SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #811 of 45,723
I think we should have only one thread about Sony NW-WM1Z Walkman.
Having two is confusing and hard to follow for many members.
Admin can you do anything about it?
Thank you.

For now maybe users could state at the top of each post the model they are referring to until  the forum gets split for each unit separately

Sep 3, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #812 of 45,723
I think we should have only one thread about Sony NW-WM1Z Walkman.
Having two is confusing and hard to follow for many members.
Admin can you do anything about it?
Thank you.

How is it confusing? They both have same OS, same output power, both function in the same exact way. Just different storage, colour and a few internal bits and materials differ that probably won't make any difference.

Sep 3, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #814 of 45,723
How is it confusing? They both have same OS, same output power, both function in the same exact way. Just different storage, colour and a few internal bits and materials differ that probably won't make any difference.

Right now it probably isn't but once people have them and start posting their reviews it would be nice to know which unit the are referring to.

Sep 3, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #815 of 45,723
ok , that only proves that you can play for 20 hours without the volume cap, after that warning you can play loud again

The EU unit never goes as loud as the Japan unit. There are 2 caps, one at nominally 85 dB and another at 100 dB (whatever those numbers mean when no headphone is there for reference). On EU unit you can never go over the 100 mark and you get bumped back to 85 with a warning every 20 hours. The Japan unit can go beyond the 100 mark. Disabling the sound enhancement app gives more volume at the start of the range so easier to avoid the warning as it relates to how far up the volume control goes.

Sep 3, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #816 of 45,723
ok , that only proves that you can play for 20 hours without the volume cap, after that warning you can play loud again

you are speculating, while at the same time people who owned both tell you how things are

EU model simply lowers volume from say 80% to 50% every 20 hours , but the total volume output is 30-40% lower than the JPN model

to get an idea again of what we are saying , i used to listen to my EU model on 60-80% of total volume power , when with the jpn model i listen to 30-50%

so once more , EU is 30-40% less powerful loud-wise that the JPN model

cheers

Sep 3, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #817 of 45,723
Too bad there is no wifi...no matter how good its sound its mean nothing to me because my music collection is on streaming services, i guess i will stick to mojo + smartphone.

Sep 3, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #818 of 45,723
I love the shape.  The gold ain't my style, but I'd get past that fast once I put it in a primo leather case...

There is a titanium grey version that has hardly any bling. One was sold on eBay yesterday. Looks a lot better without the bling IMHO - more like it means business.

Sep 3, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #819 of 45,723
There is a titanium grey version that has hardly any bling. One was sold on eBay yesterday. Looks a lot better without the bling IMHO - more like it means business.

Oh I know, and its also 1/3 the price.  Its the only one I could swing anyways...

Sep 3, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #823 of 45,723
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back