SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 2, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #8,567 of 45,723
There's two DSD output modes in the settings menu under output settings.

Auto - depending on the receiving decide will switch format (DSD/PCM) to play in
DoP - will output in native DSD but only up to 5.6MHz

Auto is the default setting, so I'm guessing it doesn't detect the Mojo correctly and fell back into outputing PCM.  Try using DoP mode.

Just went in and select DoP and yes now the mojo light show WHITE which is DSD, thanks

Feb 2, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #8,569 of 45,723

I have my WM1A over my working table and sometimes, when the unit is stopped, I hear the click of the relay. Anyone has hear this click with the unit in stand by mode?

I hear it not only a few seconds after stop see music. I think the unit activates the relay every XXX hours of minutes. Maybe to prevent it to fix in a position??

Yes it's normal behaviour. 

If you don't want to hear the clicking sound simply unplug your headphone from the unit, when there is no headphone connected the relay will not trigger.

The relay is only on balanced or also in SE? thanks, also to @nanaholic wheyou unplug the HPs the amplifer shuts down or stays on? 

Feb 2, 2017 at 11:54 AM Post #8,572 of 45,723

The relay is only on balanced or also in SE? thanks, also to @nanaholic wheyou unplug the HPs the amplifer shuts down or stays on? 

Balance only - the mechanical relay it only for the balance circuit. 

Feb 2, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #8,575 of 45,723
I think I see 2 relays in the main board, so the single end will have a relay too!

Nope, both are for balance.  They said so in the interview.

For the muting circuit of the balance output there are two “relays” with great presence

Sato Hiroaki [sound design]
It’s a mechanical relay that is opened with magnets when muting sound, and when sound is played it is shut with a click.

Feb 2, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #8,577 of 45,723
The 1A and dignis case just delivered this morning. I was so surprised because the dignis case didn't come with a screen protector. Anyone know anyplace i can get the screen protector for 1A in the us ?

Double check the packaging to make sure it isn't in there. I received one with mine, even though I don't use it. I prefer using a liquid nano coating.

Feb 2, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #8,579 of 45,723
Feb 2, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #8,580 of 45,723
My 1Z just arrived.
wink.gif
  Initial impressions and a brief comparison will follow shortly. It needs to warm up and dry out first. That UPS truck was COLD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back