SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 30, 2020 at 4:51 AM Post #43,936 of 45,723
Wait what?? The sale didn’t go through?? Dude, that sucks. I wish you the best for that regardless.

Thanks,
Man crap happens I am still kinda shocked at the saler but maybe this is for the best who knows what lemon I could of gotten.

Here is what happened I ordered dmp-z1 and kimber kable for my z7m2.
Well the cable was damaged 1 of the core strand got clipped by the plastic Y splitter and it have scraped of the teflon of the copper strand. So the metal was fully exposed! This is 100% wrong and defective out of the box.

I reached the seller and he said oh I see what kind of person you are and I am canceling the sale for dmp-z1, send me the cable back for refund and we are done!

Thats hilarious honestly to me this means he knows he selling damaged stuff at a reduced price and rather have me running him down with ebay and paypal protection he canceled the whole thing.

As I am saying it probably happened for the best.

Aug 30, 2020 at 4:52 AM Post #43,937 of 45,723
Thanks,
Man crap happens I am still kinda shocked at the saler but maybe this is for the best who knows what lemon I could of gotten.

Here is what happened I ordered dmp-z1 and kimber kable for my z7m2.
Well the cable was damaged 1 of the core strand got clipped by the plastic Y splitter and it have scraped of the teflon of the copper strand. So the metal was fully exposed! This is 100% wrong and defective out of the box.

I reached the seller and he said oh I see what kind of person you are and I am canceling the sale for dmp-z1, send me the cable back for refund and we are done!

Thats hilarious honestly to me this means he knows he selling damaged stuff at a reduced price and rather have me running him down with ebay and paypal protection he canceled the whole thing.

As I am saying it probably happened for the best.
Will you try again in the future?

Aug 30, 2020 at 4:53 AM Post #43,938 of 45,723
@Vitaly2017

Just wondering which sound signature do you prefer:

1. direct signal from source, no equalizer, no processing at all. Complete Sound purity.

2. Light touch of dsp to have some more bass, a little more depth enhancement to the soundstage.

3. Full on DSP processing with stronger bass and 3D sound stage effect out of your music.

Aug 30, 2020 at 5:16 AM Post #43,939 of 45,723
Will you try again in the future?

I would love to but dmp is 11 000 canadian $ not a given at all not ready for that much of expenses . I could try financing it but still its darn expensive and probably will cost me more then my new sony 5.1 home theater speakers with a new sony tv!

@Vitaly2017

Just wondering which sound signature do you prefer:

1. direct signal from source, no equalizer, no processing at all. Complete Sound purity.

2. Light touch of dsp to have some more bass, a little more depth enhancement to the soundstage.

3. Full on DSP processing with stronger bass and 3D sound stage effect out of your music.

Hehe a secret that mr.Tiger ears keep low profile 😁😁😁

The thing is even after I play with dsp, dsee hx after some period of time I always come back to direct source. It has the purest unaltered sound.
Usually if the gear is all set right (cables, music files, headphones or iems) there is no need for dsp enhancements tweaks.

I saw that I play with dsp when the iem or headphones are low quality or it has stock cable instead of a quality one. Or low resolution recordings

Most of the time I am 100% using the direct source.

Aug 30, 2020 at 5:25 AM Post #43,940 of 45,723
I would love to but dmp is 11 000 canadian $ not a given at all not ready for that much of expenses . I could try financing it but still its darn expensive and probably will cost me more then my new sony 5.1 home theater speakers with a new sony tv!

Hehe a secret that mr.Tiger ears keep low profile 😁😁😁

The thing is even after I play with dsp, dsee hx after some period of time I always come back to direct source. It has the purest unaltered sound.
Usually if the gear is all set right (cables, music files, headphones or iems) there is no need for dsp enhancements tweaks.

I saw that I play with dsp when the iem or headphones are low quality or it has stock cable instead of a quality one. Or low resolution recordings

Most of the time I am 100% using the direct source.
So even what you sold isn’t enough?

