SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #646 of 45,723
  You can self-service your battery I bet i have seen sony glue is not strong, so you can peel the elather and then use some UHU Glue to reglue (no, just don't use super glue!)

I´peeled the back of my then X1060, so i assume same applies for zx series and the new signature sound walkmen

To add to that, all Sony DAP's made after 2013 do not have user replaceable batteries anymore.  It was costing Sony to much in lost sales.

Sep 2, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #647 of 45,723
so anyone here going for the 1Z instead of the 1A ?

tongue.gif

Sep 2, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #648 of 45,723

You can self-service your battery I bet i have seen sony glue is not strong, so you can peel the elather and then use some UHU Glue to reglue (no, just don't use super glue!)

I´peeled the back of my then X1060, so i assume same applies for zx series and the new signature sound walkmen

To add to that, all Sony DAP's made after 2013 do not have user replaceable batteries anymore.  It was costing Sony to much in lost sales.

well if you have soldering skills....

Sep 2, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #649 of 45,723

I am an electronics engineer and I have the necessary skills but without a battery small enough to fit in battery space in the DAP my skills don't matter.  Theoretically you could wire in the battery internally, notch the case to run the wire outside the case and then strap the larger battery to the back of the unit. Make some kind of a water tight protective casing for the battery and you could have a user replaceable battery.

It would make your DAP look pretty ugly but I guess it would be better than nothing.  I do know some people who have done that on cheaper DAP's.

Sep 2, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #650 of 45,723

I am an electronics engineer and I have the necessary skills but without a battery small enough to fit in battery space in the DAP my skills don't matter.  Theoretically you could wire in the battery internally, notch the case to run the wire outside the case and then strap the larger battery to the back of the unit. Make some kind of a water tight protective casing for the battery and you could have a user replaceable battery.

It would make your DAP look pretty ugly but I guess it would be better than nothing.  I do know some people who have done that on cheaper DAP's.

Yes or buy these powerbanks and use the supplied USB cable, i have one minipowerbank my previous employer gave me (only has a half charge capability for a decent sized xperia) sufficient to charge one time my ZX100 batt. to full

Sep 2, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #651 of 45,723

Yes or buy these powerbanks and use the supplied USB cable, i have one minipowerbank my previous employer gave me (only has a half charge capability for a decent sized xperia) sufficient to charge one time my ZX100 batt. to full

True but then you have to carry another device with you which makes the DAP less portable and get a fraction of the battery life.  I can see myself trying the external battery mod on my A17 once it is out of warranty at least.  The A10/A20 look much easier to open up than the new models.

Sep 2, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #653 of 45,723
Will these have the dreaded european volume cap? or hope they have a disabable warning LOL, still rethinking wether to buy on my trip to germany or hold it until north america release or risk and import from AJ again

Sep 2, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #654 of 45,723
  Will these have the dreaded european volume cap? or hope they have a disabable warning LOL, still rethinking wether to buy on my trip to germany or hold it until north america release or risk and import from AJ again

No getting away from the European volume cap as it is the law and thus unavoidable.  What is so stupid is if they want to protect children's hearing you can buy special child safe headphones with a volume limiter instead of treating everyone like children.  I bought a pair for my niece when she got her first iPod and they work great.

Sep 2, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #655 of 45,723

No getting away from the European volume cap as it is the law and thus unavoidable.  What is so stupid is if they want to protect children's hearing you can buy special child safe headphones with a volume limiter instead of treating everyone like children.  I bought a pair for my niece when she got her first iPod and they work great.

Thanks, will test it on Saturn GmbH , and perhaps buy it off amazon.com when released at states side or if i cannot import, typical from amazon US, then i get it from AJ

Sep 2, 2016 at 11:26 AM Post #656 of 45,723

Yes, European version will have "CAP" on both Z and A unit. The Japanese engineering team advise to buy the international version or any unit in other market which is Non-Cap.

Sep 2, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #657 of 45,723
Yes, European version will have "CAP" on both Z and A unit. The Japanese engineering team advise to buy the international version or any unit in other market which is Non-Cap.

never buying again EU cap versions from sony

Sep 2, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #658 of 45,723
Sep 2, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #659 of 45,723

Thanks then either USA import or AJ import

Sep 2, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #660 of 45,723
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back