SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #10,698 of 45,723
Gotcha, thanks. Shouldn't really matter as long as it's not volume capped and has English language.. that's all I'd really care about.
Even if it's capped, the same tool can help you get rid of it.. Just trying to help out since you already bought one. I am still waiting for the USA release. Hope they include the BTremote support in the version because I already bought one, lol

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #10,699 of 45,723
I don't think so, otherwise you wouldn't be going ahead and wasting more money on cables :massage:
while the warranty discussion continues i am enjoying my WM1A....

already ordered my balanced adapter cables

popcorn.gif

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #10,700 of 45,723
Sorry to get off topic.. by the way are you guys using or planning to use a screen protector? I bought a few different kinds for mine.. I feel like over time scratches are inevitable and I plan to use this dap for years or until an obvious clear cut upgrade is released.

I use this one:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B01M725624/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I think nanaholic might have originally posted about it; I really like it--the quality appears to be outstanding.

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:29 PM Post #10,701 of 45,723
Sorry to get off topic.. by the way are you guys using or planning to use a screen protector? I bought a few different kinds for mine.. I feel like over time scratches are inevitable and I plan to use this dap for years or until an obvious clear cut upgrade is released.
We all heard you :)
For the protectors, I bought a pack of 6 from Amazon, cheap one but don't know how it fits since I don't have the player yet. Also, I see there is one available from Sony itself for USD 19.99 on ebay (single piece).

Mar 25, 2017 at 2:13 AM Post #10,702 of 45,723
Just out of queriosity how does a not authorized dealer get hold of products to sell ?

I assume they don't get it from Sony so I suppose it must be authorized dealers selling to them at bulk prizes. I don't get that part.

Mar 25, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #10,703 of 45,723
Is it pro consumer to want to suppress information about a possible lack of warranty ?

Mar 25, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #10,704 of 45,723
Is it pro consumer to want to suppress information about a possible lack of warranty ?

I know you really like Jason and his store but I am done with that conversation, sorry man. Besides I don't know how to answer that question as it doesn't make any sense at all. Of course it's good to know about warranty information. Context is key though and you obviously aren't understanding the point I tried to make.

Not trying to defend Buywise as I've never dealt with them before but they are saying they'd give some sort of warranty of their own so hopefully they take care of those few units that happen to have any sort of bad luck and malfunction. I don't have any reason not to believe what they say.. and their reviews seem very promising too. Like I said.. maybe I'm just too careless or risky but I feel confident that in the incredibly rare case my brand new dap doesn't function correctly - either Sony, Amazon or Buywise will take care of me one way or another. I'm hoping everyone gets a perfectly working device though, hoping for the best!

Mar 25, 2017 at 4:12 AM Post #10,705 of 45,723
P.S. I have a long plane ride coming up next Friday.. I'm hoping my next day shipping will make it here before then. I ordered Wednesday I believe. Do any of you guys know how shipping works since it's fulfilled by Amazon? Do Buywise first ship your order to Amazon and then Amazon ships to you? What was the turnaround time for you guys in the US?
It will come from Amazon. You should see a delivery date under Orders. That's When you'll get it.

Mar 25, 2017 at 4:26 AM Post #10,706 of 45,723
It will come from Amazon. You should see a delivery date under Orders. That's When you'll get it.

It says expected arrival is Monday but it hasn't shipped yet so not too sure about that haha I'm normally very patient but like I said, I have a looong flight coming up next Friday and I would love to have it for that. If not then I'm not too worried about it - that would just mean I have an amazing gift waiting for me when I return.

Mar 25, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #10,708 of 45,723
I dont think any DAP have that feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back