Aug 30, 2020 at 5:26 AM Post #43,941 of 45,723
Aug 30, 2020 at 5:38 AM Post #43,942 of 45,723
Need to add 4500 $ lol
I could have bought the used one for 551,000 yen in cash. Savings would be low, but with the Pandemic, the 1Z, TA, and 1A all satisfy plenty. So it would probably have been a really bad financial move. 🤷‍♂️

Aug 30, 2020 at 5:46 AM Post #43,943 of 45,723
I could have bought the used one for 551,000 yen in cash. Savings would be low, but with the Pandemic, the 1Z, TA, and 1A all satisfy plenty. So it would probably have been a really bad financial move. 🤷‍♂️

Il stay low and content my self with my current setup and will add zx507 with m9+kimber
I already have very amazing setup . Nothing to complain about other then I am spoiled 🤠😎

Aug 30, 2020 at 5:53 AM Post #43,944 of 45,723
Il stay low and content my self with my current setup and will add zx507 with m9+kimber
I already have very amazing setup . Nothing to complain about other then I am spoiled 🤠😎
You sure? Seems like you weren’t satisfied and when for the juggernaut piece :upside_down:

Aug 30, 2020 at 5:58 AM Post #43,945 of 45,723
You sure? Seems like you weren’t satisfied and when for the juggernaut piece :upside_down:

Haha
I gota calm my self down a bit. My tiger Tail gets exponentially over excited and hyping the dmp-z1 😆🤣😂

Aug 30, 2020 at 5:59 AM Post #43,946 of 45,723
Haha
I gota calm my self down a bit. My tiger Tail gets exponentially over excited and hyping the dmp-z1 😆🤣😂

Yeah and I remember you said you prefer the sound of 1Z compared to DMP-Z1 :grinning:

Aug 30, 2020 at 6:08 AM Post #43,948 of 45,723
Yeah and I remember you said you prefer the sound of 1Z compared to DMP-Z1 :grinning:

Hehe I gotta watch what I am saying I got fans who are following me very closely to the smallest details 😅😅😆

Aug 30, 2020 at 6:25 AM Post #43,949 of 45,723
Hehe I gotta watch what I am saying I got fans who are following me very closely to the smallest details 😅😅😆

It just happens that I have a great memory :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Aug 30, 2020 at 7:27 AM Post #43,950 of 45,723
I am happy to see you are enjoying the amazing 1z Romi, glad it works out very good for you 🙂

When I had them all 3 at my disposal ( 1z stock, Romi 1z and 1a stock ) i had huge trouble deciding which I keep as I do not gather collection of gear only keep the one that passes my ears approval.

So I decided to keep the one I was grabbing the most and listened the most often. Yes I had the 3 best daps always at my finger tips range 😁 was a very spoiled Tiger!
But believe or not wm1a has won the battle of the titans!

Folks might be very surprised by this results but the real reason behind this is that 1a sounded the most accurate and naturaly closer to life like sound.
Romi 1z is between 1a and 1z but I have a very specific personal reason why I didnt approve it over 1a so I dont want to ruin your pleasure and fun with it by disclosing the details.

Yes yes 1a is the most natural slightly neutralish sound with an amazing musicality that dont compromise sound details...
To me 1a is the right sounding sound tuning 1z is to warm and thick, no matter what fm or region you roll it threw.

I know not an easy statement to accept but I went over it even at high loss in $ and go for what I believe to be a better sound.

You have so much gear! You making some fellas a little jealous 😁😛
Very interesting. From my review and experience with W1z as W1A - that sorts the belt and braces of the 1z SW tuning over egging the HW. It provides a holographic sound with air. Harpsichord is a great sound litmus IMO.

But if anyone has followed my trials and tribulations I am not going to be able to keep the 1Z as the screen dimming using PWM at a low refresh rate is causing eye strain headaches for me. It an absolute sound technology heartbreaker....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back