SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 27, 2020 at 8:56 PM Post #43,816 of 45,723
The DMP-Z1 has a very different build elsewhere, especially power management and power distributions, let alone the digital conversions and amp stage. But I leave it to your imagination :wink:

@Whitigir This is what I really have in my imagination :L3000:
simon-system-1024x689.jpg

Aug 27, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #43,818 of 45,723
And in ways they go against the common theme, of copper adding warmth, yet the MDR-Z1R is considered warm so it seems like it would be too much, in the end, but it’s not.

Though the Sony treble boost which we find on a number of IEMs and headphones starts to be missed after your used to it, I think. My Kimber was free with the MDR, and.....I’m not sure I would have purchased it. Yet after hearing the changes, I thought that Sony must be including total trash as cables along with the MDR-Z1R? Truly a flagship headphone with such a bad included cable? So strange? And you try to understand what they are thinking?
Gotta agree on this. I am proof where I didn’t like it with the stock cable and it hurt my ears. The Kimber Kable made all the difference when listening with my 1A and 1Z. Now it’s really easy to listen to and feels like an orchestra is performing right in front of me, just with using the DAPs

Aug 27, 2020 at 9:13 PM Post #43,819 of 45,723
And in ways they go against the common theme, of copper adding warmth, yet the MDR-Z1R is considered warm so it seems like it would be too much, in the end, but it’s not.

Though the Sony treble boost which we find on a number of IEMs and headphones starts to be missed after your used to it, I think. My Kimber was free with the MDR, and.....I’m not sure I would have purchased it. Yet after hearing the changes, I thought that Sony must be including total trash as cables along with the MDR-Z1R? Truly a flagship headphone with such a bad included cable? So strange? And you try to understand what they are thinking?

Same goes for z7m2. At first I used them with stock cable for 300 hours eventually I found they sound unclear , not sharp imaging, missing nuances and resolution, soundstage wasn't impressive either.

Now I got the authentic Japan kimber kable and wow I have sit on to my but very tight and hard. Yep I felt backwards and luckily I had a chair so I landed right on it!

What kimber kable does is, improve resolution drastically vs stock cable. The sense of space and dimensions is vaste and very deep n can go far into the deep distance like far...

I can now feel more tonal nuances with as many variations that are present.

Imaging is so good that its almost like a flagship level, very easy to perceive even the all little faint details in the far background. The resistance of the cable has improved so much that everything has a sound boost like more flow more dynamics and amplitude in music. I no longer need to use the dynamic normalisee.
I actually turned off all enhancements since I got the cable.
As everything now sounds exactly as it should perfectly balanced with correct tonality.

You can tell sony tuned them with kimber kable in mind.

I am very impressed honestly by the Z7M2 + kimber kable with wm1a.

Stelar combo very solide setup , comfort, isolation, very beyond average quality and high resolution experience !

4hz to 100khz! Perfect for Mr. TIGER ears

Aug 27, 2020 at 9:24 PM Post #43,820 of 45,723

Gotta agree on this. I am proof where I didn’t like it with the stock cable and it hurt my ears. The Kimber Kable made all the difference when listening with my 1A and 1Z. Now it’s really easy to listen to and feels like an orchestra is performing right in front of me, just with using the DAPs

You two are pushing my temptations for a pair of mdr-z1r !
So contagious this hobby haha
What a bliss it can be?
Mdr-z1r with kimber kable on a dmp-z1 🤤🤤🤤🥰😇

Aug 27, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #43,822 of 45,723
That would be a hella bass pumping and jumping services :wink:

Sony is the bass master they know how to give you excellent service 😁

Aug 27, 2020 at 9:31 PM Post #43,823 of 45,723
Aug 27, 2020 at 9:33 PM Post #43,825 of 45,723
Is the Zx507 or WM1A warmer? Which is a better fit for the Empire Ears Phantom?

Aug 27, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #43,826 of 45,723
Is the Zx507 or WM1A warmer? Which is a better fit for the Empire Ears Phantom?

Zx507 is warmer, more fun.
1a is more balanced and natural neutral.

Its hard to say maybe you will like both lol

Aug 27, 2020 at 10:02 PM Post #43,827 of 45,723
Zx507 is warmer, more fun.
1a is more balanced and natural neutral.

Its hard to say maybe you will like both lol

Sony seems to be evolving the sound on the ZX507, now it's like a theater system kind of sound!

Been listening to the ZX507 with the MDR-1AM2 on balanced.

Hi-res Streaming On, DSEE HX, Type B low.

I am really impressed with the way that the bass is presented in this new firmware. Now it feels closer and it sounds more like a wall of deep rumbling home theater subwoofer kind of bass.

The soundstage is all around you. It's very enveloping, its like as if you are sitting inside a cinema with Dolby Atmos surround system kind of feeling.

Aug 28, 2020 at 12:13 AM Post #43,828 of 45,723
Hi there,
Does the ier-z1r sound better with 1960s cable compared to stock cable?
I am about to upgrade z1r but not sure where to go
I

What don’t you like about the stock cable, in my opinion it is one of the best stock cables on the market ?

Also be aware that most after market cables are hell to remove again due to the design of the female socket on the IER.

Aug 28, 2020 at 12:14 AM Post #43,829 of 45,723
What don’t you like about the stock cable, in my opinion it is one of the best stock cables on the market ?

Also be aware that most after market cables are hell to remove again due to the design of the female socket on the IER.

This is why I highly recommend sony kimber kable.
Can't go wrong at all only win win win

Aug 28, 2020 at 12:15 AM Post #43,830 of 45,723

The stock cable in this case is better than the Kimber. I won’t deny that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back