SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 4, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #8,821 of 45,723
With regards to cases, the EA leather cases on eBay are a nice option also. For $50, they are a good deal. I had one for my LPG.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A6-EASECASE-Custom-Made-Genuine-Leather-Case-For-SONY-WM1-WM1A-WM1Z-/332093583317?hash=item4d5251efd5:g:rWEAAOSwLEtYfGwb

Feb 4, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #8,822 of 45,723

one of the favorite pairing at canjam - Warren's new masterpiece

definitely better than 1a , love this sound so much.

Iem using : Hum pristine v2 which is a direct upgrade to my old JH13FP . The amount of musicality in 1Z is astonishing. Had a chat with Tomoaki and Hiroaki-san on pairing Z1R with either 1A or 1Z . (I pretty much prefer Z1R out of 1A due to its synergy), they were very nice individuals.
Also was asking them regarding future products next year and future firmware update for current for wm1. I can confirm that the new upcoming firmwares won't be improving the speed of the OS.

Got a hand on @twister6's DX200 ( don't want to reveal his real name on here) . Was really impressed with the sound and UI ; the UI is honestly better than wm1...

Feb 4, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #8,824 of 45,723
Feb 4, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #8,825 of 45,723
Today I had a chance to try a well burned in 1Z and I have to admit via my HUM Pristine the extra richness in tonality is audible. Ofcourse this naturally mad me wonder whether I should sale my 1A and buy this 1Z but now that I am home and I had a few hours to think things over I am convince I can easily mimic the same tonality via pairing the right IEM with 1A. 

I just simply did not have enough time to go over all the finer detail but the two do sound different enough, but not enough to trick the listener thing they are listening to two different DAP from a different family. 

How come we dont see post of how 1A/1Z synergy with various IEM/headphones? It would be good if we have more of such posting so we can slowly pinpoint on what pairs best with 1A. 

Feb 4, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #8,826 of 45,723
I love the 1Z and the Vegas! Cheers

Feb 4, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #8,827 of 45,723
  Today I had a chance to try a well burned in 1Z and I have to admit via my HUM Pristine the extra richness in tonality is audible. Ofcourse this naturally mad me wonder whether I should sale my 1A and buy this 1Z but now that I am home and I had a few hours to think things over I am convince I can easily mimic the same tonality via pairing the right IEM with 1A. 

I just simply did not have enough time to go over all the finer detail but the two do sound different enough, but not enough to trick the listener thing they are listening to two different DAP from a different family. 

How come we dont see post of how 1A/1Z synergy with various IEM/headphones? It would be good if we have more of such posting so we can slowly pinpoint on what pairs best with 1A. 

I have MDR-Z7 and the amount of details is insane, also Z5

Z7s HOME
Z5s PORTABLES

Feb 4, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #8,828 of 45,723
To me, covering the WM port is also important
biggrin.gif

True, i had a pocket lint stuck in my ZX100 wm-port and had to use compressed air to blow it out

Feb 4, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #8,829 of 45,723
True, i had a pocket lint stuck in my ZX100 wm-port and had to use compressed air to blow it out

Agree. For "pocket duty" I find the Sony case to be almost perfect. It slides easy in and out of the pocket and protects the screen and the WM port but leaves the sides open for accessing the buttons. On the desktop I just fold the cover back. Cheers

Feb 4, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #8,830 of 45,723

Iem using : Hum pristine v2 which is a direct upgrade to my old JH13FP . The amount of musicality in 1Z is astonishing. Had a chat with Tomoaki and Hiroaki-san on pairing Z1R with either 1A or 1Z . (I pretty much prefer Z1R out of 1A due to its synergy), they were very nice individuals.
Also was asking them regarding future products next year and future firmware update for current for wm1. I can confirm that the new upcoming firmwares won't be improving the speed of the OS.

Got a hand on @twister6's DX200 ( don't want to reveal his real name on here) . Was really impressed with the sound and UI ; the UI is honestly better than wm1...

How didnthe 1A and liquid spark combo compare with the 1Z? And you connect via line out from the 3.5mm?

Feb 4, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #8,831 of 45,723
I have fiddled with the EQ

16K  +3
8K +3
4K +2
2K +1
1K TO 125Hz -2

seemed to add a subtle reverb

then remembeered whitigir's post about DSEE HX STRINGS + DC PHASE Linearizer TYPE A LOW and also seems to add a more noticiable reverb while still being natural

more suggestions on how to make a record that sounds dry more reverberous or spacious are welcome

Here's, I tried your setting with 4.4 Sony Kimber cable, se ultimate.

I think it removes slight veil and increases clarity, by around 10-15%. Granted, I'm only listening 6 songs and wm1a is burned around 120hr.

Try if any of you guys notice similar things and share...

Feb 4, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #8,832 of 45,723
It sounds like there's more bite with each instruments, like its more sharper image, but slightly hotter treble. Kinda like Alo Ref8 cable.

On another note, I'm getting 8 core pw5 4.4mm next month :)

Feb 4, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #8,833 of 45,723

Too bad about the FW not being made better on the WM1-. Sometimes the lag is irritating but I try and just look past it. 

Feb 4, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #8,834 of 45,723

My Pairing.

WM1A + Sony Kimber Kable + Campfire Andromeda

I would say those Acoustic sounds so real.

It is very full sounding in lows and mid-lows but also sparkles on highs. My preference i would like a bit more highs.

Those Live recording in Concert halls sounds amazing, the ambience is just great.

Cymbals, bass for modern music are incredible.

Clarity wise a bit lesser than ALO Ref8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back