SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #40,921 of 45,723
Ok Guys First off all my Romi/1z is not defective! It working as it is supposed to !
And thos assumption that @Whitigir did are not relavant as he never heard it and only base hes idea on talking to another headfier... He never acctually heard the dap it self!

Why I keep it quiet because I am learning the new sound that my wm1z/Romi has to offer! Is it because I prefer stock 1a or stock 1z means my romi/1z is deffective and broken NOT AT ALL.

There is no hiss and no defective components inside! The reason that @Whitigir thinks my romi bg is deffective is because of the soundstage as it has a different sound presentation!
I didnt pay attention to that at first but then decided to buy a second stock 1z to do further tests and decide which I prefer. To say my romi is deffective that is false claims!

Further more I spoke closly with Romi about everything was done with my wm1z he explained me that in hes mod he used a capacitor to make the soundstage more vast grandiose ! WHat that means is, instead of having your vocals and mid centric soundstage intimate its now more spacious! it has a distance now its not intimate its more like a hall room its bigger and goes much further. The sound presentation of soundstage simply changed why does that automatically means its defective???

Silver cables bring more neutrality and detail precision, its a little closer to 1a sound but different... With BG caps its still plenty warm and bassy as stock 1z even with silver cables!
My romi/1z is simply changed in sound and tuning and it is not true it is defective!

You guys know I am trying a lot of stuff around and claiming that because I went out and bought 1a and stock 1z that my romi is defective is totally false rumors.
I have the right to not like or dislike it, its all personal!

This is crazy , I havent even shared anything about my Romi and you guys already make false claims for me thanks!
Getting accustomed to a new sound can take lots of time once you’ve been hearing things a certain way, hopefully you’ll really enjoy it down the line. In the end, that’s all that really matters.

Jul 16, 2020 at 11:23 AM Post #40,922 of 45,723
Getting accustomed to a new sound can take lots of time once you’ve been hearing things a certain way, hopefully you’ll really enjoy it down the line. In the end, that’s all that really matters.

I been in love with wm1z for past 2 years. It is normal that I am used to stock sound a lot. And big dramatic change like this can evoke disbalance and it isnlife changing!
As I listen to my dap around 20hours a week! Its my life and energy essence!

For me its crucial to have that perfect sound signature! It is why I try many options

Jul 16, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #40,923 of 45,723
I been in love with wm1z for past 2 years. It is normal that I am used to stock sound a lot. And big dramatic change like this can evoke disbalance and it isnlife changing!

For me its crucial to have that perfect sound signature! It is why I try many options
Probably something that will never be achieved by some. If someone finds it 100%, works for me.

Jul 16, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #40,924 of 45,723

Did you try changing your 1Z to a 1A via the switcher ? The 1A firmware is more intimate and would maybe bring your Romi mod closer to what it was before. Can’t hurt to try if you haven’t done so already.

Jul 16, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #40,925 of 45,723
Did you try changing your 1Z to a 1A via the switcher ? The 1A firmware is more intimate and would maybe bring your Romi mod closer to what it was before. Can’t hurt to try if you haven’t done so already.

Even try it on 1Z. Heard it brings nice improvements as well. :)

This turned out to be more than just 1A to 1Z. It was 1A to something else² .

Jul 16, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #40,926 of 45,723

I am about to do that in a few minutes, I am having a tiger breakfast right now hehe

It turned out into a 1a that even sony didnt imagine could sound so good haha

Jul 16, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #40,927 of 45,723

Yes I got an improvement with just flashing without switching for my stock 1Z.

Jul 16, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #40,928 of 45,723
I think I am more in like with this combo

20200716_160245172_iOS.jpg

Don't get me wrong the Starfield has a smooth sounding playback, but the Form 1.1 brings a bit of edge and bite to the playback that I really enjoy

Jul 16, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #40,930 of 45,723
Hey everybody,

I am expecting delivery of a new WM1A on Monday, to pair with my MDR-Z7 cans (via balanced cable). Any tips or tricks? I'm getting the impression that people don't like the newest firmware - why is that?

Jul 16, 2020 at 1:02 PM Post #40,931 of 45,723
Hey everybody,

I am expecting delivery of a new WM1A on Monday, to pair with my MDR-Z7 cans (via balanced cable). Any tips or tricks? I'm getting the impression that people don't like the newest firmware - why is that?

Go get Kimber Kable and try J+stock 3.0.2 then wait for our new fw release to explode your world and impressions like you never imagined before!

Oh yea please dont forget the 200 hours burn in !!! Very crucial part for maximum sound quality

Jul 16, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #40,932 of 45,723
Go get Kimber Kable and try J+stock 3.0.2 then wait for our new fw release to explode your world and impressions like you never imagined before!

Oh yea please dont forget the 200 hours burn in !!! Very crucial part for maximum sound quality
I don't think a Kimber Kable upgrade is in my near future, having just plunked down for the DAP itself. As far as 200 hours go, I'll be doing that the old fashioned way - by listening :)

What are the features of this custom firmware?

Jul 16, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #40,934 of 45,723
Jul 16, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #40,935 of 45,723
I don't think a Kimber Kable upgrade is in my near future, having just plunked down for the DAP itself. As far as 200 hours go, I'll be doing that the old fashioned way - by listening :)

What are the features of this custom firmware?

you can listen and do burn in I always do that and try to remember at which hour mark what changes occures. Its actually a fun game to play around with lol
But Trust me Kimber Kable has a big changing roll here to! Its designed by sony to bring the best sound possible. the kimber kable is significantly better over stock cable. maybe in future or buy a used one on headfi? That cable new is 280 on amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back