack. Thanks in advance.

No , buy with confidence !

Aug 20, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #13,616 of 45,723
In anybody's honest opinion would I be wasting my money if I listen to mostly (Mp3,AAC little bit of FLAC) Pop,Hip Hop,rock,EDM,R&B? I've owned thee Zx1 and just received the Zx100. I currently use the Sony H3's which I find pretty good to me. I accidentally bought the Sony Cables that were for balanced 4.4 so at least I'll have those ready and not just sitting around not being used because I o my have a 3.5 jack. Thanks in advance.

Some mp3 with good mastering sounds good on wm1a. For me it is a forgiving player.

Aug 20, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #13,617 of 45,723
wierd you call it a forgiving player, as i find it to reveal all of the flaws (and of course good masters shine)

Aug 20, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #13,618 of 45,723
So heres a stupid question, So lets say you have a Sony PHA-2a and the WM1Z, now I know you can connect each other using the 1Z port to Micro SD into the PHA, which then you are using the PHA-2A as an AMP and a DAC, so what if you just wanted the PHA-2A to act just as an AMP and not use the DAC so you can use the awesome DAC inside the 1Z? Any help would be appreciated

Aug 20, 2017 at 8:20 PM Post #13,619 of 45,723
So heres a stupid question, So lets say you have a Sony PHA-2a and the WM1Z, now I know you can connect each other using the 1Z port to Micro SD into the PHA, which then you are using the PHA-2A as an AMP and a DAC, so what if you just wanted the PHA-2A to act just as an AMP and not use the DAC so you can use the awesome DAC inside the 1Z? Any help would be appreciated
It Works excatly as you described: as a DAC/AMP, not possble to use as amp only sadly

Aug 20, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #13,620 of 45,723
It Works excatly as you described: as a DAC/AMP, not possble to use as amp only sadly

So is there a powerful portable amp that doesnt force you to use a DAC out there? I just want to listen to my 1Z through the balanced jack and add power to the 1Z so I can turn it up louder and not lose dynamics either, does such a thing exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back