SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #42,166 of 45,723
What happened to the Romi 1Z?

Hmm why what happened to Romi?

I know hes doing well and has been well treated.
I think hes very happy.
😄😃

Jul 31, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #42,167 of 45,723
all I can say is that Sony engineering is the real stuff. The WM1A is priced ways too cheap for the build and performances quality. I have said this many times before. The 1Z May seem expensive, but it is also cheap for the price, especially that Copper and Goldplated chassis

How will Sony go about with the next future Walkmans ? I do not know. All I know is that Covid is wrecking HAVOC across the world, and many new products being released just can’t get enough sales or attentions, for example the Xperia MKii.

The only right move at this moment is to release Play Station 5 and new games, because people isolate in the house, they want to keep busy, and who doesn’t love video games lol!!!

Anyways, i think it is easy to guess what Sony May do for the next Walkman. Just look at SA Z1

thanks for the insight @Whitigir ...I'm intrigued by the SA Z1 analogy - how would that translate into a DAP? IYO

Jul 31, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #42,168 of 45,723
I am a walkman. I am a man and I walk, but I don't sound as good as a Sony. :smiley:
LOL
thanks for the insight @Whitigir ...I'm intrigued by the SA Z1 analogy - how would that translate into a DAP? IYO
possibly newer and improved S-Master, more power output with GAN FETs, possibly more fancy versions with upgraded internal components ? more powerful SOC ? Revamped power supplies ...etc...

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #42,169 of 45,723
all I can say is that Sony engineering is the real stuff. The WM1A is priced ways too cheap for the build and performances quality. I have said this many times before. The 1Z May seem expensive, but it is also cheap for the price, especially that Copper and Goldplated chassis

How will Sony go about with the next future Walkmans ? I do not know. All I know is that Covid is wrecking HAVOC across the world, and many new products being released just can’t get enough sales or attentions, for example the Xperia MKii.

The only right move at this moment is to release Play Station 5 and new games, because people isolate in the house, they want to keep busy, and who doesn’t love video games lol!!!

Anyways, i think it is easy to guess what Sony May do for the next Walkman. Just look at SA Z1

"Just look at SA Z1" (looks insane) dough i wonder about power output? 50w per channel maybe 80?

I can hear a difference now that you guys say between SD and Internal memory i hear sound its capped in the higher frecuencies is that correct on SD?

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #42,170 of 45,723
I think the answer is yes, but does the WM1Z use the artistsort and albumsort tags?

I am trying to decide between the WM1Z and newer LPGT.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #42,172 of 45,723
I think the answer is yes, but does the WM1Z use the artistsort and albumsort tags?

I am trying to decide between the WM1Z and newer LPGT.

In 1a/1z the search is done by this groups

Album
Artist
Genres
Composer
Playlists
By Years
Recent imports
You can search by folders

There is an option to play threw folders or stop after the album been played threw once.

No search features

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #42,173 of 45,723
In 1a/1z the search is done by this groups

Album
Artist
Genres
Composer
Playlists
By Years
Recent imports
You can search by folders

There is an option to play threw folders or stop after the album been played threw once.

No search features

But when you select artist, are they always in alphabetical order by first name or do they use the artistsort tag instead where I have it last name, first name? Same with the album list under the artist. Are they alphabetical or do they use the artistsort tag for the order of listing.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #42,175 of 45,723
But when you select artist, are they always in alphabetical order by first name or do they use the artistsort tag instead where I have it last name, first name? Same with the album list under the artist. Are they alphabetical or do they use the artistsort tag for the order of listing.

Ummm there is no way to select how to sort the artists or albums then. If I am correct its only alphabetical. But is that a problem?

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #42,177 of 45,723
Ummm there is no way to select how to sort the artists or albums then. If I am correct its only alphabetical. But is that a problem?

I am spending a lot of time populating artistsort and albumsort so artist appear as I want them and albums appear in release order rather than alphabetical.

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:46 PM Post #42,179 of 45,723

It doesn’t give any indication but it doesn’t use the albumsort tag and similar tags. I found out accidentally when I first had my player and some things were showing in a strange order

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #42,180 of 45,723
It doesn’t give any indication but it doesn’t use the albumsort tag and similar tags. I found out accidentally when I first had my player and some things were showing in a strange order

Bummer. I thought that might have been one of the advantages over the LPGT, but I guess not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back